NON-Growth Eqyss Product support thread

Which NON-GROWTH products are you using or wanting to try from Eqyss?

• Micro-Tek Shampoo

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Premier Shampoo

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Survivor Detanger

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Micro-Tek Spray

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Premier Cream Rinse Conditioner

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Avocado Mist Spray

Votes: 61 64.2%
  • Micro-Tek Gel

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Premier Rehydrant Spray

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Marigold Spray

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

Aggie

Don't know.....I got my SAA last week but haven't used it yet. I'm assuming since some say the Survivor work just like a serum/chi silk then maybe SAa would give the same results........

I'm trying to get my order ready, so far, i have the rehydrant and the creme rinse in my shopping cart. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the survivor.

I have the survivor, I like it. I still like the Chi silk infusion as a protectant, but I will get the survivor detangler again when I run out for the soft feeling it adds to my hair, especially without that build-up feeling.

AtlantaJJ

Atlanta...after my adventure w/Survivor yesterday and dried out ends today, I'd say the EQyss proprietary emollients stuffium ingredient is like mystery meat.
Doesn't act like oils at all... I'm thinking about adding some aloe to break it down somewhat before using it again.

Do you/or anyone think adding aloe to my mix will reduce the 'dried out ends' effect? I do not intend to use its all over my hair.

I do/did like the silkiness I felt immediately upon application...BUT....:blush:

TIA
Hmm, I haven't had the dried out effect at all.:look:

I wonder what caused that reaction for you. And you are right that ingredient it is mystery meat!! I have no idea what it could be!

I put it on my non straighted hair this morning and my comb went straight through all the way without one snap, crack or pop! Now that's a wow in my book! I almost ordered another bottle today, Kiya has me craving the Premier Cream rinse. I'm not experiencing any dryness at all. In fact after an entire day my hair still feels soft.

I wonder if the MT may have caused your dry ends (are you using the Coat Builder too?)

My hair just feels so moisturized today. I used the Suvivor last to seal in my moisture while still wet for the first time and my hair feels more moist and soft than it has for quite awhile...hmmmm

Now you got me all curious about the Mystery Meat!! :laugh: :giggle:

ETA: I forgot to mention, I'm not sure how it would act with the aloe in it because I don't believe Survior contains water, I think they wouldn't blend...just a thought...we would have to experiment.

AtlantaJJ

I have the survivor, I like it. I still like the Chi silk infusion as a protectant, but I will get the survivor detangler again when I run out for the soft feeling it adds to my hair, especially without that build-up feeling.
ITA - I used it to seal my leave in (Elucence Moisture Balance) before drying for the first time and my hair is soft as can be, it feels so nice!

eshille

Hmm, I haven't had the dried out effect at all.:look:

I wonder what caused that reaction for you. And you are right that ingredient it is mystery meat!! I have no idea what it could be!

I put it on my non straighted hair this morning and my comb went straight through all the way without one snap, crack or pop! Now that's a wow in my book! I almost ordered another bottle today, Kiya has me craving the Premier Cream rinse. I'm not experiencing any dryness at all. In fact after an entire day my hair still feels soft.

I wonder if the MT may have caused your dry ends (are you using the Coat Builder too?)

My hair just feels so moisturized today. I used the Suvivor last to seal in my moisture while still wet for the first time and my hair feels more moist and soft than it has for quite awhile...hmmmm

Now you got me all curious about the Mystery Meat!! :laugh: :giggle:

ETA: I forgot to mention, I'm not sure how it would act with the aloe in it because I don't believe Survior contains water, I think they wouldn't blend...just a thought...we would have to experiment.

Thanks, Atlanta for you input, I'm sure you're right about the two not blending, I'll try it out.

I only bought the Survivor Detangler from this line.

Take Care

AtlantaJJ

I'm learning something new everyday with the Eqyss products.

Here's something you might try. Just before you roller set while still damp, try rolling a couple of curls with the tiniest (smallest) dab of the Survivor on your hair, some what like you would if you seal your leave-in. Then roll your hair. I think you will get such softness and moisture.

For me using it on my damp hair today made all the difference in the world for me moisture wise. I was previously using it as a finishing product after my hair was dry before today.

eshille

I'm learning something new everyday with the Eqyss products.

Here's something you might try. Just before you roller set while still damp, try rolling a couple of curls with the tiniest (smallest) dab of the Survivor on your hair, some what like you would if you seal your leave-in. Then roll your hair. I think you will get such softness and moisture.

For me using it on my damp hair today made all the difference in the world for me moisture wise. I was previously using it as a finishing product after my hair was dry before today.

Thanks for sharing your tip and success...gonna try it next roller set.:yep:

LondonDiva

I'm bumping to post my review plus there maybe other newbie eqyss gals who missed this thread.

