Diy Mixtress into the 2020s

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Have any of you noticed, that with a DIY hair butter/cream, seems to stretch your hair more (while the item is in, not if you wash it out of course) say... if you pin it back overnight?

Hair was mostly dry - took out pins and brushed hair with a Wet Brush--
the brush glided through, no knots, no issues. Normally the curls are fighting with each other, as there are at least 3 curl patterns randomly, and they don't mingle well.

I could give myself a light SCALP massage with the brush and not have tangles. It was so easy to manage and pin back afterwards, crown looked almost totally smooth and stayed that way.
Seemed TOO smooth for what I am accustomed to seeing on myself, later put in twists here and there, to give it flair.
No crunchiness like some store-bought leave-ins and creams I've used, to make me scared to re-do it.

Normally I'm fighting with all the curls (uneven, no uniform curl pattern)-- unevenly bumpy, untidy look no matter what. One of many reasons I adore 4b/4c hair, which can have intentional patterns, like with puffs, braids, twists, stay in harmony

Love DIY, you can tinker to achieve combinations, with a little trial and error, that you know suit your hair + leave out what you know won't. Plus once you've settled on a winner, you can have peace of mind knowing it won't be discontinued-
you can always make it again or reformulate on your own terms - without having to 'shop around' or buy endless backups.

VictoriousBrownFlower

next month i plan to make a couple of different oil infusions.... one for my scalp and one to condition my hair.

My plans for the scalp oil infusion is:
fenugreek seeds
nettle leaves
rosemary leaves
and saw palmetto betties
heat infused in castor oil for 8 hrs in double boiler

My plans for hair oil is:
marshmallow root
burdock root
and horsetail
heat infused in equal parts avocado hemp seed and castor oil for 8 hrs.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I think my intention for 2021 is to delve more deeply into DIY preps.

First up is making my EO blend based on a formula used for those fighting thinning hair:

2 drops of thyme oil,
3 drops of lavender,
3 drops of rosemary,
2 drops of cedarwood.

I will scale that up into a larger dropper bottle instead of hand blending every week.

Here is a chart to help you scale drops to fill a bottle:

1609514202943.png

From this article :http://www.msfullhair.com/how-to-di...ir-growth-essential-oil-dilution-ratio-chart/

snoop

I want to try making a leave-in tea spray for my scalp and hair. How strong are you ladies making your sprays/spritzes?

When, I make my rinses I dilute them, but I just wanted to check around and see what other are doing.

I ended up doing you'd and it wasn't too bad. I've been using cut herbs since powdered herbs seem to cause obvious spoilage. I don't refrigerate my spray.

I've also been experimenting with tallow. I find that it's like shea butter but not as heavy.