Does Jet Black Hair Look Good On You?

FemmeFatale

Way back in the day I used to rinse my hair jet black and wear jet black, #1 weaves :giggle: and now I just think it would look harsh on me. My natural hair is off black and dark brown.

ChristmasCarol

Put in a Black rinse once and it looked TURRIBLE! I looked very pale and witchy.

My hair was sandy/red as a child. Still reddish, but darker. My eyes and eyebrows are medium brown, too, so that didn't help matters.

Maybe I have the wrong undertones for Black hair. I love Jet Black hair on other people, though.

PJaye

Absolutely. It's preferable to these silver-colored intruders that are invading my hairline.:lol:

Dposh167

in my mind it looks good. But in person...no. In pictures it was too much of a contrast and it made me look very harsh in the face. I stopped getting dark rinses because of that

BonBon

Cool undertones look better with black hair.

I have warm and I have to be careful with black clothes and Jet black hair.

ETA: My real hair is off black and very dark brown also.

Last edited:

RoundEyedGirl504

Nope, I dyed my hair black one time and people kept asking me if I was sick. My natural color is a dark brown, which looks fine. But black doesn't do anything for me.

niknakmac

I love a blue black rinse! For some reason this always looks nicer than just straight black. I think straight black usually ends up looking too flat/harsh.

pink_flower

I did it in college and my mom had a fit :lol:

My dad didn't think it was too bad. I thought it would be okay since I have really dark eyebrows.

Maynard

No...I look like a cold witch with dark hair.

Most of the women in my family keep their hair light brown or honey blonde ala Beyonce. My granny been rocking the platinum blonde since the 50's

nubiangoddess3

Yes, my natural hair is jet black. I always get compliments on my hair color, and what rinse or dye I use. I say it's natural and ppl are always shocked.

Is having natural jet black hair rare for black ppl. I know most Africans (like my sisters) have that ashy off black or brown hair color.

LiftedUp

Have no idea, never tried it. My hairdresser's policy is to use a very dark brown dye. She doesn't use black unless in the rare case it is your hair colour. She says it's harsh.

lux10023

no i hate that jet blk look on me hate-----the #1 hair color seems pretty popular

very few ppl carry it off well...
my natural hair color is a dark brown...

LBoogie85

My natural hair is off black. I dyed it jet black once and I loved it and received lots of compliments. I just dyed one of my wigs jet black and it looks terrible. It makes me look like Morticia Adams or a witch or something lol. I had to get rid of it.

Seraphina

I wish. I loooooove black hair. Years ago I approached me stylist about it and he wouldn't even discuss it. He said, "Come to if you want to discuss highlights, but I won't help you go darker. Brown hair for you." :lol:

I have too much yellow in my skin, it would make me look sickly.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
my natural jet black hair looks great or with braid/twist extensions. jet black wigs on the other hand do not.

My natural hair is off black. I dyed it jet black once and I loved it and received lots of compliments. I just dyed one of my wigs jet black and it looks terrible. It makes me look like Morticia Adams or a witch or something lol. I had to get rid of it.

yep! i looked a mess with my jet black wig.:lol:

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Jet black hair looks bad on me. My natural color is a deep, dark brown/red. It suits me much better. I use henna regularly and it enhances my natural color.

Country gal

I am debating dyeing my hair weave jet black. My natural hair is like 1b. I have chocolate skin. My cousins with similar color want me to rock jet black or blue black. I'm scared. I paid too much money to dye it the wrong color. I remember trying on a black wig and it made me look like a witch. I think the color of my hair in my siggy is black.

Last edited:

greenandchic

I love black hair but it doesn't look that great on me. I used to dye it blue/black but stopped a few years ago.

barbiesocialite

With exception to brief mid-teen years when I have been blond, highlighted, ombred and everything in between my hair has always been dyed jet black. Dyed black consistently with bigen for about a decade. It looks good on me.

However, lately I'm considering going the way of an immature color like blue :look:....

Jasmataz

Yes, I'd always get compliments when my hair was dyed jet black. I plan on going back to it after I reach my next length goal.