First off let me say any UK ladies order from http://www.tailgator.co.uk Their customer service is wonderful, they threw me in free samples of the other products and you can order samples on their site too. The delivery is fast, depending on the time you place the order you get it in 1-2 days. I must actually e-mail them tomorrow and thank them for the extra samples. I used them some years ago and will continue to use and recommend them. BTW if they have a product you want to try that's not available to buy in the sample size for £1.99 e-mail them and ask if they can send it to you anyway. I remember the lady did that for me when I first ordered from them.

Right onto the review.

I used (other than the Mega Tek Rebuilder)

The premier shampoo
The premier creme rinse detangler
The Micro Tek spray (same ingredients as Surge which made my hair grow)

I always use 2 shampoos a clarifying (Elasta QO Bodyfying Shampoo) and then a moisturising one (Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo) before using my out of the world ORS Olive Oil conditioner.

So I used the premier shampoo as a clarifying one and it was much much gentler on the hair, the bodyfying was too drying and stripped my hair clean each and every time. Now I'd never recommend using the premier alone follow up with a moisturing shampoo before using a moisturising conditioner. When I used the Elasta creme shampoo afterwards, my hair was a lot softer. It cleaned the hair without that gaudy stripped feeling.

For me Premier Shampoo a keeper

Premier creme rinse detangler, after I washed out my conditioner, used this as a leave in on damp hair. Can't fault it, felt great, no build up a little went a long way and when dry my hair felt very soft. A mix of the conditioner I use which leaves my hair uber soft and this are a perfect combo.

another keeper.

Now I'm going to be greedy and aim to maximize my growth, even though I did great for 2 months already (see siggy pic). Now the ingredients in this are pretty much exactly the same as the Surge which some loved and some didn't a few years back. Surge worked for me, grew my hair, so having the sample why not use it and give it a go. I already applied MT on the scalp this evening plus a lil Profect Root Health on top (as I twisted my hair tonight to wear for the week) when I was done sprayed it on the scalp. I have the tingles. Different tingles to MT (which I didn't get tonight as on damp hair n scalp I never get it) so even with MT and Root Health on my scalp this stuff feels like it's getting to working. I like the smell and the feel of it.

again another keeper.

I have the avocado mist and premier spray samples, don't know how and when I'll work those in though.

Oh and you know sometimes they have slight variations in the Eqyss product names, well I believe the premier shampoo is also known as Premier Color Intensifying Shampoo which I believe is the original OCT shampoo and the creme rinse the original OCT creme rinse (maybe with a varied ingredient who knows) I'm too tired to research that right now. But if that's the case then I guess Eqyss has the OCT system too with the shampoo, rinse and MT/OCT

A natural botanical shampoo. Premier Shampoo extends the life of color treated hair and makes perms stay longer. Contains no synthetic polymers, wax, oil, silicone, harsh detergents or alcohol. This formula will actually make color treated hair last longer. Removes chlorine from hair so it does not turn green if you swim alot. Many people say that their hair grows in thicker when they use this shampoo. Dry flaky skin disappears. Colors will be brighter. Rinses clean easily & leaves no residue. NON-TOXIC. Environmentally friendly. For best results, use with Premier Natural Botanical Spray. No D.E.A.

Micro-Tek Spray: a fast acting, anti-microbial spray that minimizes problems on contact providing leave on protection that continues to work for over 24 hours. Use it on anything that itches. It stops the itch instantly.

Use for sunburn, insect bites, poison ivy, seborrhea; literally anything that itches. Leave on product for acne. This formula offers leave on protection to the damaged problem areas. Will not burn or hurt open wounds or eyes. Can be used to get rid of diaper rash on infants. Environmentally friendly. Accelerates healing. Alcohol free. NON-TOXIC. USE WITH MICRO-TEK SHAMPOO.

This unique product was developed specifically to condition rough, dry, brittle hair and make tangles disappear. Brushing will be tangle free. A rich combination of natural emollients minimizes flyaways and smoothes hair cuticles to replenish each strand, leaving hair soft and tangle-free. Can be used RIGHT OVER SHAMPOO... NO WAITING TIME! Instant shine & softness. This really does make hair feel like silk after using.

Last edited:

JustKiya

You got me thinking about that MicroTek, now, LD - I've been really pleased with the Eqyss products overall.

Horses! Who woulda thunk it? :lachen:

JustKiya

Oh, this reminds me, I can now RAVE about the Survivor Detangler!!! I used it yesterday when I was trying to redo my hair, and OH.MY.GODS.

It worked SOOOOO well. I mean, amazingly, well - and I only needed to use a TINY amount, which is always impressive to me. And it smells SO good.

