Easy way to consume more vitamins

Brownie

Hello everyone. I picked up some Brown Sugar & Oat TOTAL cereal the other day. It has a lot of vitamins and minerals. See below:

Total cereal: with skim milk (most of the vits come from the cereal alone):

--calories 150
---carbs---23g
---potassium--80mg
--protein---2g

% of daily value
--vitamin A-----15%
---vitamin C-----100%
--calcium------110%
---iron---------100%
---vitamin D-----25%
---vitamin E-----100%
---thiamin----100%
---riboflavin---110%
---niacin---100%
---b6------100%
---folic acid-----100%
---B12---110%
----pantothenic acid/B5---100%
---phosphorus----15%
----magnesium----8%
---Zinc----100%
---copper---2%

All that, and it tastes good also. Well, the brown sugar and oat kind does. I'm not sure about the regular kind. Anyway, for those who eat cereal, this might be a good way to start the day. I'm not a big cereal eater, but this is an easy way to consume more vitamins.

MissJ

Good idea. Thanks. Hmm... I bought some Incredible Hulk cereal today. Let's see what kind of vitamins it has...

Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 15%
Iron 10%
Vitamin D 25%
Thiamin 30%
Riboflavin 35%
Niacin 25%
Vitamin B6 25%
Folic Acid 25%
Vitamin B12 35%
Zinc 15%

Plus it has marshmellows in it!

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
Good idea. Thanks. Hmm... I bought some Incredible Hulk cereal today. Let's see what kind of vitamins it has...

Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 15%
Iron 10%
Vitamin D 25%
Thiamin 30%
Riboflavin 35%
Niacin 25%
Vitamin B6 25%
Folic Acid 25%
Vitamin B12 35%
Zinc 15%

Plus it has marshmellows in it!

[/ QUOTE ]

MArshmellows????I'm sold!

Peachtree

Funny, but I've never thought of that!!! I eat cereal everyday (Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Honey Bunches Of Oats, Raisin Bran)...not cuz it's good for me... cuz I just like to snack on them while dry. I don't drink milk, so If I want them "wet", I'll add a bit of orange juice

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Brownie, sounds good, what's the sugar intake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 9-grms of sugar, which is good considering some cereals are loaded. And only 0.5 grams of fat. All those numbers are for 3/4 of a cup.

Peachtree,
orange juice on cereal? Your replies are always good for laughs

soaries

Thanks, Brownie! I will have to give that a try. I usually eat Raisin Bran Crunch, it's good but has more sugar than I need. What I usually do is add 1 cup of Fibre One to my Raisin Bran, and that ups my fiber content.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Brownie! I will have to give that a try. I usually eat Raisin Bran Crunch, it's good but has more sugar than I need. What I usually do is add 1 cup of Fibre One to my Raisin Bran, and that ups my fiber content.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like Raisin bran also. I've been meaning to try fibre one.

Cleo

You guys may also want to try Kashi Good Friends Cinnamon Raisin Crunch. It taste pretty good (I usually mix it with Raisin Bran to add more flakes and raisins) and has lots of vitamins as well as 10 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Cleo,

I tried the Kashi Good Friends cereal and I love the way it tastes with milk or without. When I get some next time, I'll make a mix with raw almonds, blueberries and soy nuts. I don't eat raisins like I used to, though. Toodles.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Hey, Brownie,

That's a great alternative for people who can't swallow vitamin pills. I'm thinking about getting some perhaps this weekend. Just need to keep the cereal out of people's reach, though. Toodles.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Brownie,

That's a great alternative for people who can't swallow vitamin pills. I'm thinking about getting some perhaps this weekend. Just need to keep the cereal out of people's reach, though. Toodles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Babycurls,
You won't be disappointed. Hey, give us YOUR review after you try it!