Does anyone else have trouble swallowing hair pills?

sunshyne_krissy

I have been trying to find a daily hair supplement/vitamin in liquid form but all the ones I have tried are DISCUSTING, NASY, GROSS, YUCK, GAG!!!!! I have had a seriously bad encounter with swallowing pills with Advil liqui-gel caps. I used to pop them like candy for menstral cramps but one day my cramps were so bad that anytime I tried to swallow the pill, i would gag and many times vomit. SOOO thats why I have a hard time swallowing any kind of pill for any reason. MAYBE its all in my head but nevertheless.....
Can anyone give me some hair vitamin products that are in liquid or chewable form that doesn't taste like boo-boo rocks? Im dead serious! Maybe even if it was pill form but extra extra small... Im just sick of it tasting so nasty and waisting my money on liquid vitamins that I can't use long enough to see their results.

I think maybe I will have to resort to Centrum chewables and/or children's Flinstone chewables but just up the dosage...lol

cutiebe2

Hey!
Before coming on this board I had never swallowed a pill in my life. I just could never do it. But when I came on the voard and heard about all these suppliments I knew I had to learn unless I would have to crush and chew all these nasty tasting pills.
What I do now is swallow them with food..and not just something like applesauce. I take them with dinner when I have some strong food like meat. I eat them with soemthing too thin, then I can feel the pill and it won't go down. Having a bunch of food in my mouth kinda tricks my braid.
It works for me so maybe it will work for you..ITS ALL in your head so there is some way you can overcome this!
HTH!!!!!

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I don't have a problem swallowing any pills but my centrum because they are nasty. I would suggest do what I do, put the liquid in your mouth first, throw the pills in a swallow like you would swallow food. Don't give your mouth/tongue time to find the pills swallow immediately.

Peachtree

When I can remember, I'll take Flintstone "tablet" Chewables & Flintstone "Gummy" Chewables... they're for overall health.

(( I also have a very difficult time swallowing pills... that's why I'm never consistent on tablet vits...))

sunshyne_krissy

Peachtree said:
When I can remember, I'll take Flintstone "tablet" Chewables & Flintstone "Gummy" Chewables... they're for overall health.

(( I also have a very difficult time swallowing pills... that's why I'm never consistent on tablet vits...))

your hair is gorgeous! by the way, when you took those chewables did you take like 4 or more since they are kids dosages or what?

Tee

1QTPie said:
I don't have a problem swallowing any pills but my centrum because they are nasty. I would suggest do what I do, put the liquid in your mouth first, throw the pills in a swallow like you would swallow food. Don't give your mouth/tongue time to find the pills swallow immediately.

I found this method on here. I hate I can't remeber who posted so I can say thanks..............anyway, this is how I take mine and it works like a charm. I hate taking pills and I take about 10 a day.

sareca

Letitia said:
I found this method on here. I hate I can't remeber who posted so I can say thanks..............anyway, this is how I take mine and it works like a charm. I hate taking pills and I take about 10 a day.

ITA. I only learned to swallow pills in the last 2-3 years and I'm still not comfortable doing it. I used to chew them, dissolve them in milk, or cut them into small pieces and insert them in something I liked to eat. Now I take about 7 horse sized pills/day. :ohwell: The trick is to place the pill onthe back of the tongue. Add enough water to be unsure of where the pill is and focus on just swallowing the water. Also make sure you leave your throat open long enough to let the pill pass as you tilt your head back. You can do it. It'll just take a little practice. Start small.

Last edited:

Blackbird77

sunshyne_krissy said:
I have been trying to find a daily hair supplement/vitamin in liquid form but all the ones I have tried are DISCUSTING, NASY, GROSS, YUCK, GAG!!!!! I have had a seriously bad encounter with swallowing pills with Advil liqui-gel caps. I used to pop them like candy for menstral cramps but one day my cramps were so bad that anytime I tried to swallow the pill, i would gag and many times vomit. SOOO thats why I have a hard time swallowing any kind of pill for any reason. MAYBE its all in my head but nevertheless.....
Can anyone give me some hair vitamin products that are in liquid or chewable form that doesn't taste like boo-boo rocks? Im dead serious! Maybe even if it was pill form but extra extra small... Im just sick of it tasting so nasty and waisting my money on liquid vitamins that I can't use long enough to see their results.

I think maybe I will have to resort to Centrum chewables and/or children's Flinstone chewables but just up the dosage...lol

I take a liquid supplement called Body Balance. It comes in a 32 quart bottle and tastes like black cherry. It's kinda on the expensive side but it contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. harvested from the sea. It contains almost every vitamin known to man. :lol: I've been taking it for almost a year because I've never been able to swallow any kind of pill and besides, the body absorbs liquid vitamins better than in pill form. Go to pillfreevitamins.com. It's made by a company called Lifeforce International.

HTH:)

Jay

I hate swallowing pills. I just started taking GNC's Ultra Nourish and they are so0o0o big! I cut them up into three small pieces but I feel like I'm losing some of the content because alot of the white powdery stuff ends up all over my counter. I wish I could just put it in my mouth with food but the thought of knowing that huge thing is going down my throat makes me hurt!

cutiebe2

Blackbird77 said:
I take a liquid supplement called Body Balance. It comes in a 32 quart bottle and tastes like black cherry. It's kinda on the expensive side but it contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. harvested from the sea. It contains almost every vitamin known to man. :lol: I've been taking it for almost a year because I've never been able to swallow any kind of pill and besides, the body absorbs liquid vitamins better than in pill form. Go to pillfreevitamins.com. It's made by a company called Lifeforce International.

Hey, what benefits did you see from using this as aposed to normal vits. If I can find a good liquid multi that would be great for me. Any feedback on them would be great.

Blackbird77

cutiebe2 said:
Hey, what benefits did you see from using this as aposed to normal vits. If I can find a good liquid multi that would be great for me. Any feedback on them would be great.

cutiebe2,

I started taking this supplement to get more energy. But since last December I've been getting compliments about the length of my hair. I've always had shoulder length hair and no longer than that. It's between armpit and bra strap length now. I don't feel as tired as I used to be. Another liquid vitamin is on the market by Centrum. The last I checked it was $8.99 for a bottle and that was online. I haven't tried it so I don't know how it tastes. I've been taking care of my hair ends everyday too, so it's probably a combination of the supplement and preventative hair maintenance.

HTH

sunshyne_krissy

Blackbird77 said:

Thanks Blackbird,
I feel bad asking this but is that black cherry flavor more on the nasty tasting side or the good tasting side. I had taken a multivitamin before and it said that it would taste like "wild cherry"......... on the contrary!!! It tasted like earwax and chalk with a moldy cherry on the inside as some nuget. I have waisted so much money trying to find a good tasting multivitamin in liquid form.