? For my 3b/c ladies/Sorry very long

tiahes

Ok here's the thing. Just recently Nov. 27th I got a relaxer (Nu Expressions- it's by Bronner Brothers, you know, they make BB Super Gro grease..) anyway I had been natural for 2yrs.- no particular reason just cut my hair into a VERY short style( Like Eve's platinum blonde style when she 1st came out- minus the blonde color) So I traveled to my stylist in NC, P.S. I live in NJ, and she did an EXCELLENT job on my hair, excellent as far as hair, homegirl has the zsa, zsa, zsu!!! My issue is I'm due for a touch-up, but I am not sure if I want to tell her to straighten my hair more. When she relaxed it she didn't take all of the curl out of my hair, so when my hair is wet it curls up, you know the whole deal. I love, love my hair roller set and wrapped into the straight style that I have but when I went to this other shop here (where I get my hair roller set) the girl tells me that I need I straighen my hair out more because our hair isn't suppose to be that curly- she said it would be hard to tell where my new growth begins/ends??? Needless to say, she left me stunned. Before that I was very pleased with the mild relaxer because I like wearing my hair curly. Has anyone tried this relaxer? Am I overreacting, because she washed my hair again and said the same thing the other day. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Crysdon

I've never heard of that relaxer, but I don't see anything wrong with having curls after a relaxer. You don't want to get your hair too straight, because it will be prone to breakage. Now if she wants to determine the new growth from the permed section, I would suggest you get a rollerset a few days before your touchup, that will stretch the relaxed part and the new-growth will show. HTH

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I've never heard of that relaxer, but I don't see anything wrong with having curls after a relaxer. You don't want to get your hair too straight, because it will be prone to breakage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Crysdon. With all of these horror stories we have been hearing about these beauticians overprocessing, it's refreshing to hear someone do the opposite.

G

Girl, keep the curly hair. My hair is relaxed and it is curly too, and my <font color="black">former</font> wanted to perm my ends because they were curly. I refused. Cuz first of all, wearing hair straight all the time becomes tired, in my opinion. Keep your curly hair, and perhaps find a stylist who knows a thing or two about texturizers.

tiahes

That's what I was thinking. I'm going down to visit my family and get a touch up and on Feb. 7, I plan to take pictures so you all can give me feedback on the whole not straight enough dilemna. I mean, that really has me thinking.

BlkMane

I'm sorry but WHERE did that hairdresser go to school. That is the most stupid comment. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Like Crysdon said, just make sure you don't wear your hair curly when you are ready to get your touchup. Do a rollerset a few days before your touchup (without pressing the roots anymore)and the difference between your new growth and straight hair should be visible.

Ask for a texturizer touchup, not a relaxer so there is no misunderstanding.

My hair is not straighten bone straight either and I'm doing just fine.

(You can see my curls in my OLD photo album on yahoo, it's under "blkmane11". I forget the address, but I think it is www.photos/yahoo.com/blkmane11 or something like that.

Crysdon

(You can see my curls in my OLD photo album on yahoo

[/ QUOTE ]

And they are quite lovely I may add . /images/graemlins/wave.gif

tiahes

It's good to know that I am not alone! I didn't think my hair was done improperly. Thanks for the support ladies!! I couldn't believe what she said, but you know what I still love her roller wraps, so I am going to have to let homegirl know that I would appreciate it if she left the relaxing of my hair topic alone and only roller set my hair!

ms_kenesha

BlkMane said:
(You can see my curls in my OLD photo album on yahoo, it's under "blkmane11". I forget the address, but I think it is www.photos/yahoo.com/blkmane11 or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ] The link is http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/blkmane11

Tiah I wish that when I first got a relaxer my stylist had only texturized my hair so that I could wear it curly. My only option now is to wear it straight. My roots are the only things that get surly now. Because my hair is a 4A, but dry and porous most stylists mistakenly overprocess my hair. I went to a real hair stylist who knows about hair and she told me I should always get a mild relaxer and that my previous stylists had been over straightening my hair thinking that the dryness = coarseness. <font color="red"> I HATE STUPID HAIRDRESSERS!!!! /images/graemlins/swearing.gif</font>

tiahes

I really appreciate the enlightening words Ms Kenesha!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Your hair is very pretty:nice shiny and thick(NOV pictures) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Some stylist kill me with their smirks and comments about what "should" be corrected on your hair, even if your hair is healthy /images/graemlins/confused.gif

G

Hey Blkmane, do you find that the black and sassy cream helps to define your curls better than any other products?

I'm still searching for that miracle product for curls. Yours look really nice, especially because there is no frizz.

ms_kenesha

Thanks for the hair compliments and always remember to trust your own instincts about your own hair. If I didn't know any better I'd say that this stylist might be trying to sabatoge your hair because it is very healthy and pretty curly as well.
Just do a roller set before your touch-ups so that the stylist can see the texture differences.

ms_kenesha

If you are going to blow it out before getting a touch-up make sure you do it a few days before so your new growth texture isn't so straight. I guess this depends on your natural texture because a 2 or a 2 who does a blowout may have their stylist having a hard time seeing the newgrowth. Maybe blow it out but spritz your newgrowth with something that'll make it wave/curl up (like a leave-in conditioner).

MissM

I'm kinda late reading this post but that hairstylist didn't know what she was talking about!!!! I use a mild relaxer (Creme of Nature-lye) because I finally realized that the regular strength was too harsh. Unfortunately I do have a hard time distinguishing new growth also, but since I relax my own hair I'm just careful to only apply it to my roots. There have been plenty of times I've relaxed straight looking roots, but that is because my hair straightens very easy with a blow dryer and/or roller sets. Definitely stick with the mild relaxer no matter what anyone says.

BlkMane

Karonica-

Yes, so far the Black N' Sassy Creamy Set is the best product I've used to define my curls and minimize frizz.