Dry new growth, moisturized length

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
ScorpioLove and koolkittychick
Last night I put AVJ on one side and Scurl on the other. The AVJ had no slip whatsoever. It was somewhat difficult to part and cornrow. It felt sort of like when a strong Clarifyer is used. Not quite stripped but just no slip at all. The Scurl was softer and easier to manipulate but the coating felt sticky. Does AVJ and Scurl feel the same to you? I am trying to figure out if it was my technique or the products. I baggied through the night and my hair is super wet right now. I guess I will see how moisturized my hair is once it dries. Thanks for all your help ladies!

Jobwright, my exact experience with both avj and SCurl. SCurl works sometimes, sometimes not. Just not reliable. Avj is an absolute no. I baggy often without issues. Avj didn't work even with baggying. SCurl did ok with baggying.

xu93texas

Hi, I'm not a long term stretcher. I usually stretch for 12-14 weeks. Currently, I'm about 14 weeks post and relaxing this week. I LOVE Califia Moisturizing Spray from Komaza Care. I apply it to my ng several times a week. I also use it on my daughter's hair as well. I love this stuff. I also purchased the Aloe My Hair leave-in and this works well too. Please check out the reviews and ingredient product list on their website. I'm going to tag EnExitStageLeft for her input. She really likes the product line as well.

EnExitStageLeft

xu93texas

Oh we're talkin' Komazacare? Well, let me start by sayin' this. 1 of my HG's and 2 of my staples come from this line.....ITS THAT GOOD! I love both of the Moisturizing Sprays (Califia and Aloe My Hair). They both work really well, but surprisingly I receive different results.

With the Califia Spray (My HG Moisturizing spray) upon application my hair is super smooth and intensely soft. It has a plush feeling and feels like satin. I seriously love this stuff and a little goes a veryyyyyyyy long way. Its ultra-concentrated, so it can be diluted with a bit of water.

With the Aloe My Hair Spray (Super Staple) my hair is super DUPER soft and deeply moisturized. Its doesn't smooth my hair like the Califia, but with the immense amounts moisture it supplies I overlook it. Its too concentrated, but not like that of the Califia. However, it can to be diluted(just not as much).

I hope this helps a bit :)

Jobwright

Found it! Aloe Vera Juice (whole leaf), Aloe Vera (inner fillet), Behenetrimonium, Cetyl Alcohol, Hyaluronic Acid, Marshmallow, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Oil, Sunflower Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, Pro Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, MSM, Citric Acid, Phthalates-Free Vegetarian Fragrance, Gluconolactone and Sodium Benzoate(natural preservative). Looks good! I wonder which ingredient brings about the "slip"? Any ideas?maybe the marshmallow and sunflower oil?

CocoGlow

xu93texas & EnExitStageLeft

You ladies have me interested in Komaza now! :spinning:

You mentioned the moisturizing sprays -have any of you tried the Calafia Leave-in Conditioner, Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner or Aloe My Hair Moisturizing Cream as well? If so are they remarklable as well or comparable to anything else in your stash?

mrs.reese

xu93texas & EnExitStageLeft

You mentioned the moisturizing sprays -have any of you tried the Calafia Leave-in Conditioner, Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner or Aloe My Hair Moisturizing Cream as well? If so are they remarklable as well or comparable to anything else in your stash?

I have used Komaza Care products pretty much exclusively for the last 5.5 years. I was natural for 5 years then texlaxed in Jan 2013. I use Califica leave in weekly and Califica moisture spray daily. Go for Califica. I tried the aloe my hair line last week and Califica still wins hands down! The only thing comparable to Califica in my opinion is SCurl, but Califica has way more slip.

EnExitStageLeft

NappyRina

Ive tried all 3. Love them all. The Califia LI is a staple. Its smoothes, moisturizes and leaves the hair realllllllllllllly soft. It works exactly like the spray, only creamier.

The Aloe my hair leave in works really nicely when paired w/ the moisturizing cream :lick:. My hair felt like butta'.

I STAN FOR KOMAZACARE:love:

CocoGlow

mrs.reese & EnExitStageLeft

Thanks ladies...I guess Komaza is gonna get some of my money then! :grin:

So glad they offer samples ... just waiting for a sale :look:

I'll order:

Calafia Leave-in Conditioner
Calafia Moisturizing Spray
Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner
Aloe My Hair Moisturizing Spray
Aloe My Hair Moisturizing Cream

BTW can you ladies describe the scents of these 2 lines?

mrs.reese

Aloe My hair scent is crisp and clean

Califica scent is somewhere between sweet brown sugar and sandalwood

xu93texas

@xu93texas & @EnExitStageLeft

Yes, the company is worth a look. You can try sample sizes if you order from their website. Fortunately, there is a bss around the corner that sells the product line.

I have the Aloe My Hair leave in, Califia Moisturizing Spray and the Matani Leave In. I'm getting ready to purchase the Aloe My Hair Spray. I also have several products from Darcy's Botanicals that I like as well. However, the Califia Moisturizing Spray wins hands down! I use the LOC method every night:
L-Califia Moisturizing Spray
O-any of oil that I'm currently trying to use up
C-Aloe My Hair Leave in or Matani Leave-in.

I haven't tried the Califia leave-in, but I think EnExitStageLeft has.