It does have protein in it, so I'm hoping I won't have to re-use it each time, and will only have to re-use it after I DC/cowash/etc, but we shall see when I take my hair down tonight.

AtlantaJJ

Oh, this reminds me, I can now RAVE about the Survivor Detangler!!! I used it yesterday when I was trying to redo my hair, and OH.MY.GODS.

It worked SOOOOO well. I mean, amazingly, well - and I only needed to use a TINY amount, which is always impressive to me. And it smells SO good.

It does have protein in it, so I'm hoping I won't have to re-use it each time, and will only have to re-use it after I DC/cowash/etc, but we shall see when I take my hair down tonight.
Alright, you are going to make me break down and get the cream rinse... I was tryna mind my business about it but you keep consistantly liken the stuff! LOL :laugh:

JustKiya

Alright, you are going to make me break down and get the cream rinse... I was tryna mind my business about it but you keep consistantly liken the stuff! LOL :laugh:

Oh, girl, you've GOTTA get the Cream Rinse!!! It smells like babypowder, and it feels sooo good. :yep:

PuffyBrown

Oh, girl, you've GOTTA get the Cream Rinse!!! It smells like babypowder, and it feels sooo good. :yep:

ITA! I really like it.
Getting to that :love3:stage, but I am going to wait until I have been using a little longer.....but JustKiya is right it feels great and smells grate

Aggie

Just thought I'd list my absolute favorite Eqyss products right here:

• Mega Tek Rebuilder - the main growth product, I know I know, this thread is only for non-growth Eqyss products.
My Non-Growth Eqyss products are:
  • The Eqyss Natural Premier Botanical Shampoo
  • The Eqyss Creme Rinse
  • The Eqyss Premier Natural Botanical Equine Rehydrant Spray
  • The Eqyss Survivor Super Detangler Shine -shines like a serum
I know I may have mentioned these before but I thought they needed to be mentioned just one more time:grin:. Have fun growing ladies.

ShiShiPooPoo

Just thought I'd list my absolute favorite Eqyss products right here:

• Mega Tek Rebuilder - the main growth product, I know I know, this thread is only for non-growth Eqyss products.
My Non-Growth Eqyss products are:
  • The Eqyss Natural Premier Botanical Shampoo
  • The Eqyss Creme Rinse
  • The Eqyss Premier Natural Botanical Equine Rehydrant Spray
  • The Eqyss Survivor Super Detangler Shine -shines like a serum
I know I may have mentioned these before but I thought they needed to be mentioned just one more time:grin:. Have fun growing ladies.

Aggie, could you please give a quick review of the shampoo? TIA.

Aggie

Aggie, could you please give a quick review of the shampoo? TIA.

Sure ShiShiPoo,

The Premier poo I find is a little on the gentle side. It suds a lot so you only need a little of it. It cleans very well and feels a little dry but not overly so and as soon as I add the Creme Rinse with the poo still on my hair, and massage these two in together, my hair feels really really soft all over again. These two products work very well together.

So here is how I use it, I mix some of the poo with a little water, add it to my scalp and massage it in for about a minute. I add the creme rinse with the poo still on my hair and massage them in for another few seconds then wash the whole thing out. Soft I tell ya:lick:.

ShiShiPooPoo

Sure ShiShiPoo,

The Premier poo I find is a little on the gentle side. It suds a lot so you only need a little of it. It cleans very well and feels a little dry but not overly so and as soon as I add the Creme Rinse with the poo still on my hair, and massage these two in together, my hair feels really really soft all over again. These two products work very well together.

So here is how I use it, I mix some of the poo with a little water, add it to my scalp and massage it in for about a minute. I add the creme rinse with the poo still on my hair and massage them in for another few seconds then wash the whole thing out. Soft I tell ya:lick:.

Wow...you ADD the cream rinse with the poo? *taking notes*.

How often do you use the poo?

Aggie

Twice a week is enough but I believe others are using the creme rinse more often, but I'm not because I'm in the deep conditioning challenge and I use other DCs.

rhapsdyblu

Yeah!! I received my Premier Creme Conditioner Detangler and the Rehydrant Spray yesterday (and I ordered them before I joined the don't buy anything in July challenge so i didn't cheat:grin:). I already have the Survivor Detangler. I deep conditioned over night, so I am going to try them in a few. I am so excited. I am going to reread what you all have said about diluting, etc. I am hoping to get my hair nice & soft (like you JK) without the gunky feel.

ShiShiPooPoo

Yeah!! I received my Premier Creme Conditioner Detangler and the Rehydrant Spray yesterday (and I ordered them before I joined the don't buy anything in July challenge so i didn't cheat:grin:). I already have the Survivor Detangler. I deep conditioned over night, so I am going to try them in a few. I am so excited. I am going to reread what you all have said about diluting, etc. I am hoping to get my hair nice & soft (like you JK) without the gunky feel.

