Eqyss Review

Seeking8Rights

Okay, a while back I decided to try out a few product lines just to see if the claims were true. My first tryout was Eqyss and so I bought basically the entire horse mane line: Botanical Shampoo, Creme Rinse Conditioner, Detangler, Rehydrant Mist, Mega-Tek Rebuilder.

So, I have been using this stuff since 8/18/07. My first wash didn't go so well, I think I got too excited and used too much of the Rehydrant mist and my scalp was itchy. So, I had to wash with Aveda and keep it at that.

The following week, I decided to not give up and use the entire line again. It turned out better than the first, but of course still to early to notice any results.

Okay, so its the 8th of september and I have been using only the rebuilder and the Rehydrant at least once a week (sometimes 2) and I have noticed a HUGE change in my hair. I stopped using the other products only because I prefered my Aveda SI over the Eqyss Shampoo and conditioner. The detangler wasn't necessary because of my pre-poo regimen. So how is my hair now?

My new growth is crazy thick, like I have to relax soon. My hair has grown ALOT, as I have about 3 inches of new growth, which is crazy. My hair has also gained some thickness and I must say I stopped taking my a few of my hair supplements (MSM, Biotin, etc) just to make sure the thickness is due to the Eqyss Rebuilder. My hair has never been this thick and full, I mean my hair before was in between (not too thin, but not too thick), but this rebuilder has definately bulked up my hair to the point of shock!

BTW, since my last blow drying at the salon on 8/7/07, I've resumed with my usual little or no manipulation and actually stopped rollersetting, just only air drying flat. The rehydrant mist is good and actually keeps my hair moisturized for days until my next wash. When I pre-poo'd with my mango butter, I didn't have to moisturize throughout the week, but sometimes I don't add it with my other pre-poo stuff, so the rehydrant mist has been a good alternative.

So, If you want a good hair product that will increase the thickness and strength of your hair with a little growth, then Eqyss Mega-Tek rebuilder is your product.

Both the Rehydrant and Rebuilder are now staples.

tricie

Thanks for posting this, Keclee; I was wondering about the good ole horse products! :grin:

Thank you for the review. My question to you is do you contribute the growth to the products or are you also drinking the drank as well.

Seeking8Rights

Thank you for the review. My question to you is do you contribute the growth to the products or are you also drinking the drank as well.

I am still drinking the drink, but not as often as before. The Eqyss has to be the culprit, as I have noticed a difference in my hair than normal (the drink, other supplements, etc). The drink provided hair growth, thickness and less shedding (the drink is a good preventative maintenence regimen-long term benefits), but the Eqyss has done something different to my hair like made it thick with volume and again my new growth is outrageous, especially in such a short amount of time.

BrooklynSouth

The Rebuilder I rarely use it, seems to coat my hair to a dull roar but the Avocado Mist...I love it for quick moisture-long lasting too. Glad you have success with the products.

I am still drinking the drink, but not as often as before. The Eqyss has to be the culprit, as I have noticed a difference in my hair than normal (the drink, other supplements, etc). The drink provided hair growth, thickness and less shedding (the drink is a good preventative maintenence regimen-long term benefits), but the Eqyss has done something different to my hair like made it thick with volume and again my new growth is outrageous, especially in such a short amount of time.

Thanks Keclee23, i'm going to have find this Eqyss to give it a try.

Empress Yahudah

Yes i love my Eqyss products too :kissing4:

The Mega Tek is my staple i use it every week and it def. makes my hair fuller/thicker.. i haven't had a trim since April and today i did a search and destroy and only have about 6 mini slipts!!!!! :grin: I dont even need a trim...Im able to retain what I grow.
I use to use it by itself under the dryer for 20 min then dc with another conditioner for 30 min ..but im lazy now... I mix mine with other conditioners i love like ORS Replenishing,Aubreys Organics honey suckle rose and sometimes ill throw Miss Key SUPER 10 en 1 in there just for fun for an fabulous conditioner cocktail.:grouphug:

I have good growth but i take supplements too so i cant say it the megatek

I use the Premier Cream Rinse it detangles like nobodys buisness when i have alot of new growth..i also use Avcocado Mist for my more textured style, but i wanna try the Rehydrant Sray as well i hear it keeps the hair moisturized longer the the Avo. mist.

Im glad its workin so great for u Keclee23!! ur a Eqyss girl now

soonergirl

Thanks Keclee!!!!!:drunk: I was waiting on your review... Keep us posted.. Love reading your posts!!! Off to buy some eqyss and finally get the ingredients so I can "drank tha drank"!!!! :yep:

Seeking8Rights

Are you girls using the Megatek Rebuilder as a deep con? If not how are you using it?

I started out a chicken with the stuff because I didn't want to have any ill effects, so I just apply it for 5 or 10 minutes and rinse. The bottle actually says you can leave it on. I'm too scared to leave it on :ohwell:.

As far as a deep con, that word for me is like one of many because, you can say I DC 3 times in on wash sitting. DC is my it word...DC...DC....DC....DC....DC....

