1st Time Henna Treatment

growingbrown

I used 50 grams of Cassia and a sample pack of Henna mixed with yogurt, water, amla oil honey and rosemary essential oil. I let it sit for 20 minutes or so. I used a conditioning cap for 30 minutes and rinsed. I should have added more water to make it a little more pasty. It rinsed out very well and gave my hair strengh and a glossy shinny coat. It looks like my hair is more of a lighter brown then before. I have new picks in my fotki but the camera does not give of the color much. I will try to take more picture so you can the color.

I will do this same mixture in a couple of weeks.
SOLD HENNA

Thanks Ladies for this suggestion.:)

I did my first henna a few days ago and i can not tell the difference i took pictures

1 tablespoon of cassia obovata ,Amla, and indigo and three table spoons of heenara

growingbrown, your mixture is similar to mine. I think I use less henna and more cassia though. But, yeah the water will help the texture. I only use an ounce and it becomes really creamy.

I love using plain yogurt in mine. My hair has been much softer since I have been using that.

I was doing some research and because of the protein in yogurt, that can be your protein treatment and there are properties it in that are moisturizing, as well. :D

HoneyDew said:
growingbrown, your mixture is similar to mine. I think I use less henna and more cassia though. But, yeah the water will help the texture. I only use an ounce and it becomes really creamy.

I love using plain yogurt in mine. My hair has been much softer since I have been using that.

I was doing some research and because of the protein in yogurt, that can be your protein treatment and there are properties it in that are moisturizing, as well. :D
Honeydew, I did follow some on your tips as well as others. Thank you. Do you us other protein treatments such as nexxus oe aprogee (sp) while using henna?

growingbrown said:
Honeydew, I did follow some on your tips as well as others. Thank you. Do you us other protein treatments such as nexxus oe aprogee (sp) while using henna?

Not anymore. I used to do a light treatment once a week with the Aphogee Keratin, but I have not since I upped my Cassia/Henna/Yogurt treatment weekly for the past month or so.

I will after my next touchup, though - before neutralizing. Just to be on the safe side. :)

honeydew,
i know this is an old thread but i was just wondering if you are still doing this weekly
wth cassia, henna, and yogurt. are you still getting the same results? are you still not doing protein treatments except for when you relax?

Back