Excellent news from Carolyn Gray!!!

Faith

I emailed her Tuesday and she replied back the same day and said she would be sending them out on Wed/Thursday. And she says and I quote "I think the sample phase will end on March 1st, and as feedback rolls in, I can decide if this last formula is the one. " It's so nice of her to send them to me in Canada. I didn't think she would. She is a very nice person and if this oil is good on my hair I will definitely support her...ya know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Faith said:
if this oil is good on my hair I will definitely support her...ya know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Aside from the sample which is of course free (what is stopping anyone from making their own hair oil like this considering once she's finalized the product you will have the ingredients list? Or is it a case of ordering because it is convinient, or not knowing the actual quantities of the essential oils in the carrier oils?

marabou1

LondonDiva, I agree! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've also requested a sample, but come to think of it, I probably did it out of curiosity. I have my own oil.

A few months ago, I made a mixture of Rosemary, Coconut, and jojoba oils, and just started adding castor oil (from Haiti) to it. My mother swears that when she was younger and still living in Haiti, she had hair past her shoulders due to castor oil.

I love using my oil better than any other products I've spent money on. I'm trying to figure out if my hear is growing faster because of the oil mixture or my vitamins (B5 complex, a multi, and Biotin).

LondonDiva

You grow girl /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sounds like you have some hair growth going on there from something. Maybe it's a mixture of it all. At some point I'm going to research heavily into essential oils and the effects on the hair and customise a concoction for myself. I'm all for supporting Carolyn if her oil is a success but the ingredients are very easy to come by and so obtainable so I'll have fun making up my own mixture. I wish her all the luck with it and hope it's a great success /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Integrity

i agree. my main 'worry' is not getting as high quality oils as carolyn may obtain. not all essential and carrier oils are the same. the cheaper ones we get at the shops may be produced via low quality methods that affect their effectiveness? also, if i try and track down all the ingredients, most may be hard to find for the majority of people eg. d panthenol, tangerine oil etc etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Pandora I get my oils from Baldwins in Camberwell. They are very popular and well known. I've seen essential oils in £1 shops and I wouldn't even use those for my oil burner. I don't buy mine from there.

http://www.baldwins.co.uk/

Furthermore there are plenty of places online and in shops that sell very high quality essential oils. It's all part of the research baby. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Or is it a case of ordering because it is convinient, or not knowing the actual quantities of the essential oils in the carrier oils?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my reason. I've tried making my own oil mixtures and all I end up with is a greasy, smelly mess. I may as well have put rosemary scented Wesson Oil on my hair! /images/graemlins/barf.gif

I'm going to use the Healthier Hair in a Bottle (this stuff needs an abbreviation quick!) for the first time tonight while I air-dry...

Allandra

Yeah, it does have a long name. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I looked at the paper that came with the spray bottle of oil and it reads Healthier, Beautiful Hair in a Bottle. Whew. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm going to use mine for the first time this weekend too.

Kitkat

Allandra said:
Kitkat said:
Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't get my sample as yet? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I emailed her a few weeks ago and I haven't even gotten a response as yet! /images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I'll try emailing her again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carolyn said she was having a bit of trouble getting out due to the snow storm during the President's Day week. Now there's more snow. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif In her area, there was much more snow than my area. Therefore, it could be due to the snow situation again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra, you were right. Here is my reply from Carolyn Gray:

I can honestly say your sample is in the mail! It was mailed yesterday (I just checked our list) in a large batch trying to beat yet another snow storm. So you should be receiving it very soon. Sorry we did not get a chance to send you a mail to let you know it was sent out, but the overwhelming response has been very exciting but also hard to keep up with. :) As a result, March 1st tomorrow is the last day of the sample phase. I will try to honor everything received throughout tomorrow, and then we will process the feedback, and go to work on the label design, and I will go back to working on the updated edition of my book. :)

I hope the oil works well from you. I have been getting some really good reports from GA to London, and I look forward to your feedback (good or bad) on the oil and the draft label text.

