Product Rave: Eqyss Survivor Detangler

LaNecia

I think this may be my first product rave thread!!

I am in :love: with the Eqyss Survivor Detangler!! I purchased this two weeks ago on a whim because of the sodium PCA ingredient which is a natural humectant that draws moisture from the air to the hair and skin. I've been looking for a moisturizer that can keep my hair moist and supple without being oily or coated like glycerine based products.

Well, this stuff makes my hair like BUTTA when it's applied. I shampoo my hair first w/the Premier Poo, Condition for 5 minutes w/the Mega-Tek Rebuilder, rinse and Apply Roux Porosity Control for 1-2 minutes (I do this every 2-3 days). Rinse and wrap my hair in one of those hair towels to absorb the moisture. After a few minutes it's partially dry, I apply about a nickel to quarter size amount to my hair. MUTHER!! :love: The slip this stuff gives my hair is second to NONE. My hair is INSTANTLY soft and tangle free. It has the consistency and silky feel of Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum WITHOUT any cones to coat the hair. I also follow with a light mist of the Rehydrant Spray.

It also works great on already dried hair. :yep:

I don't rave about too much on here but this is a definite keeper in my regimen.

Just wanted to share!

WomanlyCharm

Girl, this stuff is the TRUTH! :grin:

I got my bottle in the mail yesterday, and put some on my dry hair this morning. (I was going to wait until I washed, but I wanted to try it now!)
Wow...my hair was instantly soft and shiny, it felt so good. This stuff is a keeper.
I think I may go wash my hair now to see how it does on wet hair...I think I'm addicted! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on this stuff, VW!

LaNecia

sareca said:
Really?! Where'd ya'll get it? I wanna read the product descriptions.

I purchased it locally here at the Mary's Tack and Feed (Petsmart is supposed to carry it but I couldn't find it on the shelves).

This is one of Eqyss' crossover products. You can read a blurb about it here: Survivor Detangler

Here's the ingredient list:

INGREDIENTS: Eqyss proprietary emollients, vitamin E acetate, keratin protein, panthenol, sweet clover, whit willow, nasturtium, wild rose berry, sage, walnut tree, red poppy, color.

sareca

VWVixxen said:
I purchased it locally here at the Mary's Tack and Feed (Petsmart is supposed to carry it but I couldn't find it on the shelves).

This is one of Eqyss' crossover products. You can read a blurb about it here: Survivor Detangler

Here's the ingredient list:

INGREDIENTS: Eqyss proprietary emollients, vitamin E acetate, keratin protein, panthenol, sweet clover, whit willow, nasturtium, wild rose berry, sage, walnut tree, red poppy, color.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I've heard some very good things about Mega-Tek from horse owners and here. :wink2:

Faith

VWVixxen said:
I think this may be my first product rave thread!!

I am in :love: with the Eqyss Survivor Detangler!! I purchased this two weeks ago on a whim because of the sodium PCA ingredient which is a natural humectant that draws moisture from the air to the hair and skin. I've been looking for a moisturizer that can keep my hair moist and supple without being oily or coated like glycerine based products.

Well, this stuff makes my hair like BUTTA when it's applied. I shampoo my hair first w/the Premier Poo, Condition for 5 minutes w/the Mega-Tek Rebuilder, rinse and Apply Roux Porosity Control for 1-2 minutes (I do this every 2-3 days). Rinse and wrap my hair in one of those hair towels to absorb the moisture. After a few minutes it's partially dry, I apply about a nickel to quarter size amount to my hair. MUTHER!! :love: The slip this stuff gives my hair is second to NONE. My hair is INSTANTLY soft and tangle free. It has the consistency and silky feel of Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum WITHOUT any cones to coat the hair. I also follow with a light mist of the Rehydrant Spray.

It also works great on already dried hair. :yep:

I don't rave about too much on here but this is a definite keeper in my regimen.

Just wanted to share!
HEY!! You are engaged....WOW.. CONGRATS! HE's home now right? :):)

Back to Topic: So this is a cream conditioner? Hmmm! Thanks for the review

Nice & Wavy

Congratulations, girl on your upcoming wedding! I feel like all of us have been such a part of your life: waiting and praying for your husband-to-be to come home from Iraq, and knowing how excited you were as the time was getting closer and closer. And now, you are getting married. I am so happy for you. You Go Girl!!!

Blessings to the both of you! :p

LaNecia

Faith said:
HEY!! You are engaged....WOW.. CONGRATS! HE's home now right? :):)

Back to Topic: So this is a cream conditioner? Hmmm! Thanks for the review

Thank you!! He's HOME! Finally! :bouncy:

No, the Survivor Detangler Shine is not a conditioner (or cream) at all but is like a serum, like Sebastian Laminates or PM Super Skinny Serum. It's a translucent bluish color and smells good too!

