Water
Home Health Castor Oil
Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB*
Olive Oil Cream (Hollywood Beauty)*
Rosemary Oil Mixture*

*Only used a touch

Procedure:

Mixed all ingrients in a plastic bowl to getting a pudding-type texture and allowed to sit for 30 minutes

Applied all of mixture to scalp and hair

Covered with a plastic cap for 2 hours (frst hour under hood dyer - medium setting, second hour no heat)

Rinsed for approximately 10 minutes

Added a large amount of conditioner and rinsed again to ensure all henna was removed

Current Hair State

A lot less bulky, very soft, slightly frizzy due to me playing with it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

General Observations:

My hair started to "clump" nicely while I was putting the henna in my hair. Upon rinsing it was a little stiff, but the 2nd conditioning helped with that. It was still a tad frizzy after rinsing, but less frizzy overall. I didn't shampoo since I used my Sea Buckthorn yesterday, but I will shampoo in the morning before class and report the results later on in the day.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Current Hair State

A lot less bulky, very soft, slightly frizzy due to me playing with it

[/ QUOTE ]

And this was just your first application! Congrats BrightEyes. I'm glad the experience was very positive overall /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use hennalucent since I color my hair every 4-6wks, but when I stop I plan on trying the rainbow and mountain henna brands also.

I'm doing mine this weekend(can't wait). I'm doing the Hennelucent cause it's right on my way home. I'll probably try the Rainbow Henna next. Let me know how the 2nd application goes.
/images/graemlins/sleeping.gif
(Dreaming about 'no frizz!' )

Ok ladies I bought Hennalucent after reading a few of your threads a few weeks ago but I think I may breakdown this weekend and actually use it. They didn't have a "clear" one at the store I went to so I bought the "Earth Brown" color. I'm 4a transitioning from a relaxer to texturized (though it seems more natural when I'm tryna comb through it /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Anyway I'm combing through the threads and trying to find the correct mixture of stuff to mix with it and the amounts before I use it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or link me to the right thread? Maybe I'll finally be able to cover up these grey hairs that seems to be sprouting everywhere /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

BrightEyes,

Thank you so much for posting! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Please keep us posted on the results of your next Henna treatments. Since you and I are both 4a and Natural, I would like to wait to hear more about your experience before I try Henna.

How do you plan on spacing out your next treatments (i.e., 1 a week for 4 weeks and then 1 a month)?

Wishing your great results with Henna and anxiously awaiting to hear more about your Henna results. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Have a nice weekend.

Update

Ok, I shampooed with my Aubrey Organics this morning. Then I followed up with Curl Vive Conditioner and a touch of Nexxus Humectress.

My hair is pretty nice! It still has a little bit of frizz, but not as much as normal. I'm enjoying the lack of bulk, because that's been my biggest problem. I never had problems combing my hair or anything like that. And my texture has never been an issue either. It's just that the longer my hair gets, the more bulky it gets. I HATE that.

My hair looks longer, but the curl pattern doesn't seem like it's been stretched out. I know that it must be, otherwise it'd still look short. It just doesn't look straighter...just less bulky? Does that make sense? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CQ:

Girl, your are so welcome. You know I had to tell Hada, Sassy, and everyone else how I was doing with the henna. And being that Hada is the only person who is fully natural and close to my hair type, I decided that I needed to try it for all the 4a girls out there. There has been a lot of information for women that are relaxed or have 3b/c hair, but not a whole lot for 4a. Gotta change that!

I plan to use the 1-1-1-1-4 pattern for my treatments, which means I will probably being doing applications every Friday for the next 3 weeks. Then I will take some pictures.

Re: Update

Anxiously awaiting the results after your four weeks. Thinking of transitioning that way, would eliminate alot of heat useage. Best to you.

Hmm

Well, I did my 2nd and 3rd treatment, but I'm not sure that I'm pleased. After my 2nd reduction there wasn't a huge reduction in frizz. It's about the same as my first treatment. And the one I did this past friday just made my hair straighter.

I wasn't too happy about this because when my hair is weighed down too much, the ends get really straight and it looks odd. I have bits that are perfect spirals and other parts that are more like stretched out waves. I'm not really sure what to do. I like the lack of bulk but I can do without the manipulation of my texture.

Re: Hmm

I had the same results after doing the coconut and lime mix(I did the hennalucent 2 weeks in a row). I'm thinking about just doing the henna once a month and the coconut and lime 2 weeks after that. If I start getting too much straight hair I will stop both. I'm like you really just looking for something to control the frizz and shrinkage. Right now I'm happy with my hair from last night's treatment. Maybe I should wait until my hair tells me it needs another treatment instead of me just doing it.

sweetcocoa said:Right now I'm happy with my hair from last night's treatment. Maybe I should wait until my hair tells me it needs another treatment instead of me just doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good idea, Cocoa. I think that I will do that too.

Do you think leaving it one for a shorter amount of time will give us the results we are after?

BrightEyes I think by leaving it on for a shorter period of time will give you the results you seek. It's just like a relaxer to me. Leave it on long, hair comes out straighter. Leave it on for a shorter time, hair comes out wavier.

Congrats are in order, BrightEyes. I did my first henna treatment last Tuesday, and it turned out really nice. I, too, had frizzies that I have to deal with until I do another treatment. I have 3a/b hair and I want to release the curl so I can wear it straighter without the bulk.

Can't wait til this Tuesday to do another treatment. I might consider doing the coconut/lime straightener in between the henna. All I want to do is to get rid of that darn frizz. Congrats again.

SeaMist said:
BrightEyes I think by leaving it on for a shorter period of time will give you the results you seek. It's just like a relaxer to me. Leave it on long, hair comes out straighter. Leave it on for a shorter time, hair comes out wavier.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right. I'm going to do 1 hour in about 4 weeks and see how it looks.

Back