Do You have Dry Hair? Maybe this can help

FashionistaNY

http://www.natural-hair-treatment.com/damaged_hair_treatment.htm

Dry Hair Solution
Dry hair is caused by heat, an open cuticle, chemicals applied to the hair, and poor maintenance.
SOLUTIONS:

1) Less or no heat. When blow drying, use a cooler setting and do not blow dry until the is completely dry.
2) Use acidifiers. Acidifiers close the cuticle down and lock in moisture. Acidifiers have a pH of 2.5 to 3.5. They have a lower pH than hair does in an aqueous solution.

3) Color, perms, relaxers, and other chemicals are sometimes a necessary evil. They rob the hair of humectants. Humectants attract and retain moisture (water) in the cortical layer of the hair. Try to use low ammonia -low peroxide color. Do not leave neutralizer on too long with perms. If possible avoid relaxers.

4) Treat your hair. Replace lost humectants with essential fatty acids (lipids), acidify your hair, use low pH products, use cool water. Replace what was taken out to make your hair dry. Also eat a diet full of essentet full of essential fatty acids (in moderation and non-animal {no cholesterol}).

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Get a good low pH shampoo. High pH shampoos lift the cuticle allowing moisture to evaporate. Here are a few great shampoos for dry hair:
Sunset Hair Elements (Moisturizing) Shampoo (Best Pick)
Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Moisture and Shine (Creatives)
Redken Moisturizing Shampoo

Replace lipids. Your scalp produces sebum. This is the hairs' natural source of lipids or essential fatty acids (EFA's.) If your hair grows past your neck line; The hair makes no or little contact with the body. If you use heat (irons, rollers, blow drying), your hair will get depleted of EFA's.
Sunset Hair Elements (Vanilla Bean) Treatment
Paul Mitchell Hair Repair

Acidify. Acidifiers lock the lipids and moisture in the cortex. They are probably the single most important step to good hair. They maintain good hair.
Sunset Hair Elements Hair Re-Balancer
Nexxus Ensure
Redken Extreme
Paul Mitchell "The Rinse"

Other -1/2 teaspoon of safflower oil taken orally a day ( you may build up to 1-2 tablespoons)
or
Omega-3 supplements. They will help you reduce heart attacks by 50% too!

bajanplums1

Thanks so much. I always noticed a difference when I used Aphogee's essential fatty acids oil concentrate. I wish I knew more acidifying products. thanks again!!

locabouthair

My hair is natural no chemicals, no colors. When I took my weave out the last time my hair was REALLY dry. I do plan on using honeyin my deep conditioning cuz its a humectant. I hope it works.

Porsche19

FashionistaNY said:
Do not leave neutralizer on too long with perms.

How long is too long? I do it for about 15 minutes. I thought that this was necessary to properly neutralize your hair.