LaNecia

Nice & Wavy said:
Congratulations, girl on your upcoming wedding! I feel like all of us have been such a part of your life: waiting and praying for your husband-to-be to come home from Iraq, and knowing how excited you were as the time was getting closer and closer. And now, you are getting married. I am so happy for you. You Go Girl!!!

Blessings to the both of you! :p

Thank you Chica!! It seems like it was so long ago that he left. I still look around periodically for signs that he's back...:look: My thigh should be black and blue from the pinching! :lol:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thanks for the shout out for the product. You and yr fiance make a cute couple!:D We'll be watching your ticker to be ready for your blessed event!

WomanlyCharm

I couldn't find it at any tack stores or the petsmarts in my area. I bought mine from the EQyss website...and it was delivered in just 2 days!
Great service! I'll definately be buying more of this stuff. :grin:

Healthb4Length

Vixxen, Congrats on your engagement! You're hair is progressing so nicely! I was checking out your album and I noticed the shine in your hair! WOW! It seems like we used similar products with good results too! Since the MegaTek is working for your hair, I'm sure it'll work on mine! I'll be looking out for the detangler and the conditioner.

Faith

VWVixxen said:
Thank you!! He's HOME! Finally! :bouncy:

No, the Survivor Detangler Shine is not a conditioner (or cream) at all but is like a serum, like Sebastian Laminates or PM Super Skinny Serum. It's a translucent bluish color and smells good too!
Oh it's not a cream? Good, I may have to try it out then :)

sareca

Girl! :eek: WTW? Slip isn't even the word. I got the detangler and Mega-tek. They left my hair soft, detangled with some crazy unreal slip. On the downside, I'm not crazy about the scent. Smelled like candy at first, but now I dunno. I might have used too much. It's obvious you don't need a lot.

Anyway, thanks for the rave. This one was worth every penny and will be added to the rotation.

LaNecia

@ WomanlyCharm: Eqyss service is very good. I've ordered from them and they ship FAST! :up:

@ Alli77: That's a good thing to know! I'll have to keep my eyes on the lookout for things you recommend to then, seeing as we like the same goodies!

@ Sareca: So glad you liked it!! I have found I don't use the Mega-Tek as much when I'm on my weekly henna treatments, there's really not a lot of need to. But, I do use the detangler after EVERY wash, my hair likes this, especially when my hair has been towel dried so it's not soaking wet. :lick: I noticed that YOU and I seem to like a lot of the same products too...not that follow you around the board or anything...:look: :wasntme: :sekret:

sareca

VWVixxen said:
@ WomanlyCharm: Eqyss service is very good. I've ordered from them and they ship FAST! :up:

@ Alli77: That's a good thing to know! I'll have to keep my eyes on the lookout for things you recommend to then, seeing as we like the same goodies!

@ Sareca: So glad you liked it!! I have found I don't use the Mega-Tek as much when I'm on my weekly henna treatments, there's really not a lot of need to. But, I do use the detangler after EVERY wash, my hair likes this, especially when my hair has been towel dried so it's not soaking wet. :lick: I noticed that YOU and I seem to like a lot of the same products too...not that follow you around the board or anything...:look: :wasntme: :sekret:
Who's following who? I started bargain hunting for that detangler the day you posted the rave. :lachen: Stalking is the highest form of flattery... right?... RIGHT?! :ohwell:

sareca

The emollients are very strong, so, no it's not drying at all. At least I never noticed anything.

MizaniMami

Got this in the mail today and I am so excited I am gonna wash TONIGHT just to see how it's gonna work. Even though I will be relaxing on Wednesday, I'll be aiight!

How should I use it?!?!?!

sareca

MizaniMami said:
Got this in the mail today and I am so excited I am gonna wash TONIGHT just to see how it's gonna work. Even though I will be relaxing on Wednesday, I'll be aiight!

How should I use it?!?!?!

:yay: I'm very excited for you. I love this stuff. Thanks VWVixxen!

I've used it on wet and dry hair. Worked equally well, but I prefer to use it on towel dried or slightly air dried hair. It lasts a long time too. Meaning, when I take down buns days later it's still easy to detangle. :love: IT!

Last edited:

alexstin

Okay I bought this on Saturday and have yet to use it. My hair is badly in need of a washing and I'm being LAZY. ;)

LaNecia

sareca said:
:yay: I'm very excited for you. I love this stuff. Thanks VWVixxen!

I've used it on wet and dry hair. Worked equally well, but I prefer to use it on towel dried or slightly air dried hair.

You're very welcome and my hair also does best when towel dried or slightly air dried!! :yep: :yay:

Kimberly

I'm going to have to check with my coworker who has the horses...maybe he can hook me up with some...at least enough to try it.:)