Emu Oil = NASTYYY smell???

thinkpinkprincess

I had ordered sometime last year some natural products in which emu oil was a foundational ingredient. I suppose I shouldn't reveal the name of the product company since the owner might be a member on this forum.... but anyway the package cost over $100 including shipping with 4 diff. products. It had some really good ingredients but it smelled sooooooooooo NASTY!!! Because of the emu oil! It smelled so bad that after a couple of washes I just threw everything away .... money gone down the drain :nono:
Anyway.... my question is where can I buy Emu oil that doesn't smell like nasty dead bird? lol because it is supposed to be really really good for hair growth but if I can't find some that doesn't have an odor... it's not going on my head lol

LOL!!!!:lachen:

I just purchase a small bottle of pure emu oil at the vitamin shoppe yesterday. It was security sealed so I couldn't open it to smell. Took it home and busted open the seal.......eewwwwww.......

Sorry to say, that stuff smells awful. However, I have absolutely NO intention of throwing away my hard-earned money. That tiny bottle was expsensive, close to $15.00 for a few ounces. I've read about the great benefits to hair that emu oil has in it. I think I read it on www.healthyhairjourney.com. She puts emu oil in here hair products.

So.....here's what I'm gonna do....When I finish buying all my natural butters/oils and get ready to mix up that wonderful "home-made" moisturizer....I'll be sure to add the emu oil in it.

(By the way, I also bought a bottle of TeaTree oil....good grief!!! That stuff smells, too.....:lachen:)

I had ordered sometime last year some natural products in which emu oil was a foundational ingredient. I suppose I shouldn't reveal the name of the product company since the owner might be a member on this forum.... but anyway the package cost over $100 including shipping with 4 diff. products. It had some really good ingredients but it smelled sooooooooooo NASTY!!! Because of the emu oil! It smelled so bad that after a couple of washes I just threw everything away .... money gone down the drain :nono:
Anyway.... my question is where can I buy Emu oil that doesn't smell like nasty dead bird? lol because it is supposed to be really really good for hair growth but if I can't find some that doesn't have an odor... it's not going on my head lol

Hi! If not properly stored, emu oil can go rancid...just like EVOO. It may have exceeded its shelf-life. Anyhoo, I saw emu oil in the Vitamin Shoppe recently.

HTH

It has a scent, but it's not something I'd ever throw my head back and gasp at. You all must have bad bottles.

Describe the smell. Mine smells a little like rubber.

My Emu oil is also 100% pure and refined. I have never smelled it. It is odorless. You may have gotten a bad bottle. Sorry you had that experience.

lol thank you for the replies! My products smelled like, dead animal... almost fishy... but worse. Even one of my friends commented... he was like ewwwwwww what's that smell??? he thought some food had gone bad in my room or something... it was really embarrassing.... lol

Back