Do you ever have high maintenance hair envy?

levette

On my lhc journey I try to minimize heat and do low maintenance styles... But sometimes miss my shorter bob with its precision cut and wearing it bone straight and wrapped... I almost wanna say forget long heat free hair and go to that high maintenance look with straight black bob length hair with lots if body and swang... But I love my hair longer too... How do you resist cutting your hair or going back to that salon look that many black women pull off so beautifully

bydebra

When I wore a bob, it wasn't high maintenance. All I had to do to maintain it was wrap it at night.

I cut 4-5 inches off of my hair last week (went to a stylist), and I don't regret it a bit. Of course, I'm transitioning, so I was going to start cutting my hair anyway.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I do miss the bone straight hair and precision cuts, but because I live around a lot of other races with very long hair, it keeps me grounded on growing my & dd's hair.

levette

When I wore a bob, it wasn't high maintenance. All I had to do to maintain it was wrap it at night. I cut 4-5 inches off of my hair last week (went to a stylist), and I don't regret it a bit. Of course, I'm transitioning, so I was going to start cutting my hair anyway.[/QUOTE

For me I would flatiron it weekly and wrap to keep up that look

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I wore a bob for over 5 years and while I loved it...growing it out was a bleep. I loved the look but hated that I couldn't make a ponytail and be lazy. Now when I crave the bob look, I'll get a sew in weave and have it cut into a cute style. This usually scratches that itch and I'm back missing my long hair within a few weeks. lol Matter of fact, I'll be getting a sew in one of these days and have it cut into one of these styles.

When I want to swang some straight hair, I head to the salon, get it pressed then swang till my heart is content. Nothing wrong with using heat responsibly, it's the excessive use of it that makes it bad.

Last edited:

levette

I wore a bob for over 5 years and while I loved it...growing it out was a bleep. I loved the look but hated that I couldn't make a ponytail and be lazy. Now when I crave the bob look, I'll get a sew in weave and have it cut into a cute style. This usually scratches that itch and I'm back missing my long hair within a few weeks. lol Matter of fact, I'll be getting a sew in one of these days and have it cut into one of these styles. When I want to swang some straight hair, I head to the salon, get it pressed then swang till my heart is content. Nothing wrong with using heat responsibly, it's the excessive use of it that makes it bad.

That bob is hot...