***DO YOU KNOW OF ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN Mucopolysaccharides??***

adw425

Yep, yep! The easiest and probably cheapest most concentrated way to get you some muccopolysacchide benefits in your hair!

(Great for internal use, too. But you got to get the kind made for internal use.)

I only use food grade because I take it in a juice daily and use on my hair daily. I absolutely love the stuff!

JerriBlank

Awesome thread!
On a sidenote,people's megatek have different ingredients?I thought there was only one formula...hmmmmmm...

Neith

ALOE VERA GEL - Easiest way to get ya mucopolysacharides. :yep:

I've also used this AO product:

Primrose Tangle - Go Conditioner

INGREDIENTS: Witch Hazel (natural herbal extract), Deionized Water, Mucopolysaccharides, Organic Lavender Oil, Lanolin, PABA (Aminobenzoic Acid), Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5).

It smells like essential oils, it's a liquid and it felt good on my scalp.

gorgeous86

Awesome thread!
On a sidenote,people's megatek have different ingredients?I thought there was only one formula...hmmmmmm...

There is... . I called Eqyss ( I thought they changed the formula, needed to see if I should stockpile) and the representative said that ALL MegaTek Rebuilder still has mucopolysaccharides. He said that you may not see that name on the package because it is ordered from different vendors, and they change the name to make it their own. HTH

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I need to read this later...

ETA: I need to get the aloe juice out the fridge and start using it again. I think I had some in my megatek mix :scratchch

Last edited:

naturalgurl

Yep, aloe vera is the bomb! Get the food grade and you can buy that at any natural food store or probably large super sized grocery stores. I slather aloe vera on whenever and use it in my home made moisturizing spritz.

AtlantaJJ

Yep, yep! The easiest and probably cheapest most concentrated way to get you some muccopolysacchide benefits in your hair!

(Great for internal use, too. But you got to get the kind made for internal use.)
:hiya: , where have you been hiding!! Good to see you!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

This ingredient is in the growth aid Surge. Mucopolysaccharides are also in Aphogee's Pro Vitamin Leave in Conditioner

Aphogee???? Thank G-d I found another product. I remember a thread many weeks ago and I suggested this Italian product for which I couldn't remember the name let alone, find it at Sally's again. Is this the Keratin Protein Green Tea-something from Aphogee??? I'm so glad to hear this.

Muse

I actually use this conditioner as a "growth aid". I just started using it, but the ingredients are pretty fantastic! :lick:

Ingredients in MSM Conditioner and MSM Moisturizing Conditioner: Deionized Water, MSM , Natural Vegetable Fatty Acid Base, Milk Protein, Phospholipids, Amino Acids (Cystine, Cystine & Methionine), Glycoprotein (Glycogen & Mucopolysaccharides); extracts of Rosemary, Sage, Coltsfoot, and Horsetail; protein extract; Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid and Panthenol (Vitamins E, A, C and B5, respectively, in liposome forms); Grape Seed Extract, Essential Oils. MSM Moisturizing Conditioner is distinguished by a higher concentration of essential oils.

Wow I have that exact same poo and con! I stopped using it because the poo tangled my hair soooo badly and the con didn't give enough slip. I was gonna donate it to the Salvation Army. Wow I didn't realize it had that polysaccharide in it, hmm....

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

You ladies don't truly know just how great you are!!! This is one brilliant-minded group of women, from politics, to finances to, and our favorite....:yep:....HAIRCARE!!!!!!!!! Yeeeee Hawwwwww!:cowgirl:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Ladies, please join me on the recipe board. I've got an idea on how to make a recipe using items some of us already have at home. Help me embellish it. I thought it best to include it over there.

JuicesN'Berries

ALOE VERA GEL - Easiest way to get ya mucopolysacharides. :yep:

I've also used this AO product:

Primrose Tangle - Go Conditioner

INGREDIENTS: Witch Hazel (natural herbal extract), Deionized Water, Mucopolysaccharides, Organic Lavender Oil, Lanolin, PABA (Aminobenzoic Acid), Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5).

It smells like essential oils, it's a liquid and it felt good on my scalp.

Man I really had no clue how beneficial aloe vera could be for my hair...thats Great! The other products you have listed has some great ingredients too!

There is... . I called Eqyss ( I thought they changed the formula, needed to see if I should stockpile) and the representative said that ALL MegaTek Rebuilder still has mucopolysaccharides. He said that you may not see that name on the package because it is ordered from different vendors, and they change the name to make it their own. HTH

Thank You for clarifying this....I was wondering what was going on!!!

Wow I have that exact same poo and con! I stopped using it because the poo tangled my hair soooo badly and the con didn't give enough slip. I was gonna donate it to the Salvation Army. Wow I didn't realize it had that polysaccharide in it, hmm....

I was just about to order this stuff....and then you said the thing about the tangles...maybe I can use it in conjuntion with something else:ohwell:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Hello ladies...I was wondering if you guys know of any products that contain this ingredient...I thought mega-tek did...but it looks as if they changed their formula.....

