Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Classic everyday 2 ponytail hair. Too lazy to bust out the hotcomb so just blew it dry and ponied up! :lachen:

2mh7cw7.jpg

UGH! NO ONE CARES THAT YOUR HAIR STRETCHES ACROSS MULTIPLE STATE LINES!

: P fun ponytails.

MY FIRST HALF WIG! I'm having so much fun with her lol. The only part that's my hair is the twist in the front.

ETA: does anyone know where i can get half wigs of a kinkier texture? I brushed this one out some but i'd like one closer to my true texture

lajay1.jpg

lajay2.jpg

Last edited:
@whiteoleander91 How did u apply the gel to get that result, it's really pretty

dachsies_rule! thank you!

How I applied the gel:

Well, first I just detangled really well in the shower, then once I was out, started applying activator gel to my hair as if I were trying to pull it back into a ponytail, making sure that all of my hair from front to back was covered. I squished the gel through my hair and kept pulling/rubbing it back, applying a little extra to my ends, but still just kept pulling it back like a ponytail until I felt I had enough gel on so that it wouldn't frizz. I applied a really light amount of some blue Eco styler (just to be sure it wouldn't get poofy), slipped on a headband and lightly (well, more like barely) shook my head left to right (while leaning a bit forward) to help bring the curls a little bit more to the front. Then I left it alone lol I'm kinda OCD about frizz, so I always end up putting on wayyyy too much gel. Doing it this way really helped me cut back. I've found that applying gel in sections, whether raking or smoothing, reeeeally doesn't work for me (same with detangling for some weird reason) and I just work with my hair as one whole unit and squeeze/smooth gel through, since I've noticed that I'm less heavy handed this way. I've been squeezing/smoothing gel through my hair instead of in sections for a while now, but just yesterday tried doing it in the way I previously described.

Wow, that was a lot lol but it all only took me about 5 mins. I hope that made sense... :D If it didn't, just let me know.

Hi Ladies!!

I just cut them off and kept on moving.....:grin:

And THIS is the end result.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg
<-----Please excuse the messy apartment :blush:
The ends looking bushy, they need to be clipped a little more.
IMG_1113.jpg

IMG00969-20111010-0130.jpg

I am getting better at twisting now :grin:

Hairstyle is inspired by the luscious hairdos of @ms-gg

bajandoc86 Love your twist they came out great!!!!

MY FIRST HALF WIG! I'm having so much fun with her lol. The only part that's my hair is the twist in the front.

ETA: does anyone know where i can get half wigs of a kinkier texture? I brushed this one out some but i'd like one closer to my true texture

lajay1.jpg

lajay2.jpg

If you hadn't said it, I'd have thought that was your hair. It is very cute!

Thank you so much Shadiyah. :kiss:
I am starting to get used to it and the ease - it's literally shake and go. I NEVER could do that when it was longer. I am hoping with the shape, it will hold WnG's easier as it gets longer.

wavezncurlz I think my hair is kinda shape like that because it growing out in layers once it had been cut off to 1/4". that cut gives you volume and like you said just shake and go. like turn your head upside down and man it just gets big. lol love it. how long is the longest layer?

yaya24 your senegalese twists are beautiful. I was going to get them about a month ago. I made the appointment and then canceled because I chickened out.

I may revisit them.

Don't be alarmed if I PM you about maintenance and how they're coming along.

Flat ironed a few days ago...

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318871703587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318871703587.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 141
kandake Thanks!!

My PMs are wide open :yep:!!

I actually chickened out of 2 prior set appointments. I have been eyeing the twists since 2009.

The ladies who where doing my hair were given "rules" before they started :lol:.

Hey guys! Im still around lol. Tomorrow is my bday so...this is last day of 28 hair! ♥

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318907742884.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318907742884.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 80
My Updo that creates the illusion of a full bun.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011Bun.jpg
    2011Bun.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 709
  • 2011Buna.jpg
    2011Buna.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 699
  • 2011Bunb.jpg
    2011Bunb.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
@Hairsnob
Can you take us through your steps to acheive that look?

wavezncurlz

Here is what I did to get that updo:

I put the flat-iron on a very low temp of about 200F and just put a quick bend going up in the sides and back, about four total (Bend the left and right side sections up in one pass and two bends up for the back). I didn't flat-iron the ends, only the root to get the bend for fullness. You could also do flexi-rods but I didn't have time.

Took each side section and held them together at the crown and held them down with a hair pin.

Then pulled the remaining back hair up so that the ends met the crown of the other pieces. It's like you're folding or wrapping a present.

Then you just put your hair accessory over the crown where they all meet in the middle.

The sad thing is I'll probably never get it to be like this again because it's never the same the second time. :nono:

Back