Divorce and Remarrying

Blossssom

Cinnabuns said:
This is a great discussion so I asked my pastor about it (He has been married three times already) and when I brought this very subject up to him he blew me off completely.

That's because he know he's wrong.

I can't quote chapter and verse, but somewhere in II Timothy it says that a man who has been divorced is not supposed to be over a congregation to begin with, including my father.

"How can a man run the household of God, if he can't run his own household?" So THERE! :)

Blossssom

star said:
No, look in the book Corinithains about marriage and search other books on divorce in New testament. You have what is called an non-concentic divorce. He divorce you with out permission. The Bible say that if spouse wants to leave let them leave. You will not be committing a sin if you remarried. Explain this to the Pastor he should understand. :)

Is this regarding cheating? I don't recall divorce ever being justifable in the Bible. Not even for cheating.

Personally, concerning divorce and remarriage, it is simple and plain. Now a days people want to add in things in the Bible and try to justify their situation. The Bible states that God HATES divorce, Jesus says the only reason one should divorce is because of sexual infidilety, but He did not say that the innocent party should go on and remarry. The Bible also states that a whoever marries a divorced woman is committing adultery (because in the eyes of God that woman is still bound). Paul also takes it further and says even if you do divorce, you are to remain single or return to your spouse. Remarriage comes after your spouse has died.