Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

beingofserenity

From the past couple hours to right now:

After wash detangling session and prepping for sections to blowdry. Btw, don't let these cute waves and curls fool you, these are AFRO textured waves and curlies and they don't play once dry. No wash n goes for me, newp.

Sections ALWAYS ALWAYS.

Still in sections LOL.

It's a process on wash day but I'm so used to just getting it done. I've been on maintenance mode for the past 5-6 years. Did my yearly good deep trim (2-3 inches of spiderwebs and for evenness)

Not sure how I'll wear this blow dried hair after tonight so for now this is it!

Do you blow dry every wash?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper

After wash detangling session and prepping for sections to blowdry. Btw, don't let these cute waves and curls fool you, these are AFRO textured waves and curlies and they don't play once dry. No wash n goes for me, newp.

Sections ALWAYS ALWAYS.

Still in sections LOL.

It's a process on wash day but I'm so used to just getting it done. I've been on maintenance mode for the past 5-6 years. Did my yearly good deep trim (2-3 inches of spiderwebs and for evenness)

Not sure how I'll wear this blow dried hair after tonight so for now this is it!
:drool::drool: So beautiful.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

Sections ALWAYS ALWAYS.

Still in sections LOL.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

:love4::love4::love4:

Drooling over THIS HAIR!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
It looks like I got a lock on the crazy part of the thread title, LOL. My first twist-out, day 2:
I hate auto flash:

Better:

Great pic of the darn camera:

I have no idea what happened to the ends here. I curled the tippy-tips of each twist around my finger and separated them about a week later. Any advice?

At the top, fizz and a stupid grey hair:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I fiiiiiiiiially attempted a full crimper curler set. I had tried one crimper curler on a small section, with the results shown in the first picture below.

This is a fun experiment, but I have some concerns! Instead of the no-longer foamy sample of the Design Essentials mousse/foam I used in the first pic, for the full crimper set in the second pic I used an Eden Bodyworks mousse that turned out to be pretty watery. I had chosen it due to its ingredients, but I don't know how effective the mousse will be. We'll see!

In the first pic, I had placed the crimper curler near the bottom, which left my roots puffy. For the full crimper curler set, I placed the crimper curlers at the root, leaving my ends exposed. I don't know if that was a good idea: I might end up with waviness along the length that ends in _____ (???) at the ends.

Also, the crimper curlers are too uncomfortable to sleep in. I'll sit for another few hours and hope it dries. If not, I'll have to see if I can get my dryer bonnet over it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My sort-of-second attempt at a flexirod set. (My first attempt was not very committed and was kind of just a stab at stretching my hair.)

I used the red flexirods from Sally's. Products-wise I used Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion under Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Style Setter.

Next time I will improve: Rolling, handling of the ends of my hair on the rods, and fluffing/separating after. At first I tried styling it into a side part with a swoopy bang, but the middle part looked better (according to family members :lol:).

2017 April 10 (Red) Flexirod Set.png

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy Your skin is so beautiful!

Aw, wow! Thanks, lady! *blush* You are so kind.

Right now it's doing well. I've always had skin issues. I have significant discoloration. In the photo, I'm wearing the thinnest possible layer of SM's medium tinted lotion to try to smooth out the discoloration (around eyes and mouth). I've been taking a collagen powder + hyaluronic acid supplement. It's doing wonders.

I share the product and my regimen in the hip/tailbone 2017-2018 thread in a few posts.