DREAD LIKE TANGLES WITH APHOGEE

nafissa

Hey yall i'm a newbie in dire new of help. I 've been experiencing some breakage for a while now which i think is due to color abuse. So last week a tried aphogee 2 min recons followed by the balancing moisturizer and a cheapie. The next day i noticed a couple of dreads on my hair :wallbash:. So i DCed with ors pack and detangled but lost a ton of hair.

Yesterday i used aphogee 2 min recons followed by the balancing moisturizer and DCed with HSR and noticed the same thing. I concluded that it's aphogee that's dreading me up since my hair doesn't really tangle.
The breakage is better but i don't think it's worth it.

Can anyone please offer some advise.

Noir

I am so done with aphogee. I did the 2 step treatment yesterday and I am exp the same thing! WTF. I am not feeling this new version.

MochaEyeCandy

I'm sorry this happened to you. I wish I could be of some help but I've used the 2 minute reconstructor multiple times, and I've never had that problem. Actually quite the opposite, it gave me major slip and not a tangle in sight. When are you detangling your hair?

nafissa

The first time i detangled with the DC on my hair but yesterday i knew better so i did it when my hair was dry and i lost less hair.

Noir i have the 2 step too but i am sooo afraid to use it.

chebaby

wow the 2 minute has never done that to me. i love it. sorry that happened to you. to me aussie 3 minute reconstructor is the same thing, try that. or try hairveda's moist condition pro.

nafissa

wow the 2 minute has never done that to me. i love it. sorry that happened to you. to me aussie 3 minute reconstructor is the same thing, try that. or try hairveda's moist condition pro.

thanks i like it too cause the breakage is better but i have to rip the hair to detangle and that's a big no no. How do you use it?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Colored hair needs lots of moisture, not protein. Dc with AO HSR twice a week for the next month. It'll be okay :hug:

doublejo

I used the 2 minute reconstuctor yesterday and I did not get any bad tangles. I would not use it two weeks in a row. I detangled while in the shower...Are you detangling while dry?

ChanelNo5

YES! YES! AND YES!

I had a horrendous episode with the 2 minute reconstructor. It was unlike anything I had EVER experienced on my hair. My entire head literally turned to dread locks, it took me three hours and an entire bottle of olive oil to detangle. At first I thought it was just because I had just come out of braids and didn't detangle properly, but no I tried again on a regular wash day and dreads (although not as intense) were back. I have NEVER lost so much hair.

I threw it in the trash.

nafissa

Tiffers thanks i'll try that besides i'm using MT.

Doublejo i tried on wet and dry hair and i think that dry works better for me. My ends are weak.

I had a horrendous episode with the 2 minute reconstructor. It was unlike anything I had EVER experienced on my hair. My entire head literally turned to dread locks, it took me three hours and an entire bottle of olive oil to detangle. At first I thought it was just because I had just come out of braids and didn't detangle properly, but no I tried again on a regular wash day and dreads (although not as intense) were back. I have NEVER lost so much hair.

I threw it in the trash.[/quote]

i was thinking i did something wrong. Now i guess it's just not for me.

Irresistible

Doublejo i tried on wet and dry hair and i think that dry works better for me. My ends are weak.

i was thinking i did something wrong. Now i guess it's just not for me.
I think MT/OCT users follow a strict non protein regimen (Besides the MT)?

Be careful using ANY protein while using those products

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
YES! YES! AND YES!

I threw it in the trash.
You could have sold that stuff on here, you know some of us ladies love that stuff.

HappyHairDreams

Hey yall i'm a newbie in dire new of help. I 've been experiencing some breakage for a while now which i think is due to color abuse. So last week a tried aphogee 2 min recons followed by the balancing moisturizer and a cheapie. The next day i noticed a couple of dreads on my hair :wallbash:. So i DCed with ors pack and detangled but lost a ton of hair.

Yesterday i used aphogee 2 min recons followed by the balancing moisturizer and DCed with HSR and noticed the same thing. I concluded that it's aphogee that's dreading me up since my hair doesn't really tangle.
The breakage is better but i don't think it's worth it.

Can anyone please offer some advise.

You may want to try a light detangling before washing and possibly washing with your hair in braids or pony tails in order to keep things separated

nafissa

I think MT/OCT users follow a strict non protein regimen (Besides the MT)?

Be careful using ANY protein while using those products

Sorry for staring at your hair. If there was a Irristible hair staring competition i would take the trophy. :yep:

thanks i ill just stick with AO HSR and see.

Kurlee

yea, the new aphogee sucks! everytime i like a product they change the formula and it sucks after that

PatTodd

I had a horrendous episode with the 2 minute reconstructor. It was unlike anything I had EVER experienced on my hair. My entire head literally turned to dread locks.

This happened to me too!!! It was about 2 years ago. It happened because I didn't get all the shed hair out before using it, and I left it in too long. I was in tears. I had to cut a couple of chunks out. It took my hair months to recover. I will NEVA play around with Aphogee again - I still use it (the n2 minute only) , but I follow the instructions strictly.

BKVincy

I threw it in the trash.

That EXACT same thing happend to me after taking my hair out in braids
when not in braids and detangled its fine

i was thinking i did something wrong. Now i guess it's just not for me.[/quote]

taj

Sorry, I can't offer you any advice. I have the same problem anytime I use a hard protein treatment, especially if I'm stretching. Once I had a 3 day detangling experience, it was horrific.:wallbash: It was my sister that saved my hair because I was tempted to cut it off.

nafissa

Sorry, I can't offer you any advice. I have the same problem anytime I use a hard protein treatment, especially if I'm stretching. Once I had a 3 day detangling experience, it was horrific.:wallbash: It was my sister that saved my hair because I was tempted to cut it off.

The 1st time it happened i was detangling like a mad woman but the 2nd time i knew better. I am somewhat glad it happened early on though cause if i waited until i got long gorgeous hair i would certainly :pullhair:. It also taught me to control my pjism. What works some might not work for others.

The Princess

Wow I have used it twice and haven't had that experience. Also I don't leave it on no longer than 5 minutes with a shower cap then immediately DC with a moisturizing deep conditioner. Then follow with a leave in moisturizing conditioner.

anon123

I got terrible tangles using the hardcore aphogee. Scary. I gave it away. Probably best to go with Tiffers' advice for now.