Protective Styles for Natural Hair........Ideas?

paco43

I've been doing 2 strand twists pushed back with various headbands. You can manipulate them into various styles if you like a different look. I don't use extension hair, I feel it is damaging to my hair. I've noticed in my case I can't leave them in for more than a week, they seem to fuzz and tangle at the root too much. When I take them out I wear a twist out or bun it and get another day out of them.

foxxymami

I'm style challenged. I either do two-strand twists or bun it. I don't need to use the bun form unless I'm going a super neat bun. Other wise I just use a scrunci.

Moisturizing and sealing with waxes and butters do a lot for my hair ends and for minimizing tangles.

Thanks for that tip Chel! I think I have some avocado butter here somewhere.

I always :love: your hair

foxxymami

I've been doing 2 strand twists pushed back with various headbands. You can manipulate them into various styles if you like a different look. I don't use extension hair, I feel it is damaging to my hair. I've noticed in my case I can't leave them in for more than a week, they seem to fuzz and tangle at the root too much. When I take them out I wear a twist out or bun it and get another day out of them.

This sounds nice, thanks paco! I might try it this afternoon

MissJ

What's a makeshift bun? ...just twisting your hair into a circle and securing it loosely?
Pulling it back into a headband with a puff and then making individual twists in the puff and securing them. It lasts a whole week if I don't bother it. Lately, I've been stretching the hair first. Most of the time, I tie a scarf around my head to camouflage any puffiness.