Do you know your hair monthly growth rate?

honeycomb719

I've come to the conclusion that my hair monthly growth rate is a little over 1mm per month. Meaning, it will take 8months for me to gain 3inches.

I've watched my hair growth patten for the past 10mths and this is the conclusion. Atleast, now I know not to expect more from my hair than it's putting out. I havent factored in how much I cut and all.
But, has anyone else figured out they gorwth rate?

cutebajangirl

That is cool, mine is only 1/2 inch a month meaning 4 inches a year so were pretty much in the same boat.
edited to add: Whoops I meant to say 1/4 inch a month

Babygurl

Mine is about 1/2 inch a month also....well now it is, used to be a lot slower before I started taking GOOD care of it. I can deal with 6 inches a year!

KM24

My rate is currently 3/8" per month. I'm going to try changing my diet and start exercising to see if my hair will grow faster.

pebbles

I get between 1/4" to 1/2" of growth per month, not more than that. It seems to vary from month to month.

Serei

My hair growth rate fluctuates from month to month too. I am guessing 1/2 of an inch a month, (a little more in the crown and back). How the heck do you measure monthly hair growth rate? Do you just average it out after a couple months? That's how I do it. How did you come up with 3/8 of an inch?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
My growth rate varies from season to season, it grows faster in the summer and fall. Usually around 1/2 to 3/4 inches and in the winter I may get about 1/4 to 1/2 inch monthly. I get about 1/2 inch in the spring. Sound like about 6 inches a year to me!

lilchanel

My hair growth is about 1/2 inch. I have noticed more growth since I have been taking my vitamins regularly and getting deep conditioners.

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Mine grows in little fits & spurts. It may grow an inch one month and I get all excited, then it grows 1/4" the next month... I've never been able to isolate what factor causes it to grow faster some months. I wish I could!!
It averages about 6-7 inches per year.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
jetcitygirl said:
Mine grows in little fits & spurts. It may grow an inch one month and I get all excited, then it grows 1/4" the next month... I've never been able to isolate what factor causes it to grow faster some months. I wish I could!!
It averages about 6-7 inches per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my exact problem. My hair sprouted about an inch last month and I was thrilled! Now it seems that I'm only gonna get about 1/2 inch. But I'm not complaining. I've always been under the impression that my hair grew about 1 mm every 10 years:D It must have been breaking TREMENDOUSLY before I learned how to take care of it:(

BronzeBrown

Now that I've actually taken the time to measure it at the end of the month, I realize I've been waaay underestimating my growth. Depending on what section of my head I'm talking about, I get 0.5-0.75" a month. I don't take any vitamins or do anything particularly specialized except massage my scalp every night before bed.~

Ipanema

My hair normally grows from 0.5" to 0.75" a month, and this has been without the consumption of vitamins. I started taking vitamins regularly this September, though, to see if they'll increase my growth rate.

lunalight7

My new growth after 8 weeks seems like close to 2 inches but after a touch up, Im lucky if it's 3/4 inch longer. Go figure.

DDHair

I really don't know how much new growth I am getting anymore, because it is so hard for me to tell since I keep my hair up or under something and because I am growing natural I don't keep up with the inches as much, it's kind of hard for me since I still have permed ends. But in all honesty, I think I am getting anywhere from 1/2-1 inch per month this is based on ocassional stretching of hair strands and the previous lengths versus the current lengths. I have a strand of gray hair in the very front of my hair that came up toward the end of August, that hair is now a little over an inch long.

YuNg

seems like 1.5 if i drink alot of water and take my vitamins but it doesnt retain length. It's still thin and flaky also. So my growth rate aint the problem

amy1234

I think mines ranges from 1/4 -1/2 inch per month... that means that I'm gaining 1mm every 4-8 days (depending on growth rate) talk about obsessed!