? for those that regularly use Aphogee 2 Step

Pretty Star

If you reguarly use the Aphogee 2 step treatment (every 6 weeks or so like it says you should)do you also use the 2 minutes reconstructer in the weeks in between or is that overkill?

I can tell my hair really needs protein right now but I don't want to overdo it.

beans4reezy

The reconstructor is a mild protien, so it would be okay to use in between the hard core treatments. Just make sure that you follow- up with a really rich, moisurizing deep conditioner to balance out the protien you are putting into your hair. Do this everytime you use any protien.

A good DC to follow up a protien treatment is Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose or Aubrey Organics White Camilla.

loveable37

My opinion make sure u keep up the APHOGEE 2 MINS TREATMENTS every 6 weeks and only use the RECONSTRU if u see any shedding sum use the reconstru reguarly tha if ur hair likes PROTEIN .

WaistLengthDreams

I've got thin strands and relaxed hair. So I have to apply some sort of protein to my hair with every wash. I use ORS Hair Mayo (and will soon be switching to Aphogee 2 minute) every week when I wash my hair. Whenever I don't I my hair is weaker and I see a lot more hairs on the bathroom floor.

The thinner your hair strands are the more protein you'll need to incorporate into your hair regimen and if you're relaxed/damaged then that is definitely the case. Your hair needs protein so that it can receive the moisture products in your hair regimen better.

If your hair strands are coarse then you should air on the side of more moisture/less protein and even more so if you are natural.

HTH

ceebee3

I agree with the above post, I have fine hair and I use the 2 step every 6-8 weeks and I use some form of protein every other week.

sqzbly1908

I've got thin strands and relaxed hair. So I have to apply some sort of protein to my hair with every wash. I use ORS Hair Mayo (and will soon be switching to Aphogee 2 minute) every week when I wash my hair. Whenever I don't I my hair is weaker and I see a lot more hairs on the bathroom floor.

The thinner your hair strands are the more protein you'll need to incorporate into your hair regimen and if you're relaxed/damaged then that is definitely the case. Your hair needs protein so that it can receive the moisture products in your hair regimen better.

If your hair strands are coarse then you should air on the side of more moisture/less protein and even more so if you are natural.

HTH

I agree with the above post, I have fine hair and I use the 2 step every 6-8 weeks and I use some form of protein every other week.

Rollin' with my fine haired sisters...I too incorporate protein every week so you will be just fine doing the Aphogee 2- step every 6-8 weeks and light/medium protein once a week.