Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Melaninme

Renewed my driver's license today and wore a twistout. Washing tomorrow
to put back into twists for challenge.

Attachments

51.7 KB · Views: 145

nakialovesshoes

I've been wearing my hair in little Celie plaits under my wigs, scarves, etc. This time I kept them in for two weeks & just took them down to do my weekend routine. This is my 1st unofficial braidout. Unofficial because I just put a headband on to take a picture & this style won't see the light of day.

Hair type experts what say you?

First Braid Out Texture Shot 0106121.jpg

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I've been wearing my hair in little Celie plaits under my wigs, scarves, etc. This time I kept them in for two weeks & just took them down to do my weekend routine. This is my 1st unofficial braidout. Unofficial because I just put a headband on to take a picture & this style won't see the light of day.

View attachment 133869

nakialovesshoes

Girl! Look at your hair grow! And the texture is so pretty! Grow, Girl. Grow!!! :drunk:

Anakinsmomma

Here is my everyyyday bun that I wear while stretching, being as tho it seems like I'm always stretching, it's alwayyys like this. Ugh! To me it can be a drag, but I get compliments on it enough to make me keep wearing it. :lol: :grin: Welp, I'm at it again (Maybe transitioning). So here she goes again. :ohwell:

It turns out different every single day. Sometimes it gives me a fight for my life and sometimes it's easy as pie. Sometimes it turns out Oogly and sometimes it turns out Fiyaah. :perplexed
This is on straightened hair, more of a messier version:

This is my "Super Neat" way on straightened hair:

Most of the time I wear it like this on airdried, poofy, wavey hair which of course gives it more volume. Which also allows me to do the "Deep Moisture Method" while stretching. Inside it is literally soaking wet :yep:. I'll post a pic of that version later. But it's good for either or.

Very cute!

Burbujas

Renewed my driver's license today and wore a twistout. Washing tomorrow
to put back into twists for challenge.
Beautiful!! Would you mind sharing what kind of moisturizer/products you used on your hair? It looks so moisturized and shiny.

SkySurfer

More pictures..I'm on a picture flex right now!

(Post copied from crown and glory challenge)
I have nearly finished installing my next set of Senegalese Twists, with my trusty X-pressions Hair
They are 2-toned--> Burgundy in the back, black in the front..sounds gruesome, but it looks decent..honest!

I've spent way...WAY...WAAAAAYYY too much time on these to be taking them out all willy-nilly , like I usually do.
I'm very hair-fickle...

I hope to last at least 2 months with these.. at least till the end of my mock exams haha

Pics to come

ETA: THE PIKTCHAAS R HEERRE! Yay!
One of me looking kray-kray during the process of twisting
One of the front view..yup, me failing at posing
And 2 bad pictures of the back LOL
I wish I could take better pictures

Attachments

• Photo on 07-01-2012 at 02.58.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 02.58.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.05.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.05.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.06.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.06.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.08.jpg
    Photo on 07-01-2012 at 12.08.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

SkySurfer

SkySurfer

They look great!

I'm rocking some as well. Installed mine last weekend ;)

Ah thanks , Senegalese twists are getting love from the LHCF Ladies!!

Those are great and you're really a cute girl SkySurfer. How'd you attach them? How long do they last? What kind of hair did you use?

Aww thank you!
The typically last around 2 months while looking decent..I start to look like a hobo in the 3rd month! :lol:
I use X-pressions hair, and seal with hot water

Edit : Forgot to add, I attach by taking the section of my own hair, winding the extension once at the base of my own hair, braiding for a bit (I know many people don't like that), then twisting the rest.
In the middle of my head, it's hard to explain but I use a different technique, I almost drape the ext. hair on my own..make sure both sides of the ext hair are equal, then I start the braiding straight away. I also use this method on my edges, because there is less tension

What a crap explanation :look:

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Je Ne Sais Quoi, You are Gorgeous. I love your features! I look at your pics a second longer then usual when I pass by your sig. (No Gay) I was actually a lil' annoyed when you removed your siggy pic. :blush: The nerve of me, right?! :lol: :blush:

Who me!?!!!? Wow. Thank you. That really made my day :love: Leesh

The siggy pic is coming back just a better one than last time :yep:

Last edited:

Leesh

Who me!?!!!? Wow. Thank you. That really made my day :love: @Leesh

The siggy pic is coming back just a better one than last time :yep:

@Je Ne Sais Quoi,

Yes You!!! :rolleyes: Your one of my favorite faces here on the board :yep:. I love looking a pictures of our members, it also helps to put faces to personalitites or what we know of them thru their fonts. I just like to know what people look like in general. Makes it feel a bit realer, being here. Some folks tend to forget it's "Humans" behind these keyboards and go in a lil' too hard. I used to have my pics posted all up and thru till the episode a while back. Now Ima lil' shook. :sekret:

ETA: Sowwy to hijack yall!!! :blush:

Last edited:

Leesh

@bajandoc86, You are very pretty as well, gorgeous complexion! And that OOTD Pic, you look ca-ute! And last, but definately not least, those "Twists" look edible, Yummm!!! :lick: :lol: Great job!

ETA: Oh! Here's what yall get today. The Pretty, The Nappy and The Crazy, right?! :lol: I been up in here all day, doin' housework and hair. Ain't had a minute to do mine, terrible! :yawn:

"Say what ya wont jus spell ma name roight!!!" :lachen:

Last edited:

jamaicalovely

View attachment 133869

Uh this is cute. Your curlies are popping. You don't like it?

jamaicalovely

Starting to love my twist outs.

Attachments

• IMG_20120105_124044.jpg
    IMG_20120105_124044.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20120105_123701.jpg
    IMG_20120105_123701.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 117
  • twist out2.jpg
    twist out2.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 102

MzSwift

Yes, I've been totally natural for a couple years.

That's wonderful! I can only imagine the kind of "feedback" you're getting.

I'm glad the twistouts are growing on you, they flatter your face :) Pretty soon, you'll be pinning them to the side, to the front and getting fancy with them.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
blaqphoenix Thank you :grin:!

I usually use Silk Dreams Silky Leave-In, then Enso Naturals Olive and Honey twisting hair butter, and Eco-styler gel (pink). My twists remain moisturised for the week, and I get nice definition for my twistouts at the end of the week.