Excellent news from Carolyn Gray!!!

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Honeyhips said:
How do I get a sample?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, her sample request ended March 1, 2003.

marabou1

Hi Honeyhips:

Actually, as far as I know, she is no longer sending any more samples. She will start selling it soon from her site.

-Marabou

Compassion

I received my sample yesterday. Carolyn is so nice and down to earth. She forgot to send my sample initially. Said my name somehow got dropped from the list. The sample smells great! Better than WGO I'm afraid. I don't why, but my hair did not seem to absorb or respond to the oil as much as it does with WGO. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I just sprayed a little in my hand this morning and rubbed it in my hair. I did that twice. I dunno. I'll try it again and see how it works, maybe while my hair is wet. I love WGO though!! I enjoy it's richness. It's great, except for the smell. I can only use it when my hair is wet. I am anxious to find something I can use on dry hair, that smells good.

Blessings,
Compassion

Kitkat

Hi Marabou! I sprayed it into my wet hair before roller setting, but I didn't go under a hooded dryer. I let it air dry. I can imagine it would probably turn out nice if you dry with a hooded dryer also, but it was too late at night for me to do that. It worked really well on my dry hair, too.

It does smell yummy, doesn't it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jasmine

oh darn. i missed it by like 3 days. i emailed pandora and she gave me the addess but i c im too late. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

daviine

I received my sample today but I haven't tried it out yet. I basically wanted to give a suggestion.

If you don't plan on using this oil quickly or very often (which I probably won't because I have a lot of oils here) , I would suggest transferring the contents to a dark glass bottle--or at least a glass bottle. The essential oils will eventually eat away at the plastic and ruin your product----this plastic is PETE and defintiely not for essential oils.

If you are going to use plastic for products containing essential oils, it should at least be HDPE. Look underneath the bottle and if it si HDPE it will have that triangle made out of arrows with a "2" inside. It should also say "HDPE".

HTH someone.

Armyqt

Hey ladies, I rec'd my sample today!!! I haven't tried it yet. I'm probably gonna try it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Davine, thanks for the tip. That is definitely news to me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Davine, I checked my S-curl bottle, and th Elasta QP Penetrating moisturizer and they're both good to go. I usually drop a few essential oils in these bottles. I learn something new everyday...thanks again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

sassygirl125 said:
The oil will be avaiable for purchase at the end of the week!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is great news. Sassygirl, thanks for letting us know. I gave my sample to one of my female relatives (her hair has been thinning due to stress). I asked her to put the oil on her scalp, and I asked her to moisturize her hair with Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer (and to use nothing else but these two products). A couple of days ago, she told me that she is sprouting (Jade and I always use that word)
new hairs. She is so excited. She was so thankful that something is finally working. She said that the Mango Butter makes her hair feel so silky and soft. I'm so happy for her. She has already asked me what is she suppose to do when she runs out of the oil.
I told her I would get her some as soon as it becomes available, and it looks like that's gonna be soon. She'll be thrilled.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I just placed an order. I was probably her first customer!
I kept checking the site today with my credit card in hand.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Just want to let you know that I've got the sample a month ago, and fell in love with it. I, too, am getting baby hairs around the temple area. This stuff is great!!

Carolyn e-mailed me the other day, and she told me that her oil is going to be on her website for sale today. I haven't been to her website yet, but I'm going to check it out as soon as I finish here. If you people are using WGO, it's time to really switch.

I'll let you all know the details when I return.

skegeesmb

How much did you pay for your online order? I was going to buy some but it's 30.00 which includes shipping. I'm sorry but wildgrowth smells, but it's in my budget, hopefully she'll sell her products in stores within the next few years, then I'll buy it, but 30.00 is more than I pay for hair products for a few months.

CynamonKis

I wanted to let y'all know that Carolyn Gray sent me the oil, even though I ordered it after her 3/1 deadline &amp; I really like the oil's fragrance &amp; the way it kinda tingles when I put it on my scalp....

Can't wait to get into her routine/right now I'm doing other things but I have all of the products she recommended in her old book. She stated that although a new book is coming out, the old products are still useable if you are following her new book...

Allandra

skegeesmb said:
How much did you pay for your online order? I was going to buy some but it's 30.00 which includes shipping. I'm sorry but wildgrowth smells, but it's in my budget, hopefully she'll sell her products in stores within the next few years, then I'll buy it, but 30.00 is more than I pay for hair products for a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking one bottle with shipping?
If so, I need to find my relative something else. I did check on the website, and it was twelve dollars and some change, but I did not check the shipping. Maybe the shipping won't be a lot for me since Carolyn is in Virginia and I'm in Maryland. I'm going to have to check on this today.

vevster

I was looking on the website and shipping was NOT that high. Maybe she selected express or something.

Allandra

Ok. I went to the site to check on the shipping costs and selections. I selected the US Postal Product Shipping (4 - 7 days). This one was $4.95.

skegeesmb

Okay, I didn't select US state postal shipping. That's why it was so expensive. If I choose priority it raises the price to about 20.44 for out-of-state shipping (7.95).