Take Care,
Carolyn Gray
Life Changing Publications, LLC

I'm so excited! I can't wait for my oil to arrive!!!!
/images/graemlins/bdance.gif And how nice was it for her to respond within 15 minutes of my email? Now THAT'S customer service.

pebbles

Hi KitKat,

She seems like a very pleasant woman. And that is excellent customer service! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

Hey Kitkat /images/graemlins/wave.gif

That was very nice of Carolyn to reply to you, considering that she is overwhelmed. And...her reply had a very mild and empathic tone to it which you could tell she was very sincere and patient. I wish other people that are providing services to consumers like that. I also really like the fact that she personally stays in contact with her customers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

godzooki

Carolyn is a very nice lady! she's emailed me on occasion to comment on a post I wrote or let me know where to find products. she even emailed me to ask me if I wanted a sample of her oil and then emailed me again when she didnt get my addy info. I give her business attitude an A+!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I used it last night after my first henna conditioning treatment and my opinion of this product is (drumroll!) /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

It works on my hair just like she says it will. My hair air-dried soft and felt moisturized when it dried. (I left out the S-Curl Spray and the ORS Gel and only had a leave-in spray on my hair so I could see how this product did on it's own.) It takes more than oil to make my hair look smooth these days, but my hair was pretty flat when it dried. I straightened a section with a flat iron and it was relaxer straight and glossy and not greasy at all.
IMO, it's like a lighter, better smelling version of WGO. My only complaint is the spray bottle. I'm clumsy and the spray splatters and I don't want to waste any of it! I may put mine in a bottle with a spout...

When it's available for purchase I'm definitely going to purchase a bottle. Or two... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yay for Carolyn Gray! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Allandra

Wow Sassy, that is great. I am going to use mine this morning as a leave-in (as soon as I rinse this conditioner out of my hair). Hmmmmm..... I'll probably have to use my regular ole leave-in and THEN apply this on top of it or vice versa. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Question, how much relaxed hair do you have? It did well on your natural and relaxed hair?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have about 4"-5" of relaxed hair. I've been slowly trimming it off myself. /images/graemlins/naughty.gif My relaxed ends were totally straight when my hair was dry. Just like it used to look when I used Carolyn's ponytail method and WGO. The very ends were a little frizzy though. I always needed a silicone hair polisher type product on the last 1/2" of my hair in order for it to dry straight. I stopped doing this because it all goes underneath my afro puff now...

Allandra

I tried this product this morning. I first applied my usual leave-in conditioner (Kiehl's Leave-In). Then I applied the Healthier, Beautiful Hair in a Bottle Oil. My hair dried nice and smooth (well, it's not totally dry yet, but you know what I mean). It also smells really good. I applied it by spraying it in my hands, rubbing it between my hands and gently smoothed it on my hair (from the roots to the tips) in a few sections. I'm still surprised at how soft it made my hair feel. Like Sassy, I would also purchase this product. /images/graemlins/up.gif

pebbles

Thanks for that review, Allandra. /images/graemlins/smile.gif That's great to hear. I'm going to order it also. (no surprise there /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Integrity

i got my sample yersterday!! nice smell and nice bottle!it really looks good. i feel real sorry for WGO cos when thi oil takes off profits might fall.

hair wash night so will try it for airdrying 2nite. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Kitkat

I got my sample yesterday!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I didn't try it as yet but will definitely let everyone know how it works for me.

Integrity

i tried it last nite. it leaves a nice sheen and makes my roots soft. caution, it appears like a light oil but still you dont need to use a lot of it to get an effect (i did this and had oil going over my face and down my neck!-not very sexy). just like WGO, just a small bit will do. the spray bottle ensure you only use a small bit so i think one squirt of the spray is enuff.

i give it 8 out of 10. i will write to Carolyn and let her know to put a note to say only small quantities need to be used cos the oil is rich. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kitkat

Pandora, I agree with you. I used it last night after I washed my hair and again this morning when I removed my rollers. A little goes a long way. It left my hair nice and soft. I will also write Carolyn Gray with my thoughts.

Michy, here is the link to her website. You'll see her email address if you go through the site; you can request a sample by email. Carolyn Gray's Site

Go back and read this thread from the beginning. I posted my response from her on this thread, and I think she said that she would be slowing things down in March as far as samples are concerned. HTH.

marabou1

Hi Kitkat and others:

I received mine yesterday afternoon and it smells yummy! /images/graemlins/lick.gif

It almost smells like mine, except her oil has much more ingredients than the 4 that I mix together. I look forward to using it.

Kitkat: Did you spray it in your hair right before a rollerset? Did you go under a hooded dryer?

If this is what you did and you're saying that your hair turned out nice, I guess this is how I will use it after my next wash.

-Marabou