Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Anakinsmomma

My fro for the fourth :)

And bonus DS twa

Eta: dagnabit sideways again! Sorry.

Attachments

• image-994824670.jpg
    image-994824670.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image-445510279.jpg
    image-445510279.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 82
  • image-507896501.jpg
    image-507896501.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-446794000.jpg
    image-446794000.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 99

BraunSugar

Three strand twistout from last week. Forgot to post it. Prob my new fave hairstyle.

msbettyboop

1st attempt at curlformers. Awful experience sleeping in them.

After I took them out. I didn't really part very well. Just felt around and what not.

No idea what to do with it so I just threw it into a bun.

My hair was really really soft, flat and scalpy which made me a little nervous but it seems this is the way curlformers work. I'm sure once I wet my hair, it will return to its usual state.

-PYT

LunadeMiel Hey girl, I'm just seeing your post! thank you! I two-strand twisted a couple rows in the back of my head and flat twisted the rest then pinned it up. I learned to flat twist from youtube vids and practice!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.

After I took them out. I didn't really part very well. Just felt around and what not.

My hair was really really soft, flat and scalpy which made me a little nervous but it seems this is the way curlformers work. I'm sure once I wet my hair, it will return to its usual state.
oh hayell naw.
you mean to tell me you spent time and even lost a good night's sleep to get those purty curls just to put them into a bun??? :nono:
girl, next time, just go through and seperate them a bit!

msbettyboop

oh hayell naw.
you mean to tell me you spent time and even lost a good night's sleep to get those purty curls just to put them into a bun??? :nono:
girl, next time, just go through and seperate them a bit!

:grin:. I was just happy to get stretched hair without heat. I'm super style challenged. I have to watch millions of you tube vidoes just to figure out 1 style. I knew it was going to take a couple of tries before I learnt how to style a curlfomers set. I'm doing it again tomorrow and I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Last edited:

virtuenow

msbettyboop was the purpose of the curlformers to stretch your hair? Or did you intend to wear it as a style. Have you tried big braids or twists to stretch your hair? I am looking for ways to stretch my 4b hair w/o heat.

msbettyboop

virtuenow said:
msbettyboop was the purpose of the curlformers to stretch your hair? Or did you intend to wear it as a style. Have you tried big braids or twists to stretch your hair? I am looking for ways to stretch my 4b hair w/o heat.

virtuenow, my primary purpose was to stretch my hair. I already did this initially via twists when air drying but it didn't turn out as straight or as smooth as the curl formers set. I have mostly 4b hair and I haven't used heat since February.

Leslie_C

*scream* lol...you could have gently separated each curl into two or three pieces, then finger fluff or pick the roots only to get rid of the parts...worst case scenerio you could have done a curly updo with some hair out in the front! :yep: Then you could revert to the bun on day two or three since it would still be stretched.

LucieLoo12

Side pony with flower accessory ....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120706_085038.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120706_085038.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Whirledpeas

I grew tired of flat-ironing my natural hair to have it go to afro status only hours later. This was my first time curing my hair with perm rods. Perfect do for causal Friday.