How do you like the survivor and rehydrant?

I think I am going to wind up buying the whole eqyss line!

Aggie

Well I can definitely answer that. The Survivor works a lot like Chi Silk Infusion without the cones and it smells great. It really does make your hair shine too. The Rehydrant Spray I also love because it is a great moisturizer for my hair that I use after washing like a leave-in and it leaves my hair nice and soft, detangled and very moisturized:yep:. Oh by the way it's silicone-free and it smells divine:lick:.

JustKiya

*grin* I know you'll love it, Rhapsdy!!!

I love the Survivor. Love it. It works so well and it smells SO good. The rehydrant, I like, but I don't use all that often. Haven't figure out it's 'niche' yet....

Aggie

Well I can definitely answer that. The Survivor works a lot like Chi Silk Infusion without the cones and it smells great. It really does make your hair shine too. The Rehydrant Spray I also love because it is a great moisturizer for my hair that I use after washing like a leave-in and it leaves my hair nice and soft, detangled and very moisturized:yep:. Oh by the way it's silicone-free and it smells divine:lick:.

ETA: The rehydrant spray is a little concentrated so I stretch by adding some distilled water to it. The ratio I use of Rehydrant Spray to water is about 4:1 and then it's perfect for me.

Aggie

*grin* I know you'll love it, Rhapsdy!!!

I love the Survivor. Love it. It works so well and it smells SO good. The rehydrant, I like, but I don't use all that often. Haven't figure out it's 'niche' yet....

JK I really think that you and I got the better products in the Eqyss line. I know that I will re-order the cell rebuilder, creme rinse, premier poo, survivor detangler shine and the rehydrant spray. I just sprayed some inmy dry hair and passed by my niece and she says, "Whoa your hair smells gooooood". I told that it was one of my horsey things I use on my hair:lachen:.

I know it was bad for my hair but I actually used to spray those Victoria Secret body sprays on my hair because I liked it to small good all the time and now I don't have to anymore. I am so happy I found a healthy replacement:yep:.

ShiShiPooPoo

Ok ladies...

so the survivor gives you that nice "finish" without the cones?:wallbash: (sounds like heaven).

and the rehydrant spray is more moisturizing than the Avocado Mist?

Do both of these products have Keratin in them? (JK I think you said the survivor did before).

Aggie

Ok ladies...

so the survivor gives you that nice "finish" without the cones?:wallbash: (sounds like heaven).

and the rehydrant spray is more moisturizing than the Avocado Mist?

Do both of these products have Keratin in them? (JK I think you said the survivor did before).

That's correct ShiShiPooPoo, the survivor does have some keratin protein in it, 3rd ingredient on the bottle and the Rehydrant spray has hydrolyzed wheat protein in it, 6th ingredient on the bottle. Now the Wheat protein is a very very mild protein and the keratin is the stronger protein. A little goes a long way with the survivor and it could be used on wet or dry hair.

rhapsdyblu

Hi, everybody. I just wanted, rather, had to report an update on my use of the Rehydrant Spray. After my CW the other day, I used it diluted. I wasn't very impressed & didn't quite know what the whoopla was all about. Then after I CW this morning & yesterday, I decided to try it straight, undiluted, not mixed with anything. OMG. I CW'd, then sprayed well the Rehydrant Spray, MT'd my scalp & messaged & then added my moisturizer (JK"s recipe) (just a tad) & it is now 7 PM & my hair is still sooooo soft and moist (not wet, but not dry, you know?). But more than that, it is NOT gunky.

I have been so frustrated because in order for my hair to feel the level of softness I wanted, I had to keep applying more & more product. Then it would feel gunky & I'd have to go wash it. Shoot! I have got all these homemade leave-in's & concoction. I think I may have to just add them to my CW and DC treatments. I may have found my "magic".

Now, if I can only get that curl definition right. You know, we're never satisfied. LOL

OK, just wanted to give that feedback. I will see if it continues as the days progress.

BTW, I am a 4a natural. I don't know if that matters on the dilution thing. I just know it is hard to get product to saturate this tight kinky curl & more often than not product will "sit" on my hair versus melt into it.

I tell ya, I am really like this Rehydrant Spray. And this stuff is for horses, huh? Who'd a thunk it?:lachen:

ETA: I also put a tiny dab of the Survivor Detangler with the moisturizer.

Last edited:

ThatJerseyGirl

*grabbin card n gonna order my rehydrant spray to add to my Eqyss line...*sighs*. I'll add it to my avocado mist, which smells wonderfulllllllll.....