Seeking8Rights

Thanks Keclee!!!!!:drunk: I was waiting on your review... Keep us posted.. Love reading your posts!!! Off to buy some eqyss and finally get the ingredients so I can "drank tha drank"!!!! :yep:

Girl drank the drank! The recipe is in my fotki. Also, be creative add berries, bananas, apple juice, etc. I think I wil update the recipe with one of my favorite smoothie fruit mixtures. :yep:

Empress Yahudah

I started out a chicken with the stuff because I didn't want to have any ill effects, so I just apply it for 5 or 10 minutes and rinse. The bottle actually says you can leave it on. I'm too scared to leave it on :ohwell:.

As far as a deep con, that word for me is like one of many because, you can say I DC 3 times in on wash sitting. DC is my it word...DC...DC....DC....DC....DC....

Yeah it says u can leave it in as a leave in or daily i guess for added benefits but when tried it as a leave-in it made my hair stiff.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

I wanna drank the drank too!!!...... So, uh, what's the drank? :grin:

natieya

I recently bought a bunch of Eqyss products...but have only tried the Rehydrant. I love it. It has made my hair sooo soft! I am a PJ so I haven't tried the shine detangler, premier poo, and errr ummm, something else I bought. I can't remember. Anyway, I'm in love with the Rehydrant! :)

MidBackCrisis

Yes i love my Eqyss products too :kissing4:

The Mega Tek is my staple i use it every week and it def. makes my hair fuller/thicker.. i haven't had a trim since April and today i did a search and destroy and only have about 6 mini slipts!!!!! :grin: I dont even need a trim...Im able to retain what I grow.
I use to use it by itself under the dryer for 20 min then dc with another conditioner for 30 min ..but im lazy now... I mix mine with other conditioners i love like ORS Replenishing,Aubreys Organics honey suckle rose and sometimes ill throw Miss Key SUPER 10 en 1 in there just for fun for an fabulous conditioner cocktail.:grouphug:

I have good growth but i take supplements too so i cant say it the megatek

I use the Premier Cream Rinse it detangles like nobodys buisness when i have alot of new growth..i also use Avcocado Mist for my more textured style, but i wanna try the Rehydrant Sray as well i hear it keeps the hair moisturized longer the the Avo. mist.

Im glad its workin so great for u Keclee23!! ur a Eqyss girl now

I must first say that your hair is gorgeous. What is this stuff you speak of and where can I get it? Is it expensive. I will try anything that will make my hair longer and fuller. My hair is already thick but I dont mind it being a little thicker. Keep me posted.

JustKiya

I must first say that your hair is gorgeous. What is this stuff you speak of and where can I get it? Is it expensive. I will try anything that will make my hair longer and fuller. My hair is already thick but I dont mind it being a little thicker. Keep me posted.

We are actually doing a challenge for this right now - Ovation/MegaTek Challenge, I think it is - I just posted to it, so it should be on the front page, or so. :yep: Come on over and join us!

JustKiya

No one is still around who knows what the 'drank' was??? Mega-Tek is doing it's magic on my head already, so I'd LOVE to add to it..... :look:

RZILYNT

No one is still around who knows what the 'drank' was??? Mega-Tek is doing it's magic on my head already, so I'd LOVE to add to it..... :look:

Kyia, I found the recipe in her Fotki. :grin: Here it is

The Drank:
If you are experiencing problems with breakage or would like a surge of strength and thickness, I recommend the following mix smoothie recipe:

8 oz yogurt (plain or flavored)
10 oz Apple Juice
3 Tablespn Wheat Germ grain (not oil)
3 Tablespn Brewers Yeast
1 Tablespn Lecithin Granules
1 Tablespn Vitamin C Crystals
1 Raw egg (optional)
1 Tablespn Soy Protein Isolate Powder (or Bovine Gelatin)
2 Tablespn Honey
2 cups of berries (my favorite is blueberries)
1 half banana

You can also add peaches, strawberries, mango, pinapple, coconut, oranges, kiwi, apples.

All of the powders can be purchased at a Health Food store or either of the stores online:

www.puritanspride.com
www.vitaminshoppe.com
www.gnc.com

JustKiya

Kyia, I found the recipe in her Fotki. :grin: Here it is

The Drank:
If you are experiencing problems with breakage or would like a surge of strength and thickness, I recommend the following mix smoothie recipe:

8 oz yogurt (plain or flavored)
10 oz Apple Juice
3 Tablespn Wheat Germ grain (not oil)
3 Tablespn Brewers Yeast
1 Tablespn Lecithin Granules
1 Tablespn Vitamin C Crystals
1 Raw egg (optional)
1 Tablespn Soy Protein Isolate Powder (or Bovine Gelatin)
2 Tablespn Honey
2 cups of berries (my favorite is blueberries)
1 half banana

You can also add peaches, strawberries, mango, pinapple, coconut, oranges, kiwi, apples.

All of the powders can be purchased at a Health Food store or either of the stores online:

www.puritanspride.com
www.vitaminshoppe.com
www.gnc.com

:clapping: :woot: Thank you!!!!! Thank you so much!! I might be able to do that...... :yep: