How do you keeping your new growth moist?

Beamodel

Lately, I've been having a hard time keeping my new growth moist. I add Scurl and my hair feels sticky (probably from the glycerin content). Please let me know what you all are doing to keep your new growth moist and supple. I'm 7 1/2 weeks post and I'm not ready to relax yet...

Nonie

@Beamodel, do you use S Curl alone or are you mixing it with something else ie, do you have some other product in your hair. Also are you using the gel or the non-drip activator spray?

Beamodel

@Beamodel, do you use S Curl alone or are you mixing it with something else ie, do you have some other product in your hair. Also are you using the gel or the non-drip activator spray?

I'm using it alone. The non drip spray kind. Tonight I just added it and added some coconut oil on top of each section that I sprayed to see if that would help the sticky feel.

EnExitStageLeft

....Na yall already know what I'm about to say....

Komaza Care Califia Spray is the BOMB! The cool thing about it is, is that you can use it full strength or you can dilute it (its SUPER concentrated). What I do is poor 1/4th of the bottle into a spray bottle and fill the rest of it up with distilled water. I used this as a part of my modified LOC method and WOOOO! :lick: :drool: :dead: My hair is moisturized for days, especially when paired with creamy moisturizer :yep:. Its a staple of mine :).

Evolving78

Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist and QB Alma and Olive Heavy Cream!

i tiny bit of that cream goes a long way. i bought some the year before last and i still have a lot left.

againstallodds

I use Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme, mixed with water to make it easier to spray from a bottle.

EnExitStageLeft I was browsing Komaza a while ago and saw the Califa spray and remembered you raved about it in another thread so I bought it. I need to hurry up and try it!!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I increase my steam sessions and apply conditioner 'relaxer style' to ensure even and deliberate distribution. And through my last stretch I reduced the amount of protein on my new growth which I will be doing again:yep:

Lita

Hey T
IDareT'sHair I had QB BRBC and that didn't work for me so I sold it. I was thinking that the AOHC might work better because its thicker. I might have to get a sample of that one soon and see. Thanks girly....

Beamodel I use the AOHC on my roots/scalp & it keeps my scalp healthy and roots moist.

Happy Hair Growing!

Beamodel

....Na yall already know what I'm about to say....

Komaza Care Califia Spray is the BOMB! The cool thing about it is, is that you can use it full strength or you can dilute it (its SUPER concentrated). What I do is poor 1/4th of the bottle into a spray bottle and fill the rest of it up with distilled water. I used this as a part of my modified LOC method and WOOOO! :lick: :drool: :dead: My hair is moisturized for days, especially when paired with creamy moisturizer :yep:. Its a staple of mine :).

EnExitStageLeft
I just ordered a sample of the spray. My hair don't normally moisturize well with aloe and Shea. Mixed together. But I'm gonna try it. Thanks!

Beamodel

I increase my steam sessions and apply conditioner 'relaxer style' to ensure even and deliberate distribution. And through my last stretch I reduced the amount of protein on my new growth which I will be doing again:yep:

I will apply my next DC tomorrow and I will do it relaxer style like you mentioned. Thanks!

Lita

Beamodel

if you want sprays claudies revitalizer, darcy's and komaza care make some worth looking into. the califa spray from komaza has rave reviews via this forum and the ladies say it can be diluted too.

Lita
EnExitStageLeft
empressri
Nix08

help a sista out

Beamodel When I did use komaza,the califa spray was very nice...I didn't diluted it..After I sprayed,i would put my leave-in right on top....I do that with all sprays/spritz....

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lita

I Henna'ed today, and that AOHC fixed me right up after my hair dried.

When I pull that one out, I consider it the "Big Guns" for moisture & dryness:210:

Lita

Lita

I Henna'ed today, and that AOHC fixed me right up after my hair dried.

When I pull that one out, I consider it the "Big Guns" for moisture & dryness:210:

IDareT'sHair This has worked for me when I was relaxed,texturized & now Natural..So it worked for me,in all my different hair phases....My hair texture is in the 3's.....I'm 100% natural now..My mom is relaxed,fine strands,uses just little & it works..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lita

Yeah, I like AOHC.:lick:

I've always gotten mine from Che on a Swap. :look:

I always wait for her to buy it (over & over) and decide she really doesn't like it.:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lita
Gurl... I think I got x2 AOHC x1 Burdock Root, x2 CTDG from her and x1 Tea Tree Pomade.

She built my QB Stash deciding she didn't like it.:lol:

pisceschica

I have fine hair, so when I get new growth it gets rally tangly, especially at the crow and is difficult to get my hands through. Profectiv root health works wonders for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Lita

These Swaps occurred under the Old Label. :yep:

I also got the Moringa DC'er and the Karkady Tea on a Swap (from someone else). And the OHHB (which I love too). All U1B1 Ladies

I'm telling you Ms. Lita, my entire QB Stash was from a Swap.:lol: