Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

anon123

@mwedzi, did you straighten your hair yourself? If so, what kind of products did you use and how long did it take? We have the same texture but every time I try to straighten, it starts reverting almost as soon as I left go of a section so I just give up and throw it into a bun.

The straightening itself took hardly any time at all. Maybe 45 minutes? I detangled and blow dried with a comb attachment, and that did most of the work. That took about 2 1/2 hours. I used some heat protectant generic stuff I got from Sally and a little coconut oil.

MaraWithLove

Braid-out. Looked better in person than in these pics. I'll have a better looking braid-out tomorrow to show off! :grin:

Attachments

• 2012-03-19 08.59.34.jpg
    2012-03-19 08.59.34.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 127

NikkiGirl

Big, Crazy Hair after the gym. I took my hair down out of a ponytail....no product, just sweat. Hehe!

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I straightened my natural hair last night. This time, I did not use grease! I used Fantasia ic Heat Protector Straightening Serum:

(Click on pictures to enlarge size)

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

Sent from my PG06100 using LHCF

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Lightly misted with water and then oiled with grapeseed and EVCO - my prepoo for tomorrow's wash. In celebration of the first day of spring, I added a vintage floral brooch:

Melaninme

I couldn't take the braids any longer, so I removed them this past weekend and re-styled in my beloved twists!

Attachments

• lchalkdfj.jpg
    lchalkdfj.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 102
  • lhchtoday.jpg
    lhchtoday.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 109

pookaloo83

Je Ne Sais Quoi said:
mwedzi you have a lil puddin head. I can see it from your profile. You and your hair are always gorgeous :yep::yep:

I'm cracking up. :lachen: what us a puddin head? Lol!!! Mwedzi your hair is the bomb.com.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

pookaloo83

Je Ne Sais Quoi said:
Noooooo lol. I don't even know what that is!!!! Puddin' heads have a cute little shape to their forehead. Especially kids. I use it for cute kids and folks.

I know what you talking about though. :lol: I saw a lil girl on super nanny with the same head and I thought she was do cute with her lil moon shaped head. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s

ChristmasCarol

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...and I'm not wasting it on hair!
Co-washed and made a curly bun. Added a couple daffodils my youngest DD picked for me this morning :grin:

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
virtuenow Thank you! :grin: In the first picture posted, I ha just finger detangled after taking out twists. I had hemp seed oil in my hair and sulfur oil on my scalp. (My hair was reallllllllly dirty :lol:)

In my puff picture, I have hemp seed oil on my length, castor oil on my ends, and sulfur oil on my scalp on partially shrunken hair. The night before, I slept in 8 braids to stretch. My hair shrunk as soon as I walked out the door, so I puffed it. (This is much cleaner hair than the first picture lol) :)

Last edited: