fgrogan relaxed hair her after a 15 moth stretch!

Minty

I couldn't watch. I skipped around and stopped at 3:40. I need things to be a little more methodical and cleanly done. I don't see what everyone sees, but I wish her the best.

manter26

Oooh thanks sweet_silvia88! That is motivation right there. You can see she did have breakage but there are ways to avoid that. Also she should have relaxed in halves, and done smaller sections with that much ng; she probably would have avoided the need to do a corrective. From watching her other videos I think she's a bit rough with her hairas well. The longer you stretch the more you have to care those ends; very gentle detangling more protein to keep them strong, avoid heat. In fact, I find that after 6 months I actually use different products on my natural vs. relaxed hair. Despite that, she still made alot of progress :yep:

The reason her hair has so much texture is the Aphogee 2 Minute protein, not her relaxing process. Using protein right after relaxing, takes the hair back a few steps and reverts it. You can see after the initial rinse it was flatter than the final result. If she's able to get it that straight with a flat iron, I really don't get why she would relax it again... But then again, I'm natural and see no purpose for relaxers at all.

DivaD04

The reason her hair has so much texture is the Aphogee 2 Minute protein, not her relaxing process. Using protein right after relaxing, takes the hair back a few steps and reverts it. You can see after the initial rinse it was flatter than the final result. If she's able to get it that straight with a flat iron, I really don't get why she would relax it again... But then again, I'm natural and see no purpose for relaxers at all.

I too noticed she was able to get her hair bone straight with her flat iron (insert)*envy*:). It looked GOOD! I wouldn't do a corrective but hey whatever floats.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy

Yes, that is possible, but I must say that I myself have relaxed bone straight and used a mid step protein, no reversion issues; but everyone is different. From watching how thick her hair is, I still think being a little more methodical, even and liberal with the relaxer application would have achieved a straighter result. The more ng you have, the more likely you are to under-process. Her hair is beautiful regardless.

Theresamonet

I've been watching her for her whole stretch, and I really think 15 mos was unnecessary and too long for her. She lost a lot of growth. It looks nice, but she wasted time and progress. Long stretches aren't for everyone.

afjhnsn

Hm... I always thought you couldn't reverse the relaxer process.
Maybe with a hardcore treatment like the 2-step.. I'm going to look into this.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Yes her hair looks nice however

I looks like she only reduced some bulk . I know the entire process was not on screen but I think she barely smoothed her hair.

fgrogan1

I hate that me stretching my relaxer out longer caused you to unsubscribe....wow, I thought I was doing ok by keeping ya'll updated as of what was going on. Thanks for watching and God Bless!

Last edited:

fgrogan1

She had ALOT of breakage even though she tried to say she didn't. I watched her the entire time because I'm transitioning nut she had sections that were completely natural and for some reason saw nothing wrong with that :-/. Not knocking her at all because my hair breaks everyday lol so I think she's had some nice progress for dealing with those two textures for so long.

Thanks for watching dear! I really appreciate that. I clearly stated in my wash video that I had breakage. I dont believe in faking the funk or trying to make it seem I have perfect hair. Good luck to u and your beautiful tresses!! I hope to have your length one day! God Bless!.

fgrogan1

Finally, I stop subscribing to her months ago because I was tired of her going to relax teases, taking about "I'll be relaxing really soon" and that was back in Dec.

I hate that me stretching my relaxer out longer caused you to unsubscribe....wow, I thought I was doing ok by keeping ya'll updated as of what was going on. Thanks for watching and God Bless!

Last edited:

fgrogan1

I've been watching her for her whole stretch, and I really think 15 mos was unnecessary and too long for her. She lost a lot of growth. It looks nice, but she wasted time and progress. Long stretches aren't for everyone.

I definately agree with you!! I was expecting more progress too! It was my first stretch and it was a learning experience. Im glad I was able to make some growth instead of having shorter hair. I will not stretch that long again unless Im going Natural.

nymane

I definately agree with you!! I was expecting more progress too! It was my first stretch and it was a learning experience. Im glad I was able to make some growth instead of having shorter hair. I will not stretch that long again unless Im going Natural.

Overall, from start to present...your progress is beautiful!

Dijah

It seems like stretching can become addictive.
What length of time are you thinking of for future stretches?

Fine 4s

She seems mad cool and so happy. I like to see when people are happy and surprised cuz we all know the feeling when we've ACHIEVED!

But....stop brushing! back up and let me stare at the length....that's all I'm asking for :)

What was her length prior to the relaxer...wait, I'll check the videos....grumble grumble.

fgrogan1

fgrogan1

YouTube - Relaxer Day!

Her hair has retain alot of grown, but I thought she would be almost full MBL or WSL after 15 mos. Maybe she was trimming in between. IMO she doesn't need a corrective, but it's her hair.

I thought I would be MBL too but hey at least I didnt go backwards. Got some pretty good growth since I started my stretch. I will reach my goals this year. Wish me luck!

fgrogan1

I couldn't watch. I skipped around and stopped at 3:40. I need things to be a little more methodical and cleanly done. I don't see what everyone sees, but I wish her the best.
Wooow! Im glad I have a thick skin! The video was already 18 min long and didnt want a 45 min video so I cut some of it short. Thanks for at least trying to watch and God Bless!

LiciaB

Beautiful results! I am afraid to stretch past 12-14 weeks...I get serious breakage.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
My hair didn't look that smooth and straight even when I was relaxed! :giggle: She did a great job. The stretch did her hair well...it's nice and full!