Do you know your hair monthly growth rate?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:
For ppl taking vitamins does that include the growth with the vitamins?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what my rate is with the vitamins. I did recently notice a growth surge of about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in about 9 days!

localhost

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what my rate is with the vitamins. I did recently notice a growth surge of about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in about 9 days!

[/ QUOTE ]
Dang girl!
impressive! I want a growth spurt...

localhost

On vitamins - 1/2 to 3/4. Off vitamins - 1/4 - 1/2. I've been on vitamins consistently for about a year now and it took me a good 6 months before I realized any benefit in hair growth (my skin and nails improved tremendously after about the first 3 months).

i12sitonmyhair

Chero-Khoi American
I don't know what my rate is because I just started measuring my hair a month ago. I do know that this spring, my hair was about the same length as Ludacris' hair is in Sweetpea's signature. I flat-ironed it this weekend and surprised myself. I couldn't get it bone-straight, but when I kept my head straight and pulled the back of my hair down to it's full length, it was about an inch (or so) above my bra-strap. When i measured some strands from the root to the tip, I noticed that some are now 12" long. I've been taking MSM, Biotin, fish oil, and a multivitamin for the past month (along with lots of water).

I cut all of my hair off four years ago (down to about 1/2 an inch), but I was extremely stressed and didn't take good care of myself during most of that time. I'm sure that might have had some affect on my hair growth. Since this Spring, I've been virtually stress-free and now I'm taking better care of myself and added vitamins (since coming to this board) so it's all good from here on out! I'm expecting my hair to grow by leaps and bounds!!

Height

About 1/2 inch a month. I use protective styles like sewn-in weaves or cornrows. After about 4 weeks I can pinch my thumb and index finger under my braids.

Edie

I got only 1 inch last month. I don't know what happened. I have gotten anywhere from 1.5 to 2 inches of growth some months.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
diamondchair3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dang girl!
impressive! I want a growth spurt...

[/ QUOTE ]
I had stopped measuring my hair but this growth spurt made me pull out my tape to make sure I wasn't seeing things! I am still in awe!

Serei

[ QUOTE ]
it depends. When I wear braids I get 1/2-1 inch.Other than that I get 1/4 inch a month

[/ QUOTE ]
How does braids speed up your monthly hair growth rate? Are you sure you just don't notice your hair growing that fast until you have braids?

jemini

[ QUOTE ]
Serei said:
[ QUOTE ]
it depends. When I wear braids I get 1/2-1 inch.Other than that I get 1/4 inch a month

[/ QUOTE ]
How does braids speed up your monthly hair growth rate? Are you sure you just don't notice your hair growing that fast until you have braids?

[/ QUOTE ]

I notice my hair growing with or without braids.It's just I get more growth when I have braids because I'm not manipulating my hair.

honeycomb719

WOW!! Sounds like most of you are getting some nice growth per month. 1/2 to 3/4 and inch would me a dream come true for me.
Oh Well, all I can do is work w/ what I do get. Vitamins dont do to much for I dont think. Although I havent took them in close to 2 months, but my nails grow like weeds.........

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I get 1/2 to 3/4 inches a month. I get about 8 inches in a year. Man my sister's hair grows even faster. She will get about 10 inches in a year. She's constantly cutting her hair....then it's back again. I feel it's genetics.