Do any type 4 naturals never wear protective styles?

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
I mean people with really nappy/coarse/kinky hair.

I look best with a puff or an afro. Typical ‘out’ styles. I mainly wear twists or braids, which I like because I don’t have to worry out my hair for weeks at a time, but they don’t flatter me at all. Not one bit.

I actually really like PS but I’m tired of wearing styles that don’t compliment me for the sake of longer hair.

I’m not sure what I should do. I really want to retain as much length as possible but I also want to feel confident and attractive when I leave the house.

Are they any type 4 naturals who don't protective style but still retain length?

laurend

I mean people with really nappy/coarse/kinky hair.

I look best with a puff or an afro. Typical ‘out’ styles. I mainly wear twists or braids, which I like because I don’t have to worry out my hair for weeks at a time, but they don’t flatter me at all. Not one bit.

I actually really like PS but I’m tired of wearing styles that don’t compliment me for the sake of longer hair.

I’m not sure what I should do. I really want to retain as much length as possible but I also want to feel confident and attractive when I leave the house.

Are they any type 4 naturals who don't protective style but still retain length?

What do you mean real nappy hair, you mean like the hair you find in South Africa. I don't have extreme nappy hair but I wear twistouts all the time.

growth2come

I had absolutely nappppppy hair but with all the stuff I have tried here....its gotten much softer now....but also I think thats because I am learning better ways of taking care of my hair. I am mostly in braids(what you call feeding braids over there.) I can usually keep these in for fours weeks at a time and still wash my hair as normal. With regards to flatting styles.... there are plenty to choose from and once I have have one, I play around with it...I can use a scarf around the front, big twist and bun held in place with hair sticks and you can choose different accessories....but choose a still that works for you....cos there are some styles that make me like I have a bid a$$ forehead...but try a few and.....i am sure you will find something that works for you. :)

Lucky's Mom

My hair is so fragile - I think all the Condish and stuff I do make it absolutely soft....

If I just did nothing to it - I would shave my head.

Junebug D

I did that for some time during my many years natural. I would wear twists or twistouts every once in a while too, but I wasn't really thinking of protective styles, or the state of my ends, or anything like that. My hair grew just fine. I would BC every year, and at the end of every year I would have between 5-7 inches. (Except one year, don't ask what happened that year :look:).

I know they also don't make a big deal out of PS, ends, etc. on Nappturality (at least not the time I was there) and the women there don't seem to have problems retaining length. Just find what works for you. :ohwell: