Faux Locs Or Box Braids For Caribbean Vacation?

sharifeh

I'm a straight hair natural growing out keratin treated hair. I'm going on vacation and I don't feel like fussing with my hair- I want to get a cute vacation style. What do you all recommend? From what I've seen pics of, I like the look of faux locs or box braids the best. I've never gotten a braided style before so I'm nervous- I've never gotten faux locs either. I'm not planning on having whatever I get as a long term style. I might leave it for a couple more weeks after I come back at the most so I don't completely waste money.

@SuchaLady

BillsBackerz67

Braids. Faux locs are very heavy, hard to manipulate and maneuver and limited styling options depending on how long and thick they are...oh and they slip, and can look tattered if you get ur hair wet. Just not a vacation hairstyle id recommend it's ur first time ever having them.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
box braids but make sure your braider knows that you don't want 10 lbs of hair braided into your head. tell her you want it really lightweight.

my braider knows that i'm not about that life and i want to do a high bun without losing my edges, so somehow she uses less kanekalon per braid. or something like that, idk, but it's a much more enjoyable experience.

sharifeh

box braids but make sure your braider knows that you don't want 10 lbs of hair braided into your head. tell her you want it really lightweight.

my braider knows that i'm not about that life and i want to do a high bun without losing my edges, so somehow she uses less kanekalon per braid. or something like that, idk, but it's a much more enjoyable experience.

yes the one thing that has stopped me from getting braids my whole life is fear for my hairline. i also don't want to spend my whole vacay with a headache...i'll try to make that really clear thank you!

sharifeh

Braids. Faux locs are very heavy, hard to manipulate and maneuver and limited styling options depending on how long and thick they are...oh and they slip, and can look tattered if you get ur hair wet. Just not a vacation hairstyle id recommend it's ur first time ever having them.

thanks!! Im glad I asked because I had no idea!

GGsKin

Canerows or crochet braids. I had my easiest and most comfortable hair experience when I went on holiday with crochet braids. Light and easy.

Box braids take forever to dry if you get then wet. I went to Ghana with them and they were hot and heavy.

sgold04

@Rocky91 What products do you use when getting braids installed? I'm thinking of getting box braids for the first time in years, but I don't want her to use grease or gel when braiding...but I'm not sure what I should bring instead. I don't want buildup around my nape when I take them out.

Aggie

Definitely braids. I like loose curled weave hair added atbthe bottom to give it a natural human hair look once complete. It's very pretty too.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
@Rocky91 What products do you use when getting braids installed? I'm thinking of getting box braids for the first time in years, but I don't want her to use grease or gel when braiding...but I'm not sure what I should bring instead. I don't want buildup around my nape when I take them out.
Before braiding, I DC my hair, add a leave-in and a heat protectant and blowdry it.
when braiding, she usually adds a light oil. the Jamaican mango and lime oil smells so nice.
while they're installed, I don't really add many products, except for oiling my scalp.