DH giving hair advice on the NYC subway train

naturalmanenyc

DH ended up giving BKT info on the subway train to a woman who was initially hitting on him.:lachen:

DH was on the train to work and while waiting at the platform a woman came over and sat kind of close to him on a bench. When the train came, they ended up on the same car and she sat across from him....but later she moved to sit beside him. She started a conversation and asked if he was married (he wears a ring) and he said yes. She asked how long and if he had kids. She ended up showing him photos of her 2 sons and talking about the kids.

All DH could do was keep looking at her hair. I guess she noticed him staring because she started to talk about her hair and how a relaxer damaged it, so she was wearing a wig.

DH started to talk to her about his wife using some treatmeant that is "natural" that works like a relaxer to make the hair straight but is not damaging. He told her that it was "natural" which is not accurate but it's so funny that he even thought to tell her about it. She was interested in learning more but his stop came and he got off the train.

I guess I do talk about my hair a lot...so much so that he is sharing the info. he learns with others.:lachen::lachen:

PSA - If you were on the A train talking about your hair to a AA man with dreadlocks and a black pinstripe suit, the hair treatment is called Brazilian Keratin.

LoveLiLi

Lol, I can picture your husband on the train, surrounded by a group of women while he gives out hair advice. The "Hair Whisperer".

Denise11

That was really nice of him. He sounds like a good husband. But I bet that woman wasn't too interested in that keratin treatment.

It's a trip how some women will see a wedding ring and still try to pick him up. LOL Shameful!!!!!

naturalmanenyc

Yeah, it's kind of normal now....sad to say. The ring seems to make DH more & more attractive to single ladies. After they ask if he is married, and he says yes, the next question is "are you happily married?":nono: I think that most of them, if he asked, would still give him their contact info....and some have given him their business cards.

That was really nice of him. He sounds like a good husband. But I bet that woman wasn't too interested in that keratin treatment.

It's a trip how some women will see a wedding ring and still try to pick him up. LOL Shameful!!!!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yeah, it's kind of normal now....sad to say. The ring seems to make DH more & more attractive to single ladies. After they ask if he is married, and he says yes, the next question is "are you happily married?":nono: I think that most of them, if he asked, would still give him their contact info....and some have given him their business cards.
That's just plain pathetic.... But I won't get into that cause this is the hair board

So are you still loving your BKT'd hair? :grin:

SherylsTresses

Denise11

I am so over the aggressive women. DH handles it pretty well and only had to check one woman who took it too far after he said he was happily married. Turns out that she is married too but still running after my husband.

I posted about it at the time.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=5628659&postcount=9

Yes!! I love BKT. I wish I had the nerve to BKT in 2007 instead of texlaxing.

I just read your story (the link). That woman is a mess! But you and your husband handled her very well!! LOL

Coffee

My hubby is a Pastor and that's really an attraction to some women. You'd be surprised how many have problems they need to discuss:lachen:.

naturalmanenyc

I can imagine. I have seen women literally THROWING themselves at the pastor of a few churches. It's just awful because every pastor that I've ever known was married.

My hubby is a Pastor and that's really an attraction to some women. You'd be surprised how many have problems they need to discuss:lachen:.