Differences between a Rinse and a Cellophane?

yodie

Can someone explain this to me, please.

I'm familiar with cellophanes (Sebastian Colorshines). They're temporary and add a layer over the hair.

I know that rinses (Beautiful Collections) are temporary and aren't supposed to make the hair dry, especially if they don't have ammonia or peroxide.

What's the major difference between the two? Which is healthier/better option?

I've used two different rinses (no amm or peroxide) and my hair continues to feel DRY!! I've used a cellophane a few times, and I don't remember any dryness.

I think I want to try a nice, black cellophane.
Can anyone recommend a black (not red/black or blue/black) cellophane that doesn't dry their hair?

Thanks ladies.

outspokenwallflower

In my opinion, there is no difference. I have Sebastian Cellophanes Laminates and Kiss Express colors rinses and they do the same thing...deposit temporary color without harsh chemicals. Perhaps the brand you're using is what's making your hair dry...I like Cellophane Laminates (Colourshines, etc.) and Kiss Express colors...both are really great in terms of color AND don't dry your hair out. =]

yodie

In my opinion, there is no difference. I have Sebastian Cellophanes Laminates and Kiss Express colors rinses and they do the same thing...deposit temporary color without harsh chemicals. Perhaps the brand you're using is what's making your hair dry...I like Cellophane Laminates (Colourshines, etc.) and Kiss Express colors...both are really great in terms of color AND don't dry your hair out. =]

Thanks.

I used two different rinses. Neither had ammonia or peroxide and my hair doesn't seem to like it. It has a mind of it's own.

Cellophane Laminates (Colourshines), I thought was discountinued and they no longer had cellophanes in black.

outspokenwallflower

Thanks.

I used two different rinses. Neither had ammonia or peroxide and my hair doesn't seem to like it. It has a mind of it's own.

Cellophane Laminates (Colourshines), I thought was discountinued and they no longer had cellophanes in black.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Colourshines are discontinued; you can only find it in a few select locations. Cellophane Laminates are available though. =]

Eisani

I thought that all cellophanes were rinses, but not all rinses are cellophanes :look: Both are ammonia and peroxide-free, but it thought the ingredients were a little different. Idk, having used both rinses and cellophanes, I think there is a difference. Cellophanes always seem shinier to me, but maybe it was just in my own mind...

*Michelle*

I thought that all cellophanes were rinses, but not all rinses are cellophanes :look: Both are ammonia and peroxide-free, but it thought the ingredients were a little different. Idk, having used both rinses and cellophanes, I think there is a difference. Cellophanes always seem shinier to me, but maybe it was just in my own mind...

I think they are different as well. I LOVE Colorshines because they have hydrolyzed wheat protein high on the list. I "try" to use the clear every six weeks...LOVE THE BLING, it is unparalled! I feel it is an extra layer of protection, too!

BTW Sebastian still makes the product it just named colorshine instead of cellophane. hth!

yodie

I think they are different as well. I LOVE Colorshines because they have hydrolyzed wheat protein high on the list. I "try" to use the clear every six weeks...LOVE THE BLING, it is unparalled! I feel it is an extra layer of protection, too!

BTW Sebastian still makes the product it just named colorshine instead of cellophane. hth!

Thanks. I don't think the company makes colorshines in black, do they?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Yodie, I've heard alot about Color Showers have you looked into it? It seems to be the same as the others, but maybe a more moisturizing option? Just asking.

yodie

Hi Bronze,

Never tried colorshowers, but I see 2 threads on it. I'll read thru for info. Hope I can buy it locally.

Thanks

outspokenwallflower

They don't make a black cellophane.

Nope, they don't, the darkest they go is a certain shade of brown I believe.

Sebastian is better IMO (pricier too :ohwell:) but there are other brands out there that have gotten good reviews...I know there was a thread on Kiss Express colors, and users said it worked great, and did not dry out their hair, etc. PLUS it's cheaper.

The ingredients in Sebastian Cellophanes and rinses are different, but what I meant is that they do the SAME thing-- they deposit temporary color w/out chemicals. It all depends on how certain brands work on your hair, some are known to be drying...:nono: I have bottles of Laminates AND Kiss colors in my house and I use either depending on what color I want.