Extra straightening after rollersetting

soslychic

Hey guys!

In an effort to give my hair relief from so much heat, I've decided to try and rollerset my hair instead of flat ironing when I want it straight (even while transitioning and I'm gonna give it a try when I"m natural), however sometimes I'm sure i'd like to take the straightening up a notch further, so instead of blow drying and flat ironing, I'd rather rollerset (which I'm assuming would be better than blow drying) and then either blow dry each section very breifly or quickly run over it with a flat iron. Which would be healthier for my hair?

moneychaser

Hi, I am not able to answer your question.
But, like you when I first started roller setting my hair I wanted that straighter look that heat appliances offer. Through trial and error, I found that using larger rollers gave me that straighter look.
HTH

soslychic

Carefree your hair looks awesome! I've never looked at your album before and I LOVE LOVE that color! Your rollerset turned out great! May I ask what your hair type is?

skegeesmb

The large rollers help a lot. I really need to hone down and use less rollers. Carefree, how many did you use?

ccd

This week I used larger rollers (2.5 and 3 inches) than usual and they worked out Great....I'm 7 weeks post and I get rather" puffy" at this time. After I removed the rollers I briefly blow dried the roots only with a brush and a heat concentrator.( I didn't have to do this much at all)

Lindy

Nice pictures. Your hair is beautiful!!

firecracker

Wonderful Hair!!!!!!!After those pretty pic's. I am convinced that I will start back doing my own rollersets, but with the larger rollers.

serena

Carefree, you've just provided me with yet another beautiful head of natural hair to admire! I love your roller set and twist pics.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Kind of OT, but Carefree I have to take my hat of to you! Your hair is *beautiful*! I was going through your photo album with my mom, who is also a natural. We agreed that your hair and mine (underneath the relaxer, lol) looks the same.
I didn't know anything (or I knew next to nothing) about hair care, so my hair was a good deal drier than yours. But since I'm learning so much about hair care from relaxed heads and naturals alike, I'm glad to know I have options open.

ccd

what also helps me is to roll my hair over instead of under....it helps flatten the roots if yours come out curly/wavy

Carefree

Sorry so late with my response - but thanks everyone!

Nyambura: I'm glad my album provided some useful info for you!

Ccd: Good idea - one of my friends recommended rolling over insteat of over, I'll try this tip with my next set.

Carefree

Sorry so late with my response - but thanks everyone!

Nyambura: I'm glad my album provided some useful info for you!

Ccd: Good idea - one of my friends recommended rolling over insteat of over, I'll try this tip with my next set.