Dudley Relaxer

Armyqt

Does anyone have any experiences with Dudley Relaxers. If so, please post your results here. Good, bad, or indifferent. I've always heard good things about Dudley's but don't have too many reviews on their relaxers. I'm considering using this next time. TIA

Allandra

One of my past stylists used this on my hair a long time ago. IMO, it's a harsh relaxer. Like blaxalrose said, it WILL get your hair straight though.

Armyqt

Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to get my hair bone straight. I think I'll pass on this one

Islandgirl

that's funny, because i spoke to my stylist yesterday after loving the results of the hair builder. he was taught at a dudley's school. he said he didn't like their shampoos, they are way too harsh, he said he would only recommend them for people with fine hair (due to the problem of buildup) to cleanse the hair. He didn't reallly like the relaxer either, because he said there were too many conditioners in the relaxer so it doesn't break down the hair properly for the straightening process.

I'm not planning on trying this relaxer because i like to stick with the same relaxer (no relaxer hopping for me, that caused too many problems), but i thought i could post my review from someone who went to a dudley school and also to give a different view from what was posted by the ladies here. also, i think sherrylove uses this relaxer, i would pm her too to ask about her results. good luck with everything.

sunny

I love dudleys relaxer, I use regular and it straightens beautifully and my hair is shiny afterwards. To me this relaxer isnt that harsh on my scalp but it really does staighten your hair out.

caress

When I got my relaxer in August and my touch-up a few weeks ago it was with Dudley's. I will say that my hair is very straight though I do have some elasticity left. I wouldn't say my hair is extra dry. I use good shampoos and conditioners. *shrug*

cutebajangirl

apparently Dudley's used to make a really harsh relaxer (according to my old stylist), and around 2001 they changed it and made it more conditioning. She (my hairdresser) didn't beleive the sales guy when he cam around with it and so didn't buy it. But I picked it up and bought it too her and she said after using it on me that it has been improved and that she likes it. I have used it in Mild lye formulation and I left it to go to Fiberguard mild. I will be going back to it for the following reasons:
1.I have very hard to break down hair and the Fiberguard mild only texturizes for and that is not what I am going for.
2.The mild got my hair straight and left it with a lot of body.
3.Each strand was the same diameter through out when I used it.
All in all I really liked it and experience no shedding/breakage what so ever when I used it.

sithembile

I used Dudley's regular consistently for almost 2 years, the only reason I switched was because there is none in England. I have resistant 4b hair, and Dudley's got the job done. I've been using various strenghts of Affirm since then, but now I've got some underprocessed hair from using their regular formula, and even Affirm fibreguard resistant formula doesn't do the job. I think that if your scalp is sensitive and your hair is fine, you should go for Dudley's mild.

northernbelle

I wore a Dudley's relaxer from 1990 to 1996. It was great. The only reason I stopped was because I relocated to another state, and the stylist did not use Dudley's.

northernbelle

Armyqt

Sithembile, I'm not looking for anything to get my hair bone straight but not underprocessed either. Affirm regular underprocessed my hair and so did Motions. I've since been using Revlon Realistic, which does a good job, but seems a bit too strong. My hair is fine, but I have a lot of strands. Actually ever since I switched to lye relaxers, my hair is harder to break down. Used to be a no-lye would mild break my hair down on contact. Figuring this all out is so daggone nerve wrecking

Islandgirl

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
apparently Dudley's used to make a really harsh relaxer (according to my old stylist), and around 2001 they changed it and made it more conditioning. She (my hairdresser) didn't beleive the sales guy when he cam around with it and so didn't buy it. But I picked it up and bought it too her and she said after using it on me that it has been improved and that she likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

these conditioning properties is exactly what my stylist spoke about yesterday.

sithembile

Armyqt,
I also used Revlon realistic for years and it was quite strong, Dudley's gets your hair that straight but I don't find it as harsh.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
Armyqt,
I also used Revlon realistic for years and it was quite strong, Dudley's gets your hair that straight but I don't find it as harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks