Do you ALWAYS HAVE TO condition?

CheerBear

I was thinking about this in the shower yesterday when I washed my hair with some my elasta creme conditioning shampoo, i used to wonder this with CON also...the moisturizing shampoo gives me lots of slip and make my hair feel really soft, but after i condition it, it doesnt always feel as good as with the shampoo alone. so my question is, if i was to add some jojoba oil or olive oil to my shampoo, can I skip conditioning?

I have an aunt who uses CON shampoo and NEVER conditions. Her hair looks lovely (nice and thick). I was so
shocked.gif
when she told me she never uses conditioner. When I used CON shampoo, I always used conditioner afterwards.

Between the ages of 3 and 10 my mom washed my hair with CON shampoo and she rarely if ever used conditoner, and my hair was in pretty good condtion.

I don't condition after CON. Usually I'm wearing the ringlets down to a party or something and I'm in a rush anyway. I just leave in some CON with diluted Sta-Sof-Fro and airdry it loose.

Before I style the vaselined braided bun for the week, I always deep ocndition.

Regardless to what I use to start my shampoo, I ALWAYS have to end with a conditioning shampoo, such as Creme of Nature w/conditioner. My hair tangles so badly.

I always give myself a deep conditioner, regardless.

CheerBear,

I'm with Anky. I think you have to do what works best for you and I would experiment and see how your hair reacts.

I've found several 2-in-1 shampoos which I really like and treat my hair really well, but I ALWAYS use conditioner on the ends, even if it is a lighter one.

I think what you are feeling with the conditioner w/the conditioning shampoo is just build-up.

~Jade~

When I was using Creme of Nature..most of the time I just used a leave-in conditioner and that was it.

Back