I know surge used to...but thats not around anymore...let me know ladies TIA

I saw this in my BSS today it contains mucco...... I was going to pick it up, but wanted to research it first. If you can't see the writing its Surge Olive/Soya Bean oil, says it contains no mineral oil/petroleum. The ingredients looked pretty good.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Surge Olive and Soya Bean Oil with Virgin Oil
Increases Elasticity & Improves Strength
- Hydrates Dry Dull Hair

Olive/Soya Bean Oil - Experience Virgin Olive Oil and Soya Bean Oil without the use of Petrolatum and Wax. Can be used on the scalp without build up. Leaves hair soft and beautiful. Increases elasticity and added moisture to dry dull hair. Muccopolysaccharides are added to promote healthier hair growth and stop breakage.

adw425

Hellure....anyone that is using the aloe vera gel????

Mostly I apply my aloe vera gel-based scalp concoction to my scalp (see recipe forum) but sometimes I just apply the gel straight and it gives a very aggressive (in the most positive sense) tingle and stimulation. I use food grade only.

OhmyKimB

Mostly I apply my aloe vera gel-based scalp concoction to my scalp (see recipe forum) but sometimes I just apply the gel straight and it gives a very aggressive (in the most positive sense) tingle and stimulation. I use food grade only.

OHHkkk...thanks...I just ordered some now:yep:

bnbb2000

Can someone pls tell what's the name of the Aloe Vera to buy and what stores it can be purchased from? TIA! :)

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Can someone pls tell what's the name of the Aloe Vera to buy and what stores it can be purchased from? TIA! :)

Try to look for the kind that you can ingest, take internally. You may want to go a health food store in your area. I have Lily of the valley. You want something that is pure and natural with few additives and little or no processing. Some large chains are Whole Foods. I do not have these stores where I live right now. I just look up "health food store" in the yellow pages or online in my area to find a store.

MJ

You can buy the gallon of Aloe vera juice from Trader Joe's ($7.99) and or the Lily of the Valley brand and use that.

Traycee and Lady Libra both use aloe vera juice as their leave-in. Traycee mixes hers with rose water and Lady Libra mixes hers with glycerin (I can't remember if she adds rose water as well). Both have long, beautiful, and healthy hair.

tkj25

i love aloe vera, but i'm finding that store bought pure aloe vera juice is too astringent for my hair -- especially if i use too much. i used to put it in my moisture spray. (maybe i just need to lessen the concentration:ohwell:) ... it's still good to take internally though, mixes well in a green smoothie:)

but i've found that fresh aloe pulp is the business:grin::grin::grin:. you can buy a fresh plant or leaf at a health food store or grocery. just slice the leaf in half, & scrape the clear gel out. i then dice it & puree with a stick blender or food processor. it makes this super moisturizing slippy gel.

hhg

tkj

Last edited:

MJ

i love aloe vera, but i'm finding that store bought pure aloe vera juice is too astringent for my hair -- especially if i use too much. i used to put it in my moisture spray. (maybe i just need to lessen the concentration:ohwell:) ... it's still good to take internally though, mixes well in a green smoothie:)

but i've found that fresh aloe pulp is the business:grin::grin::grin:. you can buy a fresh plant or leaf at a health food store or grocery. just slice the leaf in half, & scrape the clear gel out. i then dice it & puree with a stick blender or food processor. it makes this super moisturizing slippy gel.
hhg

tkj

I've been thinking about this. I'm going to try it this weekend, probably mix some fresh pulp into my DC mix.

tkj25

I've been thinking about this. I'm going to try it this weekend, probably mix some fresh pulp into my DC mix.

that sounds good. just make sure to blend well to avoid little chunks ... in fact you can add in a little conditioner & blend it in as well to make it even creamier & smooth:)

MJ

that sounds good. just make sure to blend well to avoid little chunks ... in fact you can add in a little conditioner & blend it in as well to make it even creamier & smooth:)

I bought an aloe leaf today. I sliced it down the middle and scooped out the gel with a spoon into a blender. After I blended it, I put some in my hair and cover my hair a plastic cap. I was going to mix it with my deep conditioner mix before putting it on my hair, but I got excited :lachen:.

I also decided to freeze the remainder in ice cube trays to see if I can make it last longer. I only deep condition once each week, and I have enough to last me for weeks. (My hair is cornrowed, so it takes less to saturate it.) I think it would spoil if I leave it in the fridge for that long. I had enough leftover aloe gel to make 30 ice cubes. I plan on using 2-3 cubes in my deep conditioner mix, and I have enough to last 10-15 weeks!

I feel as if I'm giving my hair a healthy treat! :yep:

Thanks, tkj25.

ETA: I wish I'd seen your last post before I blended it. I have some tiny chunks in my hair, lol.

Last edited: