Does anyone else have this hairline issue?

Bublin

For forever i've had issues with my hairline being fuzzy and short. I've always presumed i had breakage that i just couldn't control no matter what i did.

Whether i'm natural or relaxed i need a whole lot of gel to make my hair look sleek but after a few hours i just look un-polished with a fuzzy halo. This makes blending my half wigs so difficult.

I'm 13 months into my transition and i can see that the front portion of my hair grows really slowly but i took a real close look.....

i pulled all myhair back and pulled just the very first like 2mm of hair down from the hairline.....that is the part that is short and is giving me a halo - its like ugly baby hair that doesn't lay down, just sticks straight out.

Does anyone else have a hairline like this?

kim72

I have hair just like this whether I'm natural or relaxed. I too have to use lots of gel to smooth my edges. I just resigned myself to the fact that this is the texture of my hairline. I am 16 months into my transition.

Bublin

Well at least i'm not the only one and i know its pointless trying to 'fix' it.

What styles are you doing to disguise it?
I'm thinking i'll just have to wear a fringe (bang) but i'm going natural........how the heck does that work unless i permanently wear my hair straight - maybe i should have stayed relaxed as it wasn't so obvious then. I dunno.

curlyninjagirl

I have the same issue. My "halo" came from wearing micro braids for waaaaaaaaaay too long. How can I fix this, I wondered. Then a light bulb went off. :scratchch When's the last time I trimmed this area?? A year ago? Never?

Experiment time! So yesterday, I gave the short hairs a trim (almost cutting them down to half their original length). And I'm also going to refrain from rubbing those areas when I wash my hair and, of course, avoid styles that cause tension.

If it's really true that getting rid of damaged ends helps hair retain length again, then I should see some growth. If this doesn't work, we got bigger problems than damaged ends. Like, maybe I stunted those hairs' growth somehow (If that's possible...I hope not though.)

I will report back, if I see any progress. :crossfingers:

Last edited: