Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

sunnieb

Bah humbug!

I hate that I can't see all the pictures in this thread! I just see red x's on some of ya'lls posts! :(

Sent from my Comet

pookaloo83

Twistout.

Ltown

Greyland
Decided to stop being lazy and rollerset my hair. This is my natural texture, for reference (pic taken a few months ago):

I waited until about 60% dry so that I wouldn't have to sit under the dryer so long. I worked a quarter-sized amount of IC Fantasia Serum throughout and didn't use any setting lotion or other products. After the set was dry, I put my hair into a high bun and went to bed. I flatironed on a low setting yesterday morning and went back under the dryer for a silk (saran) wrap. I wrapped it back up last night, and this is the result *please ignore the raggedy ends, I'm only dusting while transitioning and when I BC I will make the hemline blunt*:

I'll probably do this every 2 or 3 weeks for the rest of the fall/winter.

@sipp00, you are doing awesome on your transition. Pretty!

Tamster

My first legit puff. i never tried one before. dont ask why. makes no sense to me either. i guess i never had a stocking on hand??? :confused: anyways.. there she is. :lol:

tapioca_pudding

pookaloo83 you get SO much definition in your twist outs!!!! *throws a rock at you* :lol: jk, I'm just jealous.

Okay sooooo I got some highlights, and I did a semi-successful twist out. It's not as defined as I'd like, but I'm learning. I used Donna Marie curling cream and a little Eco on damp hair, and flat twisted over night. Here's a pic of the twists (you can see the highlights pretty well), and then a finished look. If I can get the hang of this, this will be my winter style. Now I have to find a great DC to take care of these highlights.

It's getting a liiiiitle boofy but not nearly as much as past times. I'm gonna figure out how to preserve it tonight.

Okay, I'm done being excited lol.

Last edited:

rainbowknots

sunnieb, are you viewing this thread from work? When I'm at work, some of the pictures don't show up for me because the host site is blocked. Tinypic is blocked on our network, so if anyone posts a picture with tinypic I can't see it.

kandiekj100

Dry twistout updo . I was going for a twistout on dry hair but :nono: I had to put that sucker up some kind of way. I think I've only ever done maybe one decent twistout ever. *sigh*

Attachments

• twistout updo 10.6.11.jpg
    twistout updo 10.6.11.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 139

keepithealthy

keepithealthy how long did those take you to do??

PYT FOREVER!!! lol no just kidding...they took me about 13 hours over a 3 day period. I initially did enough to put into a ponytail the first day and then finished the rest over the following two days. I have a really small head though lol Braiding them wasn't so bad though because I braid fast and I used to braid my hair a lot with synthetic hair when I was younger. It's the take down I'm worried about :drunk:

lijm83

3 styles 1 day

First style of the day, going on a visit.

2nd style when I got back home.

3rd style also when I was at home, but wanted to try out something new for me :look:

Just in case the pictures won't show, I attached them as well.

Attachments

• WnG-KC-009.jpg
    WnG-KC-009.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 75
  • WnG-KC-011.jpg
    WnG-KC-011.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 72
  • WnG-KC-012.jpg
    WnG-KC-012.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 73

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Hi Ladies!!

So I finally took out my braids after 8 weeks. Prepooed with condish + castor and avocado oil, shampooed, did a tea rinse, Protein and Moisture treatments under my steamer, then prepped for twists. Here are some pics. Oh, I also basically BCed.....finally got rid of the remaining relaxed ends.

After I removed the braids and detangled, I slathered on conditioner plus oils and made some big chunky twists.

I started twisting from the back..used BFH leave in, Silk Dreams leave-in and Eco-styler gel(pink)

When I got to the front sections.....my relaxed ends were looking pitiful and I was at a loss as to what to do....

I just cut them off and kept on moving.....:grin:

And THIS is the end result.

<-----Please excuse the messy apartment :blush:
The ends looking bushy, they need to be clipped a little more.

I am getting better at twisting now :grin:

Hairstyle is inspired by the luscious hairdos of @ms-gg

Last edited: