Did you ever have to throw out your hair stuff...

UmSumayyah

...because your husband can't stand the smell? I just got this Amla hair oil. I put it on my daughter after washing her hair today. My husband came home wrinkling his nose wondering what the scent was. He hates it.
To me it doesn't smell bad, just like floral-perfumed (heavily perfumed) hair stuff.
Oh well, I guess I can try using it as a hot oil. That way it gets shampooed out. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

skegeesmb

I never had to throw out anything, but I feel you on having an SO that hates the smell of products. My bf hates WGO, but I told him I'm never going to stop using it, and it's been apart of my hair regimen since 1996. If I were you I'd keep on using it and hope that he will eventually get used to the smell.

hiddy3

UmSumayyah,
That's a tough one...

On one hand I can agree with your DH. I absolutely hate the way Amla smells. It's so pungent and so sweet that it sickens my stomach. It reminds me of a girl in high school that you could tell didn't wash up too good, but doused herself in perfume. Girl, sickeningly sweet "fumes" would radiate off this chic's body! You definitely didn't want to to be close to her. So if your DH is having a physical reaction to it like that, then I would toss it.

On the other hand, if homeboy is just annoyed by the scent because it is "different", perhaps he will get use to it. Give it a bit of time.

I guess I didn't help much, huh? Sorry.
Hmmmm... I wonder whatever happened to "funky Tracy" anyway? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pallas

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
hiddy3 said:
UmSumayyah,
That's a tough one...

On one hand I can agree with your DH. I absolutely hate the way Amla smells. It's so pungent and so sweet that it sickens my stomach. It reminds me of a girl in high school that you could tell didn't wash up too good, but doused herself in perfume. Girl, sickeningly sweet "fumes" would radiate off this chic's body! You definitely didn't want to to be close to her. So if your DH is having a physical reaction to it like that, then I would toss it.

On the other hand, if homeboy is just annoyed by the scent because it is "different", perhaps he will get use to it. Give it a bit of time.

I guess I didn't help much, huh? Sorry.
Hmmmm... I wonder whatever happened to "funky Tracy" anyway? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pallas

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Pallas on this one.