Favorite Elasta QP products

ScandalousBeauty

OK, I did a search and all of the Elasta QP topics looked kind of outdated. So, I know that most of us have tried at least one item from this line, and I know that some of us are faithful to at least one product. So, tell us what you do and do not like from Elasta QP!

I really like the H-Two leave in conditioner, I use it everytime I wash. It doesn't drench your hair, and its great b/c I use it to "dilute" my creamy leave-in's.

I also love the Mango Butter for when I have my rod sets in. I normally don't use the mango butter for my hair when its roller set unless my curls come out too hard, then i apply a bit to each curl, then I pin curl them.

I also use glaze to tame my edges back or in place of gel when I am trying something funky.

I use the stimulating shampoo as well, I like the tingle and I feel like it really cleans my hair.

ultrasuede

I like their shampoo for relaxed hair, it is moisturizing and a minimizes tangles and also the Silk Thermal Designing Liquid which I use for roller sets.

Healthb4Length

I love Mango butter because it makes my hair wavy, keeps down the edges and controls the NG!

I also like DPR-11, smells heavenly and is very moisturizing.
I like glaze for when I do funky styles and also to control edges.

Love the H-Two Spray. I use it as an overall leave in and a detangler after a wash, it helps the comb slip right through without breakage

DPR-11 Good Deep Conditioner. Very moisturizing and thick I sometimes mix this with MSM.

Curl Wax: Love this stuff for when I use the curling iron give bouncy shiny hair that is not weighted down

Mango Butter: Use to twist with it, but I would end up using the whole jar in one application. It would keep my twist outs looking good for 3-4 days, but the smell got to me after a while. I sitll use it though on occassion mixing it with ORS twist gel.

There products seem pretty good, and quite affordable.

amy1234

when I used qp products my favorites were: breakage control serum, and mango butter which would make my hair as soft as butter!!

SandySea

I like the H-two leave-in also. I use it for basically the same reasons that you stated. I tried Aphogee leave-in, but I like Elasta better for everyday use because it makes my hair very soft and pliable, especially around touch-up time. I'm using that and Profectiv breakfree to smooth my edges for my bun (new everyday style). It works so well that my friend thought that I had used gel.

brazenxvirtue

Mango Butter: This isn't uber moisturizing but it's great for smoothing and if anything, it's worth it just for the smell. :D

Recovery Oil Moisturizer: I LOVE this product. It just doesn't build up on my hair at all. Once my hair is dry, this product is the only way to straighten out my hair, I swear. Moisture all day, bounce and swing without being weighed down. Triple A+++.

DPR-11: I've only used this once but it made an impression. It's not the slippiest, but one application left my hair soft for a week without washing again. :yep:

kombov_dymond

I have only tried the their poos, and lets just say I won't be using CON for a minute. I am going to try their other stuff out first chance I get.

karezone

Glaze is the bomb stuff. It smooths down and holds without getting hard or dry and the DPR-11(?) is great too. The stylist at the school used it on me, and it gave my hair wonderful slip. I am looking into getting some of this in January when I attempt to stream line my products.

Last edited:

candita

QP Recovery is a Godsend. The Mango Butter was good for my ends, but otherwise left little pleasure.

HoneyDew

Glaze is nice for slicking edges while I stretch.

I use Jam regular hold more often, but the glaze it nice, too.

SexySin985

Scalp Stimulating Shampoo- I got this as a free sample and liked it very much. I loved the tingle and it cleaned my hair very well. I need to go and get a full sized bottle soon.

Super Gro- I don’t even know why I bought this product! I guess because that around the time when my pjism was out of control. Any product that had the word grow in it I would buy it :ohwell: . I also bought this product before I knew how to decipher between good and bad ingredients. The first 2 in this product are petrolatum and mineral oil.

Mango Butter- love Love LOVE the smell. I mainly use it for my edges to lay them suckas down flat.

Reflect Sheen Spray- I just bought it yesterday and only used it once. I did a pretty good job of “revitalizing dull, dry hair” (that’s what it said on the bottle)

Design Foam- I got this as a free sample. I will use it to wet set my hair on Wednesday.

Power Drops- Another free sample and I like it.

H-Two- I really like this product. I use it after every wash.

DPR-11- I haven’t been using it as much but when I did use it, it did a great job. My hair felt great after using it.

Breakage Control Serum- I LOVE this product as a light protein treatment.

Bodifying Shampoo- This is the shampoo I am currently using and I like it so far.

Crème Conditioning Shampoo- I really didn’t like this shampoo the first time I used it because I did lather at all. I had to use it 2 times and then follow up with Suave Clarifying Shampoo. I will give it another shot though because I hair was very oily that day.

Stop Action Neutralizing Shampoo- I have two 3 fl oz bottles of this. Can I use it as regular shampoo or can I only used the to shampoo out the relaxer cream?

Mild Relaxer Kit- It was okay for the most part. It did do a good job of straightening my new growth but I think I like the Botanical Relaxer a lot better.

Wow, that was a lot. Can you tell I use the whole line :cool: ?!?

metalkitty

I like alot of Elasta QP products. The shampoo's are really good, no harsh sulphates.

Glaze- Kinda like Lets Jam, its a moisturizing, thick, sticky gel.

H Two- Good watery leave in, I like to dampen my hair a little with it before I moisturize with a thicker moisturizer, contains silk protein though for protein-phobes

Recovery Oil Moisturizer- Even though it has mineral oil in it, I like it because it seems to penetrate

Mango Butter- This might sound weird, but its okay on its own, but its awesome when you use it as a base or foundation to other oils/ butters, in other words add small doses of leftover carrier oils and butters like coconut, shea butter, jojoba, etc. to the Mango Butter, you don't need alot. Its so rich and concentrated you'll love it even if you disliked it before.

Tene

Design Foam, Glaze, Feels like Silk, DPR-11, Recovery, Stop Action Neutralizing Shampoo, Breakage Control Serum and Intense Conditioner I like. I don't like that H-Two leave-in at all or the Mango Buter.

Last edited:

taraglam2

Elasta QP Design Foam :) ---my one and only design foam/mousse wrap lotion ! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !!!!! Nothing else compares to it !

Elasta QP Mango Butter :nono: My hair was mad at me for days when I used this !

glamazon386

I love the Mango Butter, Curl Wax, and Glaze. I stopped using the glaze for a while though bc for some reason it takes my nail polish off. :confused: