Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
You know, maybe I should just create an album on here, put the link in my sig, and stop taking up real estate in this thread.

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Below is the Grecian hairstyle I wore at my brother's wedding in May this year (I'm the lady in blue). Right now I am more focused on trying out different hairstyles more so than growth. Next up I want to try the French Twist updo, but I am reluctant to use heat to straighten my hair. #thestruggleisreal

14502853_10207812065602166_7976203094148310627_n.jpg

MzSwift

I have maybe 2 more inches.

Oh, you're pretty much natural then! Congrats, you've done a great job on your transition. You have full, pretty hair!

And you're wavy textured? Maybe you can try doing the cornrows with very little product. You may even be able to do regular plait braids, just a few of them for less definition and more fullness.

Kiadodie

Oh, you're pretty much natural then! Congrats, you've done a great job on your transition. You have full, pretty hair!

And you're wavy textured? Maybe you can try doing the cornrows with very little product. You may even be able to do regular plait braids, just a few of them for less definition and more fullness.

Yes, wavy but not curly. OK, I'll try it next weekend. I'll post my results here assuming it turns out ok lol. Thanks!

ETA: BTW, do you have any suggestions on the product(s) I should use on my type of hair?

MzSwift

ETA: BTW, do you have any suggestions on the product(s) I should use on my type of hair?

Hmm, good question. When I'm blowing it out, I make sure to deep condition well. Then I do my cornrows with no product. Keep the braids in for at least 8 hours (basically overnight). The result is fluffy hair with lots of body and movement. I think you may be able to get away with no product as well. You could add a little oil to the ends only but the perm there might become stringy looking.

If you want to use a product, use only a nickel size amount for your whole head. Any condish or moisturizer you want. Don't forget to roll your ends so they're not stick straight! GL! :)

Kiadodie

Hmm, good question. When I'm blowing it out, I make sure to deep condition well. Then I do my cornrows with no product. Keep the braids in for at least 8 hours (basically overnight). The result is fluffy hair with lots of body and movement. I think you may be able to get away with no product as well. You could add a little oil to the ends only but the perm there might become stringy looking.

If you want to use a product, use only a nickel size amount for your whole head. Any condish or moisturizer you want. Don't forget to roll your ends so they're not stick straight! GL! :)

Great thanks! I'll try it :)

MzSwift

@Italiano

It turned out very pretty! :)

Wow, your hair gets really defined even with no product! If you want it fluffier and less defined, you may have to go with even fewer braids, like maybe 3. Then you can fluff the roots with your fingers to get that look in the picture.

Yup, if you don't like the straight ends, rolling the ends should help.

Kiadodie

@Italiano

It turned out very pretty! :)

Wow, your hair gets really defined even with no product! If you want it fluffier and less defined, you may have to go with even fewer braids, like maybe 3. Then you can fluff the roots with your fingers to get that look in the picture.

Yup, if you don't like the straight ends, rolling the ends should help.

Thanks! :) So tonight, do I braid it up again or I can just sleep like this? :look:

MzSwift

Thanks! :) So tonight, do I braid it up again or I can just sleep like this? :look:

Lol! So the pineapple method or just leaving it out under a bonnet has never worked out for me. I end up with flattened hair. I rebraid it at night but not as much. I only do two to three celies and then cover with a bonnet. That way my second day hair is fluffier. I usually part it horizontally or diagonally to avoid the middle part. HTH!

ETA, my avi is a fluffy braid out on straightened natural hair. I did 3 cornrows with no product to get it that way. All of my cornrow outs on wet kinky hair ended up way too defined.

faithVA

@faithVA @MzSwift

Hey guys, so I did 6 braids last night on dry hair and little product. I washed it early Sunday and just let it air dry through the day. So as you can see my relaxed ends are kind of straight :cry3: but other than that I think it came out OK. I should've put some rollers on my ends though. What do you guys think?

I think it looks nice. Rolling the ends should help but even without it I like the look. Great job.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
My hair didn't want to cooperate at all today. I don't know if it's because she's getting bigger or what?

Please excuse my face in the picture had a hard day in lab today

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    419.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 112

lushlady

My hair didn't want to cooperate at all today. I don't know if it's because she's getting bigger or what?

Please excuse my face in the picture had a hard day in lab today

Is your hair blueish or is that just the tone of the picture? I'm so into different color hair lately. Whatever color it is your hair looks lovely...nice and thick.