Excellent news from Carolyn Gray!!!

Integrity

An email response I got from Carolyn Gray

Before I get out of here, I wanted to respond. Otherwise, you know it could take weeks! Well my oil, "Healthier Hair in a Bottle" contains a number of essential oils that are known to improve the scalps circulation, really helping to fill in areas of your hair that might experienced breakage or thinning (with WGO, I never experienced any growth above and beyond what I got without it). I am already developing a "new" hairline (actual baby hair, which is kinda wild, but a blessing at 37). It contains over 9 different oils, all with different moisturizing, enhancing benefits (e.g., sunscreen and protectant, dandruff/itch alleviators, moisture sealant, shine enhancers, maintaining the scalp's oil balance, etc.), and it has a large amount of coconut oil, which is probably one of the best oils for your hair and skin. It also has wonderful things like vitamin E, panthenol, however, there are not any synthetic oils, not even fragrance. On top of all of that, it actually smells pretty decent, unlike WGO, which my husband complained smell like urine. :-

This is the only moisturizer I have used recently, and in the updated edition, the product list gets majorly scaled down as a result. I have people trying out the product in different areas of the U.S., and the word so far is very good! All I need is an address to ship you a sample. You"ll be getting some from my latest batch, you can tell me how you like the smell along with overall comments. Also, I am trying to get the book finished by the summer! Again, I really liked the forum you passed on, hopefully I will be out there soon -- /images/graemlins/drunk.gifI am trying to stay focused.

Peace,
Carolyn

Ebony

That sounds pretty kewl /images/graemlins/smile.gif! Can't wait. Is she sending samples to anyone who asks Pandora? That would be great. I hope she'd also have no problems with sharing the ingredients. I don't like putting things in my hair w/o knowing what they are. I noticed she listed a few of them though, so that's good that she shared /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Integrity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ebony said:
Is she sending samples to anyone who asks Pandora? .

[/ QUOTE ]

yes /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

Again, I really liked the forum you passed on, hopefully I will be out there soon --

[/ QUOTE ]

Pandora, is she talking about this forum?! That would be really nice!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

azul11

i am glad she got back to you. i want to get her book but if she is going to have an updated version i am wondering if i should wait. summer seems like a long time for me since by the time her book rolls around i will be back in braids whcih means i cant use it. i am wondering if maybe i should get the book and just go to the site to see what she does and doesnt use. and realistically i wont use everything she mentions but its nice to have a list of products if i need a product to do something for my hair. and i love seeing her updated pics. she seems so nice and down to earth. God bless you all.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Whoo hoo!! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

She's my favorite of the "hair book people". I requested a sample when I first woke up this morning at 4am. (to work out...) She probably thinks I'm nuts! I'm really looking forward to trying this oil.

Honeyhips

Lovely
HEHEHE thanks ladies.... Now some more info to add to my arsenal. I'm still trying to put together this hair regimen.

Honeyhips

Lovely
I'm going to order the book, but can you tell me briefly what she talks about?

Also which one should I order? Where is the 'whole' book. I guess I could get it from the book store.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I got my "Healthier Hair in a Bottle" oil sample today! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Sample is an understatement--it's probably 3-4 oz. in a spray bottle.

I haven't 'really' tried it yet. I put some on my hairline and smoothed it back a little. It was absorbed almost immediately. (And I have gel and S-Curl Spray in my right now) It's thinner than WGO. It smells 'herby', but not in a bad way. Kinda like grass... Compared to WGO it smells like a rose garden. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
The ingredients are: coconut oil, jojoba, sesame oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, rosemary oil, cedarwood oil, ylang ylang, lavendar oil, clary sage, vitamin e, vegetable glycerin, d-Panthenol, and tangerine oil.

The instructions say it's good for air drying the hair straight, eliminating frizz, loosening tangles, reducing breakage and split ends, stimulating the scalp, sealing in moisture, soothing dry, itchy scalps, softening new growth, protecting during heat styling and is good for scalp massages, as a braid spray and for thinning areas and bald spots.

As far as smell, fast absorbtion and non-greasiness, I give it a /images/graemlins/up.gif

I can't wait to try it after a shampoo!

Edited to add:
She's still working on the recipe so some samples and/or the final product may have different ingredients.

Allandra

She said I should be getting my sample this week. Wow, that's a huge sample. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

elliot

The ingredients are: coconut oil, jojoba, sesame oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, rosemary oil, cedarwood oil, ylang ylang, lavendar oil, clary sage, vitamin e, vegetable glycerin, d-Panthenol, and tangerine oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I am going to get some of this. The ingredients sound wonderful. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

LondonDiva

I'm going to ask but I already know what the answer will be.
**stupid england**

Is she only sending sample to US residents?

LondonDiva

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Well people then I need details please. How do I go about requesting a sample of her hairoil.

Integrity

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

the poor woman is getting inandated with requests. she did mention she has limited stocks.email her directly

[email protected]

i hope i got it right /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Integrity

Pandora said:
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

the poor woman is getting inandated with requests. she did mention she has limited stocks.email her directly

[email protected]

i hope i got it right /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong!
the correct email is [email protected]

Allandra

sassygirl125 said:
I got my "Healthier Hair in a Bottle" oil sample today!

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif I got mine today. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Kitkat

Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't get my sample as yet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I emailed her a few weeks ago and I haven't even gotten a response as yet! /images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I'll try emailing her again.

Allandra

Kitkat said:
Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't get my sample as yet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I emailed her a few weeks ago and I haven't even gotten a response as yet! /images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I'll try emailing her again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carolyn said she was having a bit of trouble getting out due to the snow storm during the President's Day week. Now there's more snow. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif In her area, there was much more snow than my area. Therefore, it could be due to the snow situation again.

Allandra

sassygirl125 said:
Allandra /images/graemlins/wave.gif
Is your sample one of the ones with castor oil or is it the same as mine?

[/ QUOTE ]
Same exact ingredients as yours. /images/graemlins/grin.gif