DOES EVERYONE HERE AIRDRY THEIR HAIR???

brwnskingirl

I airdry in a slick back ponytail which have done wonders to my hair...I never thought that I could give up on curling irons, flat irons and blowdryers. I stopped cold turkey.

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I airdry all the time in the summer, and 50% of the time in the cold months. (I wash weekly and alternate with roller-setting) This routine has been working out great for me

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your routine, I saw you mention it on another thread before. I think I'll start the same one of alternating the rollersetting with the air drying each week.

Lengthwanted

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Tee,

That's the same order that I apply stuff to my hair (leave-in, moisturize, serum). It does work good with a silk scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee,
How do you style your hair while you are airdrying? (i.e., ponytail tied with a scarf?)

I wear mines in a bun and my ends are frizzy .. so I was just wondering.

thanks

Isis

I love airdrying my hair! When I blowdried, I always had hair in the sink and on the floor. But now, my shedding is minimal and I love the way my hair feels and looks after airdrying. I'm still learning the tricks but what works for me is either airdrying in a bun or in ponytail rollersets for a smoother look. Wearing the rollersets overnight dry my hair faster than when in a bun.

offthechainliz

thanks for all the replies guys. I've also been air drying like I said but I guess because I was raised with all the misconceptions about washing hair and leaving hair wet is "bad" for hair it still gives me doubts. but I know I see noticeable results like more moisturized hair. even though I have shedding I had a lot more before. besides no shedding is pretty much impossible right?

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
Lengthwanted said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Tee,

That's the same order that I apply stuff to my hair (leave-in, moisturize, serum). It does work good with a silk scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee,
How do you style your hair while you are airdrying? (i.e., ponytail tied with a scarf?)

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I put it in a loose ponytail until it's semi-dry, then I make 2 two-stranded cornrows, or do the two-sided wrap. I leave it to dry some more and finally put on my scarf right before going to bed.

Do you do hot oil treatments? I find that regular hot oil treatments with Avocado or Olive Oil really help to elminate frizzy ends. HTH!

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Lengthwanted said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Tee,

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee,

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Roller-setting, large magnetic rollers, eliminate frizzy ends also and make all of the hair nice and smooth.

daviine

I have to try that someday!!

I've been airdrying my hair now for YEARS but now I'm gonna try to go a few months rollersetting.

cary

Airdrying really was a foreign concept until I came to this forum. I've been getting weekly rollersets under a hood dryer for at least the last two years and for some time before that I'd get them biweekly. I have airdried my hair twice since joining LHCF, but have resumed my weekly rollersets b/c my hair comes out much straighter, much smoother. Also, I found that combing my hair after airdrying resulted in much more hair coming out than combing after a rollerset.

Still, I'm somewhat "intrigued" by the thought of airdrying. My stylist is going to Ethiopia in January and will be gone for about four weeks. I may give airdrying another shot during one of those weeks, but truthfully, I'm very happy w/the hood dryer or at least the results of the hood dryer.

Isis

Cary - Airdrying was a foreign concept to me too until I came to the hair boards a few months ago. I learned from this board not to comb my hair after I airdry it. And so I haven't since July of this year. I only comb it with a wide-toothed seamless comb under the shower when rinsing out my conditioner to detangle it, and after I put in my leave-in. So I'm only combing wet hair. I have just the normal amount of shedding.
I like airdrying because I can really tell the difference in my hair versus blowdrying. My hair is always moisturized, soft and very thick. I also love the pretty waves I get when I airdry it in a bun as well as the smooth straightness I get when I airdry it on large magnetic rollers.

Valerie

I airdry my hair most of the time, I comb my hair in whatever style when it is wet, by the time, I'm finished it is damp and I just leave it.