ever tried headstands or yoga to increase hair growth?

Melaninme

It's funny that you started this thread as I have thought about trying this myself. I too read about this.

My hair is growing pretty fast now with my own homemade serum, but I'm curious to see if I can get more.

I'll start tonight and will post my results in 30 days.

Kristenxdollface said:
I came across a really old thread. It mentioned head stands, shoulder stands, yoga or just laying upside with your head off the bed increases circulation and increases hair growth.

Has anyone tried this and see improvement in hair growth?

I'm going to start tonight. Maybe do it twice a day for 1-3 minutes for thirty days.

The thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=12591&highlight=silk

isawstars

LDebagoria said:
If only I weren't afraid of fallin' and bustin' my face...:(

You can lay on your bed and let your head hang off to get the same results, i'm sure! i've been doing that while listening to music.

Cichelle

I'm starting tonight. I really happy because this will help me get back into my yoga routine. Checking in is a great idea!

LDebagoria

Asha97 said:
Don't forget to also do your scalp massages. When I sat up after completing my headstand I massaged my scalp.

See you all tonight!

Good idea. How long does everyone massage their scalp for? I usually do it for abou five minutes if I'm not preoccupying myself with something else.

I was doing it during War of the Worlds unconsciously, until my b/f was like what're you doing? :lol:

Melaninme

LDebagoria said:
Good idea. How long does everyone massage their scalp for? I usually do it for abou five minutes if I'm not preoccupying myself with something else.

I was doing it during War of the Worlds unconsciously, until my b/f was like what're you doing? :lol:

I usually massage from 3 - 5 minutes. I'm so excited about this!

Thanks ladies for joining in! :D

Isis

I think you are referring to the Unconventional thread for hair growth. Yes, I believe the shoulder stands, head stands and scalp massages work very well. All increase blood flow to the head which directly feeds and stimulates the hair follicles. :yep:

Millahdoowop

Kristenxdollface said:
You can lay on your bed and let your head hang off to get the same results, i'm sure! i've been doing that while listening to music.

That's what I did, I'll check in too after thirty days. This is the first day.

isawstars

Millah03 said:

That's what I did, I'll check in too after thirty days. This is the first day.

I'm glad you're joining us :grin:

I tried doing a shoulder stand against the wall and there was too much strain on my neck. Maybe i'm not doing it correctly? Hm well I'm going to continue with the hanging off the bed technique.

I started massaging my scalp today. I find it hard to do with dry hair b/c of all my NG.

Isis

Kristenxdollface said:
I'm glad you're joining us :grin:

I tried doing a shoulder stand against the wall and there was too much strain on my neck. Maybe i'm not doing it correctly? Hm well I'm going to continue with the hanging off the bed technique.

I started massaging my scalp today. I find it hard to do with dry hair b/c of all my NG.
Be very careful about doing the shoulder stand correctly. There should not be any strain anywhere, especially not on the neck. The back of the upper arms carry all of the weight and it should feel comfortable.

Melaninme

Here's a few illustrations on the headstand and shoulder stand:

Yoga Postures

Click on Yoga positions Step by step instructions link.

I do the Salamba variation of the shoulder stand.

HTH!

Edited the links.

Last edited:

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
I do yoga. My hair is growing at a steady pace; I am not sure if it is related to the yoga or the other things I do for my hair…

isawstars

I hate to say it... but i've been slacking lately. :( Sorry ladies. I've been really busy but I have been keeping up with my scalp massages. I hope everyone else is going strong.

isawstars

Asha97 said:
Same here,:( but I never forget to apply my serum. The serum has become a good habit that I can't seem to live without. I'll be back on schedule tonight, so I guess I'll have to start my count over.:(

I know that if I can do this for a week straight without interruptions, it too will become a good habit, for there are other things to benefit from this exercise.

Serum? what type of serum are you using?