Let's talk EMU.

melodee

Does anyone else use emu oil? I really like it in my hair. It is pricey, but I keeps it soft without feeling overly greasy/oily.

Does your emu oil stink? My last bottle had an odor to it that I didn't like. It smelled like emu meat/ or chicken. I had to spike the bottle with ylang ylang oil to kill the smell. Usually the smell is unnoticable. It's the same brand as before--Purple Emu. I just ordered some online froma new co. that is supposed to be odorless.

How do you use Emu oil? Anyone hear eat emu meat or oil for health reasons?

LaNecia

First time I used it for my hair I was in :love:

I don't use it too much because of the cost but it would be a keeper if it were cheaper! :up:

Mine doesn't have any scent at all. :confused:

HoneyDew

I used Purple Emu once and I think I got a bad batch. It did not seem to stink in the bottle, but after 2 days, my hair did stink. It was gross. I threw it out and will not buy that brand again for that reason. It also had little white things in it. Maybe mine was just bad.

dlewis

I love Emu Oil, I have used it for over a year and it work very well with my hair, skin and nails.

XXXtacy

OK. Let's talk.....

I bought a quart of emu oil solid and 1 oz of Certified Clear Emu Oil from LB Processors in December.

I dont know how I feel about it. The solid does not have a smell my hubby says it looks like lard. He likes it on his hair. My son uses it on his body and hair. He ran out of lotion so he uses this instead. He's not as ashy looking when he uses it.

I use it on my body after the bath and it keeps my skin so moist and supple. I also use it on the edges of my hair hopefully to thicken it but I haven't notice any difference in my hair. When I put it in my hair, I havent notice a major difference. BTW, I have a weave and only the front of my hair is out. I dont know if I am using too little to notice a difference or what.

I got a whole lot of Emu oil and wanted to see if I could incorporate it with my MTG or some other hair care mixture to see if I would notice a major difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Overall,
Hubby-- Hair :thumbsup: -skin :nono:
Son---- Hair :thumbsup: -skin :thumbsup:
Me----- Hair :perplexed ----skin :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MsCounsel

Hi, I use emu oil on my scalp and on my face as a moisturizer. I have ultra dry skin. It does smell. I get it from Longview Farms. It is very expensive but it's the only thing that works for more than 5 minutes.

Arcadian

I also buy though LB, but I get the Clear Emu oil. I've never used it on my hair though, just on my face after a peel.

I started getting the clear because sometimes unrefined can be a little funky, though I've never had any that smelled like chicken.:lol:

-A

MsCounsel

Arcadian said:
I also buy though LB, but I get the Clear Emu oil. I've never used it on my hair though, just on my face after a peel.

I started getting the clear because sometimes unrefined can be a little funky, though I've never had any that smelled like chicken.:lol:

-A

I know. I know. Between the emu on my face and the MTG. It's a wonder that my BF even touches me. :lachen:

melodee

Thanks for responding, ladies.

I ordered the solid from LB. I'm hoping to have good results. I don't think I'll see any miracles, but I expect to have moisturized hair and skin.

I've never tried the clear oil.

XXXtacy, I hope someone else will chime in to give you some suggestions for using the oil. My only suggestion is to use it as a pre-poo treatment.

HoneyDew, maybe it is Purple Emu that has the prob. Mine was prob a "bad" or stinky batch. It still worked, but it smelled like food.