Doh! My Crown Isn't as Retarded as I Thought....

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
For the entire time I've been on LHCF I've NEVER measured the length of my hair even though I've seen many women do it. :look: I only took pictures to compare growth. I'm SL and growing out layers. What surprised me, even though I knew I had layers, and seems like common sense is that my hair is almost the EXACT same length all around (front, crown, back/sides). Turns out my crown measures 7 inches and that's 1/2 longer than everywhere else!!

I always thought the back of my hair grew the fastest and the crown was the shortest. But of course the hair on the top of your head starts from higher up so we know it's gonna LOOK shorter but I just never thought about it being the SAME length as the rest.

Of course for the crown to catch up to the rest of the hair I'll have to trim the rest to let it catch up.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who just realized my hair is growing in evenly after all. :blush:

curlyninjagirl

LOL. The title of your post is funny. :lachen:

I too thought my crown was retarded but was corrected upon measuring.

We're just about the same length. HHG. :sunshine:

ms.blue

I have also realize my crown is longer then the rest of my hair but also thinner/finer then the rest of my hair.

frizzy

:giggle:

I'm glad that's all it turned out to be for you, some of us DO have truly retarded crowns that break off, stay dry and look different from the rest of our hair. I finally got mine under control.

LynnieB

You could always cut to even it but honestly, unless your hair's in a style requiring that sort of maintenance to look good ~or~ you are going for full blunt effect before you reach your hair goals, don't sweat it - you can always even it all out AFTER it reaches the length you want.

But yea - that's natural layers all day, everyday. :yep:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
You could always cut to even it but honestly, unless your hair's in a style requiring that sort of maintenance to look good ~or~ you are going for full blunt effect before you reach your hair goals, don't sweat it - you can always even it all out AFTER it reaches the length you want.

But yea - that's natural layers all day, everyday. :yep:

Wow! Look at all of that beautiful hair you have!!

As far as evening it out, I'll leave it alone and gradually trim it when I reach my goal.

Thanks!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
:giggle:

I'm glad that's all it turned out to be for you, some of us DO have truly retarded crowns that break off, stay dry and look different from the rest of our hair. I finally got mine under control.

Thanks! I can believe that because my crown is still the coursest of the textures though. Glad you got yours under control. Your siggie pig looks like it's all a nice and even length and nice and full.