? for those who relax and do a color rinse on the same day.

babyblue

At what step during the process are u applying the color when you relax and color on the same day? this is going to be my first time using a temp rinse since going back to relaxers. Will probably use adore or jazzing in a reddish shade.

In any case is it a good idea to apply the rinse before neutralizing since the cuticles are wide open for better absorption or is that looking for trouble?

sqzbly1908

Hi,

After the neutralizing shampoo and before the deep conditioning

No don't apply before neutralizing - the shampoo will strip the color

Dacia38

I use the same technique. I apply the rinse before DC. I use the Jazzing brand and only recently noticed during my last touch-up that it recommends not using heat with the rinse if you are applying after relaxing. I have always used heat with my rinses and never had a problem and will continue to do so. Just thought I should mention that little tidbit.

JJamiah

I relax, rinse, neutralize, then apply color, rinse and deep condition

I use the same technique. I apply the rinse before DC. I use the Jazzing brand and only recently noticed during my last touch-up that it recommends not using heat with the rinse if you are applying after relaxing. I have always used heat with my rinses and never had a problem and will continue to do so. Just thought I should mention that little tidbit.

I do the same technique as well, nothing different and I also use Jazzing :)