Do This for Long, Strong, Healthy Hair............

joyous

Ladies what three factors/or products do you think have contributed the most in your quest for long, strong, healthy hair????

Lindy

1. LIMIT THE USE OF HEAT!!! (Try to airdry most times)

2. MOISTURIZE constantly - never let the hair dry out

3. USE PROTEIN CONDITIONERS and a good MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER on a regular basis

PrettyBrownEyes

For me I would say, keeping my hair and scalp clean, sleeping with my hair covered in a silk scarf, deep conditioning my hair weekly. There are more, but, those are the first three that came to mind.

CICI24

1. little manipulation
2. Supplements/ healthy diet/water/excercise
3. clean scalp/moisturized ends

CICI

SherryLove

1.genetics
2.keeping my ends moisturized
3.scalp massages
4.no direct heat
5.good/proper nutrition
6.keeping scalp clean
7.trimming less

kedala

1. Prayer
2. Organic products...sans SLS/Alcohol etc...
3. No heat
4. Using organic oils (coconut/olive/jojoba)
5. Drinking more water
6. Reducing sugar intake

G

1, Don't obsess
2, Don't stress
3, Don't worry
Other than that, just make sure you deep condition, cover it at night and take exceptional care of the ends.

Valerie

1)Prayer
2)Rinse daily, now it is summer, do it at least twice a day.
3)Using no heat
4)Supplements/healthy diet/exercise etc
5) Using oils (castor oil, alma oil)
6) Conditioning treatments when neccessary

AMBERSKYE

1)Cleanse and condition your hair regularly
(protein, hot oil, deep conditioning, leave-ins)
2)Try to avoid direct heat on your hair (blow dryers)
3)Massage your scalp at least once a day
4)Keep your ends protected (oils, serums, protected styles)
5)Eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, etc...)
6)Drink plenty of water!!!
7)Take a vitamins/minerals/efas/etc...
8)Avoid too much manipulation! LESS IS BEST!!!

lala

[ QUOTE ]
1.genetics
2.keeping my ends moisturized
3.scalp massages
4.no direct heat
5.good/proper nutrition
6.keeping scalp clean
7.trimming less

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked my Mom this very question and her answer was genetics.

adrienne0914

1. keep the hair (especially ends) moisturized

2. limit the use of heat

3. leave it alone!!!

i think genetics can help some, but not others. i also think that genetics (for those who don't have relatives with long hair) can be overcome.

gvsugirl

-protect from wind and sun
-moisturize when needed(even if multiple times daily)
-less direct heat
-pin hair up when attending events where there is lots of hugging, dancing, and shoulder touching/grabbing (learned this the hard way)
-find the right products for you and stick with them
-vitamins for overall health

G

For those of you who said prayer, I beg you.... use your prayers for something that will make a difference in the world. That takes vanity to a very obsene level. It is wonderful that we want to take pride in our appearance and all strive for healthy hair, but don't let this consume you.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Taking care of your hair requires:

1. Washing and conditioning your hair, along with weekly deep conditioning and protein treatments.

2. Avoid heating appliances, i.e. blowdryers and such.

3. Giving a scalp massage to stimulate blood flow.

4. Protect hair from the wind and sun (time to put on your wide-rimmed hats that's satin lined for summer).

5. Eat a healthy diet; fruits, veggies, lean meats, dairy, and use healthy cooking oils, i.e. olive, peanut, safflower.

6. Get out and exercise, if it's too hot, exercise indoors.

7. Plenty of H2O.

8. Protective hairstyles.

9. Wear silk or satin when retiring for bed, or put a satin pillowcase over your existing pillow.

10. Take supplements for overall health and nourishment for your hair.

11. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

12. Use less chemicals, i.e. relaxers and such. </font>

Integrity

hmm i dunno about that. i think God cares for ALL aspects of us, he has numbered all the hairs on our head. i think as humans we sometimes underestimate how he is. he is not like man who will say how dare you bother me with such a petty thing.it is a father, child relationship. i wouldnt turn away my child if he was worried about what i see as a tiny problem...i have prayed for things that may be seen as petty or vain to others but they have come to pass.

i take prayer to be a chat with my creator not some complicated, formal, executive scientific grant application.if i had a face to face conversation with jesus i would let him know all my dreams, my goals(incl hair), my fears etc etc.

deon19

I agree with Caramela it is kind of vein to pray for long hair when there's bigger problems in the world. One may need to work on their innerself first and then everything else will come naturally.

JenJen2721

I love threads like these....great tips!

BTW, I don't think the Lord has a problem with us praying about our beauty. I think He wants us to be beautiful and to be able to come to Him with the same things we go to each other for. As long as we don't become consumed and obsessed with beauty and vanity. He can handle all of our prayers.

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
hmm i dunno about that. i think God cares for ALL aspects of us, he has numbered all the hairs on our head. i think as humans we sometimes underestimate how he is. he is not like man who will say how dare you bother me with such a petty thing.it is a father, child relationship. i wouldnt turn away my child if he was worried about what i see as a tiny problem...i have prayed for things that may be seen as petty or vain to others but they have come to pass.

i take prayer to be a chat with my creator not some complicated, formal, executive scientific grant application.if i had a face to face conversation with jesus i would let him know all my dreams, my goals(incl hair), my fears etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, Pandora. There's nothing too small for God. By the same token, though, we do need balance - it is rather vain to only pray for healthy hair when you don't have a healthy spirit.

Whisper

I second all comments on prayer.... it was when I prayed about my hair health was when .. I "stumbled across this board" and everything you ladies had to offer me have been extremely helpful.. even after a month.

Rinsing
Deep Conditioning

Paris Belle

I responded to the old thread which was similar to this one.
I only wanted to add that genetics determines only How To Care for one's hair. It doesn't necessary predetermine how long your hair is going to be. Hair length and health vary across the board regarding texture.