Finally tamed my new growth!

tarheelgurl

I am about 7 weeks post and the new growth is getting unruly as usual. So this past weekend,tired of having to endure 5-6 more weeks of caring for relatively moist - straight relaxed length AND dry-curly new growth :mad: , I decided to go into the bathroom and not come out until I had found a solution.

After sectioning my hair up and mixing and matching finally one mixture stood out! Success! :grin: In that section the new growth was not dry, crackly, or unmanagible....it was moist and combable (if that is a word). So, I applied that mixture to my entire head and guess what.......the relaxed portion loved the mixture too! YAY!

What did I mix?
-about a tablespoon (maybe a little more) of Garnier Fructise Sleek and Shine leave in cream conditioner with 7-10 drops of coconut oil and the smallest drop of water. I stirred it for a long time and spread it over the new growth then the length and tied each section like a little girl's pig tail. At this point, I had 4 sections. I think I will do this twice a week and along with prepooing.

The best thing is I haven't had that much shedding this morning. Usually, once I enter the 1/2 inch or more new growth zone, my hair starts shedding a little more and more. Hopefully I have found a remedy. :D

Sorry so long but I just wanted to share!